For us old farts......

THANKS .... trying to determine when we qualify for 'old farts' status.

I remember Burnett too and this link was really great!

To borrow from Jeff Foxworthy - If you remember this $%*!.....you must be an old fart!

Wow.

You guys are really old.

I don't remember Bobby Burnett and I started following the team around 1969.

Was that before the invention of the forward pass?

:)

Ouch. Burnett had a high ceiling then suddenly gone. You probably don't remember Preston Ridlehuber then.

Ouch. Burnett had a high ceiling then suddenly gone. You probably don't remember Preston Ridlehuber then.

Not from memory but Preston is a very important figure in Buffalo Bills lore so I've studied up on him.

BTW, during the game which led to Kay Stephenson's firing (against the Bud Grant-led Vikings) someone made a Preston Ridlehuber sign that was hung along the Bills Wall of Fame with the same sized letters.

It was a damn funny sight during yet another dismal Bills loss.

Talk about a very noteworthy if undistinguished career:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_Ridlehuber

Burnett had a great rookie year. Maybe the best rookie year ever for a buffalo bill? That is one hell of a claim, but his "one and done" career was a real shooting star. The injury sounds like one that would take a player out of the game even today.

The Sestak article made me wonder why those talking about Andre Reed and other Bills as hall of fame prospects haven't brought him up? I suppose so much time has passed its beyond considering?

Even if you don't remember him, you might find this interesting - as is this website (for those who remember the AFL).....

Bobby Burnett

i remember him well, as a matter of fact, he stayed in buffalo during one off-season and he substitute taught gym at south park H S while i was there. very nice, humble guy, as i recall. too bad about his career ending so early.

Edited by dwight in philly