Pick the Wide Outs Who Will be cut

Opening Day 53  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Which receivers will be cut before the season starts?

• Kamar Aikin
    • David Clowney
    • Marcus Easley
    • TJ Graham
    • Derek Hagan
    • Stevie Johnson
    • Donald Jones
    • Ruvell Martin
    • David Nelson
    • Naaman Roosevelt
    • Derek Session

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am suprised to see Kamar Aiken get so many votes.....rumor has it that the bills are VERY high on that kid

As am I - as a fan - the kid has looked very much the part of an NFL wideout.

I agree with the majority here, it seems. My choices to stay on the active roster are Stevie, Dave Nelson, Donald Jones, T.J. Graham, Marcus Easley, and Hagan.

Leaving Aiken and maybe Sessions to the Practice Squad.

I think we need to see some really explosive, attention grabbing play from one or more recievers other than Stevie Johnson this year - someone's got to have close to a 1000 yards and a handful of touchdowns, or at least be a solid starter on the opposite side of Stevie. We've listed six active roster WR's, and one or two practice squad players, but all of them are "potential" players. If a few don't go from potential to actual, we'll have to see an influx of F.A.'s or higher draft picks to form a consensus, lock down group of dependable WR's. As it is now, everyone after Stevie Johnson should have to fight for their spot - the highest spot being a legit 2 WR (meaning, we have a group of active roster WR's, and none of them are clearly good enough to be a #2 WR - they may prove it, but haven't yet). In that sense, it might be the least tested group of WR's in the NFL.

I like them, BTW - I just want to see better, more consistent play there.

My argument may not be overwhelmingly compelling but it goes something like this. When Nix/Gailey cut Lee Evans I wondered if they didn't value speedy outside guys either because of Chan's offensive scheme or Fitz's weakish arm or the fact the Bills QBs didn't have a lot of time to throw deep. I now think differently. We've drafted a couple speedy receivers in higher rounds over the last few drafts, clearly needing someone to stretch the defense. It seems to me Chan does indeed value outside speed and Clowney has it. As I recall, he runs the 40 in something like 4.3.

And btw, I think Hagan was the late season desperation pickup. We didn't sign Clowney until January to compete for a roster spot this season. Hagan won't beat out Jones for #2 but could be a competent back-up (nothing more or less). Clowney won't be a starter either but his elite speed will have situational value. I don't know Hagan very well but he seems to me just another guy. Clowney is a speedster and brings something special to the table.

you have valid points. We all are guessing i know. But i thought we drafted TJ for that speed threat which we need badly. Even if Fitz cant reach him :devil:

I think that makes D Clowney expendable. My basis on Hagan is that he showed up well enough last year without much experience in Chans play book and has had very good reports running with the ones while stevie was resting his johnson.

Thank you Hondo, for reminding me how we got Clowney :oops: The interview with him and Hannah cracked me up " what would you like the fans to know about you?" DC answered " I'm Fast!"

Regardless of who is right between all of us Chan thankfully has some tough choices.

Also, in a completely nerdy response, since all voters are likely picking 5 of the 11 to be cuts, the vote % should be multiplied by a ~5.

Its also curious there are 4 votes each for the clearly uncutable WRs.

Johnson, Nelson & Graham.

Wwas it the same 4 Dill Weeds that made that silly vote, or were there 12 different Dill Weeds?

Derek Hagan is the darkhorse here. He has the size/speed combo we could use at #2 WR. Plus he has experience. The #2 battle is very compelling with Jones, Easley, Graham, and perhaps Hagan, Aiken, or Clowney. Anyone could step up and win that spot

On the Roosevelt situation and whether or not they keep him:

As stated above, the Bills have cut him twice and brought him back both times. There's a reason he has been brought back and if the FO thinks about that, they might decide to keep.

Like they always say in relationship crisis,"If its meant to be, let your mate go and if they come back, it's meant to be." He has come back twice so maybe its meant to be.

you have valid points. We all are guessing i know. But i thought we drafted TJ for that speed threat which we need badly. Even if Fitz cant reach him :devil:

I think that makes D Clowney expendable. My basis on Hagan is that he showed up well enough last year without much experience in Chans play book and has had very good reports running with the ones while stevie was resting his johnson.

Thank you Hondo, for reminding me how we got Clowney :oops: The interview with him and Hannah cracked me up " what would you like the fans to know about you?" DC answered " I'm Fast!"

Regardless of who is right between all of us Chan thankfully has some tough choices.

It seems like Chan likes players who bring unique gifts. Brad Smith isn't a Fitz clone, for example - his skill set allows Chan the Mad Scientist to play with different ideas. CJ and FredEx have very different running styles and are used somewhat differently thus making the Bills hard to prepare for. Etc.

But maybe you are right in that TJ (and Easley) give Chan all the speed he needs outside making Clowney and his quick feet (not to mention his tweeted AIDS tests) expendable.

It remains to be seen if the Bills have a valid #2 but we do seem to have a lot of depth. Some good WRs won't make this roster.

Chan the mad scientist indeed. That's an on the nose description for me Hondo. Not only different skill sets but versatilty. That applies to the whole team i think.

One of the reasons it's probably tough for a first year guy to get comfortable. ( TJ and Clowney, Sessions too )The WR's are asked to play each role and we are about+ two years into development/implement. Because you did mention Chan keeping opposing defenses wondering, i think we played a little dumb last year. Not losing but knowing full well this has been a 3 year plan all along and why show em the cards last year when we struggled.

PS. why so serious: i have not heard anyone say dill weed since high school! and it still cracks me up. i graduated in 78 i think. so thats a while ago brother ;)

Man i can hardly wait for camp.

Edited by 3rdand12