What would you do if.....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed a lot of posters mentioned the "is this it?" feeling on winning the Superbowl. I don't know about anyone else but I was in an ecstatic euphoria for 6 whole days after the Bills beat the Patriots last year. I can't fathom what a Superbowl victory, let alone a superbowl appearance would feel like.

I can see myself partying the whole night into the morning, of course I would be sober because I would want to remember it. After that I would drive to the victory parade in Buffalo. For a whole week I would probably have ESPN on and listen to WGR550 all day. I'm sure I would rewatch the Superbowl at least 3 times and watch every single highlight video about 5 times. Definitely buy every peice of memorabilia imaginable. Then I would buy the most expensive tickets to the opening thursday night game that every SuperBowl winner has the following year and just soak it all in. Let's just hope this world makes it that far because the Bills winning the Superbowl would be the end of the world as we know it.

Edited by Bills!Win!

I noticed a lot of posters mentioned the "is this it?" feeling on winning the Superbowl. I don't know about anyone else but I was in an ecstatic euphoria for 6 whole days after the Bills beat the Patriots last year. I can't fathom what a Superbowl victory, let alone a superbowl appearance would feel like.

Especially when you factor in those of us who endured the 4 consecutive Super Bowl defeats.

I seriously doubt that I'll be underwhelmed when the great moment arrives this coming January.

Here are the unoffical Super Bowl Victory rules.

1. Cry

2. Kiss somebody you love or even kiss yourself damnit.

3. Look outside to see if Jesus is coming back, if not..

4. Grab your best bottle of booze or if you like me puff puff give.. toast one to Ralph. God knows he deserves one.

5. Toast yourself for going through so many bad years.

6. Make plans to come to the B-Low for the parade. Cost is not an excuse. If you a true Bills fan your ass better be at City Hall the day of the parade.

7. You are in non-sleep mode until the parade ends. Cat-naps are allowed.

8. Work is not allowed for 24 hrs after the game.

9. You are not allowed to drive if you get pissy drunk. Why die or kill somebody else during the best day of your Bills life??

10. Party like its 1999.

Hmmm this is a tough one, the first 4 we were in, I thought about my Dad a lot, he just missed the 2nd glory years but was around for the first ones. I think since my new baby boy was just born a few months ago and will be a bit under a year by that point. I will probably get on back home maybe more than just for a visit with him and his Mom. Thailand is great but we need a change that would be a good way to start it. I might cry a bit but I am not prone to doing that.

Hmmm this is a tough one, the first 4 we were in, I thought about my Dad a lot, he just missed the 2nd glory years but was around for the first ones. I think since my new baby boy was just born a few months ago and will be a bit under a year by that point. I will probably get on back home maybe more than just for a visit with him and his Mom. Thailand is great but we need a change that would be a good way to start it. I might cry a bit but I am not prone to doing that.

Honestly Bow, that kind of brings up my biggest heartache about those years. I was doing charity work at the Roswell kids Cancer Center back then, and of course the Bills were a big hit. Stricken kids wearing Bills jerseys covering their bald heads from radiation treatment with Bills caps, given hope and the feeling that they could be winners at least for the moment too, if only the Bills could win. I'm not a cryer by nature (to the point of thinking maybe something's wrong with my tear ducts), but if something were to open the flood gates, that would be it.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

1342463427[/url]' post='2505606']

i dont mean to single you out, but that middle section has always struck me odd. i know here in new orleans it was a big rebuilding milestone(and given the situation, i got it then), but to identify that much with your fandom.... well, i guess i dont.

Well, I guess you're in the minority around here.

Honestly Bow, that kind of brings up my biggest heartache about those years. I was doing charity work at the Roswell kids Cancer Center back then, and of course the Bills were a big hit. Stricken kids wearing Bills jerseys covering their bald heads from radiation treatment with Bills caps, given hope and the feeling that they could be winners at least for the moment too, if only the Bills could win. I'm not a cryer by nature (to the point of thinking maybe something's wrong with my tear ducts), but if something were to open the flood gates, that would be it.

Good for you Joe, :worthy: I was a busy boy back in those days with some charity stuff as well (albeit of a different nature but). Feeds the soul and is good for the community. Much love.

What would I do if the Bills win the SB?

Heck, I'd have some kind of levitating out of body experience:

meteors shooting out of my ears, blinding rays of light coming out my eyes, and the sound of angels singing would be coming out of my mouth.

All jokes aside, I'd watch it with my son, and drive down for the parade.

One quick comment though: I'd never go see the Bills actually play in a SB. Usually the atmosphere isn't the same. Half the fans cheer for the opposing teams, and most of the people there don't even watch football that much....they just happen to have a brother who is VP of Budweiser or something, so they get the tix.

It's Monday morning/afternoon and I think I am still in the wake of a hangover. However, I feel a little optimistic this afternoon.

I have always said if Buffalo makes it to another Superbowl, I will be in Buffalo to watch it. (I have traveled and lived many places and currently live in PR)

Anybody on TBD have any plans or promises they want to make if Buffalo manages to get a ring?

I personally promise free Puerto Rican Rum to any Buffalo fan who wants it.

I would watch it alone with my cell phone off because most of the people I know are Pats and Skins fans. Win or lose, I don't think there's a chance I'd go to work the week afterwards. That would either be an awesome week or a really really bad one.

Here are the unoffical Super Bowl Victory rules.

1. Cry

2. Kiss somebody you love or even kiss yourself damnit.

3. Look outside to see if Jesus is coming back, if not..

4. Grab your best bottle of booze or if you like me puff puff give.. toast one to Ralph. God knows he deserves one.

5. Toast yourself for going through so many bad years.

6. Make plans to come to the B-Low for the parade. Cost is not an excuse. If you a true Bills fan your ass better be at City Hall the day of the parade.

7. You are in non-sleep mode until the parade ends. Cat-naps are allowed.

8. Work is not allowed for 24 hrs after the game.

9. You are not allowed to drive if you get pissy drunk. Why die or kill somebody else during the best day of your Bills life??

10. Party like its 1999.

Not a bad plan, I hope we have to decide how to do it this year!