Aaron Brooks is a cocky cancer

Charlie68

Brooks stirred the pot leading up to tomorrow's game against Carolina -- a matchup that could send the winner to the playoffs -- by saying there's a reason Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme was his backup in N'awlins.

"Jake is a great guy, a good quarterback," Brooks told reporters in New Orleans. "(But) he's on a team that plays well together. I'm the exact opposite. I'm a great quarterback and I'm on a team that's kind of struggling and been very inconsistent a lot of the time.

"I've been able to do some great things. There's no comparison."

He's slamming another QB who was 1 minute away from winning the superbowl - and he'd basically saying that He is great but the rest of the Saints team sucks. How could any Saints player follow him or want to play for him?

unbelievable

I hope Delhome throws 5 TDs against the saint tomorrow

He's slamming another QB who was 1 minute away from winning the superbowl - and he'd basically saying that He is great but the rest of the Saints team sucks.  How could any Saints player follow him or want to play for him?

unbelievable

186929[/snapback]

I predict there's gonna be alot of "look out blocks" in that game by his O Line.

This is the same Aaron Brooks that made ESPN SportsCenters 10 worst plays of the year by pitching the ball 20 yards backward in a fit of panic and a moment of sheer stupidity.

186933[/snapback]

"That's not in the playbook.......but it should be."

The Aaron Brooks Experience.

He's slamming another QB who was 1 minute away from winning the superbowl - and he'd basically saying that He is great but the rest of the Saints team sucks.  How could any Saints player follow him or want to play for him?

unbelievable

186929[/snapback]

Whats shocking about that quote is how awful Aaron Brooks actually is, he isn't in the same league as Delhome. Talent wise yes but he makes critical mistakes and costly turnovers in every game he plays. He is inconsistent at best and when he's on he is only above average, certainly not great.

I agree that the Saints play with no cohesiveness but those comments were still way off base. What a tool

i dont see the big deal, so the guys confident. hes not lyin about his team bein sh*tty, you shouldnt say it, but they probably all know its the truth. their squad consists of 3 players in stallworth, deuce and brooks. he didnt put down delhomme and he basically said they have a good team. with that said i dont even like brooks.

Yeah, it really doesn't reflect very well on him.

I liked him fine when he played here in the "Bermuda Triangle", but I would never want him as head coach of the Bills.

Remember when everyone wanted him to replace Gregg?

I liked him fine when he played here in the "Bermuda Triangle", but I would never want him as head coach of the Bills.

187263[/snapback]

I did. He's a Bills hero.

Lost in Carolina's late season run has been the quiet one by New Orleans - two somewhat unlikely road victories at Dallas and Tampa have left them in position to perhaps make the playoffs with a win. They do own a head to head victory against the Rams. Under Brooks and Haslett, they have been a very streaky team for whatever reason.

187263[/snapback]

i think haslett saved his job for 1 more year, then he's gonna be looking for a defensive coordinator job in 2006

i also think 2005 will be grey's last year as bills defensive coordinator. he's getting alot of attention and will end up as a college head coach in 2006

given hasletts ties to the bills organization, family in buffalo, and coaching ties to donahoe and mularkey he'll prolly be our defensive coordinator in 2006

I can't see that far into the future, but I do know that I'm extremely wary of having Haslett coach here.

I really don't know how I would feel about him as a DC. The NO defenses haven't really been outstanding.

Who did he DC for before he was a head coach? I don't recall.