Oh god Egyptians throw tomatoes and chant Monica at Hillary

This should not be unexpected, Hilary is trying to give a blanket of legitimacy to what amounts to the old regime minus Mubarak, high levels of poverty and very high levels of youth unemployment combined with systemic government corruption leads to a lot of unhappy campers who unlike Washington don't want business as usual.

If it was me in that limo, I would have turned the radio all the way up and blasted Walk Like An Egyption

I would greet the spectators by doing the Walk Like an Egyptian arm movements and let out an occasional Way-O Waaay-O!

Edited by /dev/null

Shouting is ok, throwing tomatoes is pretty poor but changing Monica! Monica! is just really in bad taste.

That really was my thought. The shouting and even tomato throwing you can brush of as a typical Egyptian mob, nothing personal. The Monica chants? That puts it over the top...

"But I am confident that the people of Egypt can find the answers, and do so peacefully, constructively, and in the spirit of unity that has defined these last few weeks. For Egyptians have made it clear that nothing less than genuine democracy will carry the day." -- President Barack Obama 2/11/11 (on the "Arab Spring")

Are we getting our money's worth from the Obama administrations "foreign policy" ?

Obama Funds the Egyptian Government

A Muslim Brotherhood–controlled government gets $1.5 billion.

Andrew C. McCarthy

Of course our wonderful media will stress the "tomatoes" and smirk at the "Monica" chants, but what they won't do is tell us the real reason for the protests.

Picture of protesters

Please note the signs say “Hamas will never rule Egypt” and “Egypt will never be Pakistan”

There aren’t protesting Hillary per se.........but the agenda of her boss.

The posters are very professionally done, possibly because Copts tend to go into business and engineering. Alexandria has a large Coptic population, and the slogans hardly look pro-Islamist. I think they are objecting to American policy and Obama Administration support of the Islamic extremists.

But concentrate on Tomatoes/Monica.................

Of course our wonderful media will stress the "tomatoes" and smirk at the "Monica" chants, but what they won't do is tell us the real reason for the protests.

Picture of protesters

Please note the signs say “Hamas will never rule Egypt” and “Egypt will never be Pakistan”

The posters are very professionally done, possibly because Copts tend to go into business and engineering. Alexandria has a large Coptic population, and the slogans hardly look pro-Islamist. I think they are objecting to American policy and Obama Administration support of the Islamic extremists.

We supported Mubarak until it was clear he was done now will we support the Egyptian military rule unless it looks like they're done.

"But I am confident that the people of Egypt can find the answers, and do so peacefully, constructively, and in the spirit of unity that has defined these last few weeks. For Egyptians have made it clear that nothing less than genuine democracy will carry the day." -- President Barack Obama 2/11/11 (on the "Arab Spring")

Are we getting our money's worth from the Obama administrations "foreign policy" ?

Andrew C. McCarthy

I was going to ask if you were a maniac suggesting we should go into Egypt, or that through policy we could somehow change their country. But then I realized that you just think supporting their electoral process is Obama supporting Islamic extremists.

I was going to ask if you were a maniac suggesting we should go into Egypt, or that through policy we could somehow change their country. But then I realized that you just think supporting their electoral process is Obama supporting Islamic extremists.

Sorry.

We are not "just supporting their electoral process" that is a simplistic view.

We have also sent Egypt nearly 2 billion dollars in the past 15 months.

and Leaders can influence other countries through policy, we have seen it throughout our History.

but not since 2009

Sorry.

We are not "just supporting their electoral process" that is a simplistic view.

We have also sent Egypt nearly 2 billion dollars in the past 15 months.

and Leaders can influence other countries through policy, we have seen it throughout our History.

but not since 2009

So are we/have we been too involved or not involved enough in you eyes? What are you suggesting? We should rig their election? We should have never been remotely involved for the past few decades? I'm not trying to attack you btw (since it takes a disclaimer these days on PPP) but just trying to understand if you have any thoughts on this other than just "Obama bad, use Egypt now as argument."

She's a hag, travelling around the world with her preachy hypocritical diatribe. I agree tomatoes were bad, don't want to do anything of a physical nature, should have just stuck to a good old fashioned mooning. Given how nasty the Clintons have become, I don't see any verbal taunts as off limits.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Why isn't Hillary the Hawk forming a "coalition of the willing" to isolate the despotic regime in Bahrain, and stop their brutal crackdown of peaceful protesters who want democrcacy and to end human rights abuses?

Oh yeah, oops Bahrain is a puppet state of our "dear friends" Saudi Arabia, the icon of despotism in the world, so controlling they even named the country for their family. Whoops, never mind Hillary ....

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Picture of protesters

And why do some of them think America has a secret pro-Islamic fundamentalist agenda to impose on the world? Many of them from trash conservative blogs and news cites you empower with your crazyness. And sadly, also some from elected officials in our own country.

Pressed by American reporters to explain where they got the idea that their new Islamist president, Mohamed Morsi, had been foisted on them through a U.S. plot, rather than the will of the majority, several Egyptians cited information gathered from American blogs or news sites.

An Egyptian-American Christian who met Mrs. Clinton on Sunday cited recent claims by Representative Michele Bachmann, a Republican, “that the Obama Administration is pursuing a closeted pro-Muslim agenda,” in a conversation with Time magazine’s correspondent, Abigail Hauslohner.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/16/egyptians-who-jeered-clinton-cite-american-conservatives-to-argue-u-s-secretly-supports-islamists/

Edited by TheNewBills