any news on torell troup?

look, edwards is going nowhere. the guy is really solid and has monster moments, ( redskins game). i know they had a couple lineman hurt, but cmon, the guy can play and is good. you want at least one sure thing as a backup at dt... carrington and heard fill out at dt.

i say we keep 10 dlineman.

mario

merriman

anderson

kelsay

johnson

dareus

williams

edwards

carrington

heard....

I agree with this, except maybe troup instead of Edwards if he has a productive camp because he's younger and has more potential.

My gut says if we didn't draft Troup so high he would have been gone long ago. I agree with an earlier poster that the dude should think about his health first and seriously consider getting out of football and slimming down and taking care of his back so he's not stuck on a couch addicted to painkillers the rest of his life. It sounds like his injury is no joke.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it has nothing to do with the players, got it. :)

Indirectly. The wins have something to do with the players. The whines have to do with the wins making the fans think the players are juicier on the opponent's side of the draft.

So ultimately the whines have to do with the opponents players (who win) making the fans think the players are juicier on the opponent's side of the draft.

Oooooh....head hurtzzzzzz now.......

So the question about T n T? We have had nothing new of him.

Can he go to the rookie strength/training that just started? I am hoping for you guys to pass on some tweets from the young guns.

Hopeful. you should lie down and rest for a bit. These reoccurring head pains are not good and we need you for the whole season buddy B-)

Edited by 3rdand12

Indirectly. The wins have something to do with the players. The whines have to do with the wins making the fans think the players are juicier on the opponent's side of the draft.

So ultimately the whines have to do with the opponents players (who win) making the fans think the players are juicier on the opponent's side of the draft.

Oooooh....head hurtzzzzzz now.......

Good teams don't draft "project" type players to fill a need. Typically good teams are drafting players, such as Troup, in the 3rd round or beyond and as depth or to develop. The Bills instead drafted him to be an immediate starter. So basically the Bills reached for the 7th-10th best DT in the draft in the 2nd round and it has not come close to panning out any which way you look at it.

So, to not have this issue going forward...

1. Draft the best player available no matter what (SPILLER draft). If there are a bunch of guys that really are graded the same, go with the biggest position biggest need (GILMORE this year in the 1st vs. Glenn).

2. Only take "project" type players or a backup (TROUP) when you have an established player in front. In the case of TROUP, he was drafted to fill the most important position when running the 3-4. Basically, from the start, the defense was poised to fail in him being a rookie and injury prone. The smart pick would have been CODY if it was a must to grab the DT in the 2nd round. Not saying I would have wanted CODY either, but at least he was a 1st round talent that slipped and a much better resume to justify a 2nd round pick.

Stick to #1 above and you will indeed see more winning seasons than losing.

Edited by Booger

I left this thread 6 pages ago and you're still hatin' on Troup. Feels kinda personal.

Obviously you didn't since you are back posting again. Also, not sure that I would call it personal when it is a topic about Troup and people continue to post. Just because you don't feel like contributing anything other than trying to "take a shot at me" makes you better vs. adding something of substance or posting some quality substance of how I am wrong?

Please do so and keep living in the fantasy world. I am a fan. I can admit when the Bills made a mistake on a player and I can break it down as to why. I expect, and more importantly pay for, the Bills to win and put a winning team on the field. If I do not care for a player, do not think a player is panning out, playing to his potential or is just a plain old bust, I am not afraid to admit it. The Bills have been atrocious for 10 years. They do not get a "free pass" in my book because they have made some good moves on paper over the past 2 seasons. Show me a winner on the field, show me players that have contributed to that fantastic but until then I don't plan on coddling players because of where they were drafted, because they were drafted by the Bills, because they play on the Bills etc.

Jesus Beavis calm the Hell down. So you're a fan..me too. You're just all wound up looking for a hill to die on to show your not a 100% homer. Don't be so cocksure Troup was a bad pick until he has comes back from an injury that was hardly his fault. Let's see what happens in TC before you spazz out on this kid's premature demise.

Crikey, what's with all the venom Boogs?

Troup has been injured. Injured bad enough that he can't play at the NFL level. He may never be able to.

You complain about missing out on Gronk (also a second round pick), but Gronk was off many teams draft boards because he was considered a huge injury risk (we/I don't know if he was off the Bills board). Troup has been injured while Gronk hasn't and has outplayed expectations in a perfect system for him. Maybe Troup could also outplay expectations, but we may never know if his back doesn't heal.

i just had a back fusion a few weeks ago and i have talked with troup on twitter about his and he had a little more done then just a fusion but he is working hard and doing good, he said he will be ready for camp, i like troup he is a good guy, he is a hard worker and we drafted him as a nose tackle to hold off two guys and now he should be one on one with someone on the o-line i hope he will be another beast on our now staked d-line.....man im pumped for this season GO BILLS!!! :thumbsup:

batten will beat out white. he can play inside and rush the passer. plus hes bigger and not coming off a knee injury...

+1 :thumbsup:

I'm a fan of Batten, and think that our patience pays off with him. We'll see in preseason games, I think.

i just had a back fusion a few weeks ago and i have talked with troup on twitter about his and he had a little more done then just a fusion but he is working hard and doing good, he said he will be ready for camp, i like troup he is a good guy, he is a hard worker and we drafted him as a nose tackle to hold off two guys and now he should be one on one with someone on the o-line i hope he will be another beast on our now staked d-line.....man im pumped for this season GO BILLS!!! :thumbsup:

awesome post. Finally. :wallbash:

please write him for me and tell him alot of folks are rooting for him. Thank you. And you too! hope you get pain free and all your mobilty back!! :thumbsup:

awesome post. Finally. :wallbash:

please write him for me and tell him alot of folks are rooting for him. Thank you. And you too! hope you get pain free and all your mobilty back!! :thumbsup:

your welcome and thank you im 3 weeks in and feel like a new man im only 28 but i got hurt when i was 26 and spent two years feeling like i was 90 lol so i understood how he must have felt when they said he was held out because of back pain its know joke and until you feel it you will never understand, no matter how he turns out i give him my full respect because he told me he had to work on learning how to walk again and everything just to come back to try to play for us and give it his all im hoping i can set up a time and meet with him well training camp is going on that would be awesome but just getting to talk to him on twitter is pretty cool and the fact he tell me to keep him posted on how im doing shows he is a good dude :thumbsup: