What were the Best Seats at a Event Personally

Back in the late 70's my wife was doing charity work with Dean Torrence's mom in Florida. "Jan and Dean" of surfer music fame had a concert at The Sunrise Music Theatre and Deans mom sent a Limo up to WPB to pick us up. Front row seats. After the show; backstage to their rooms for party with family,press ect. Totally cool, talked late into the next morning about hot cars, the California scene, ect ect. Very friendly down to earth people for stars.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never had great seats at a Bills game, but I have had great seats for the Sabres. I once sat in a luxury box for my birthday when I was younger. However, I have to say my best seats were at a Sabres game, I sat 15th row, center ice.

Remember when tickets behind the Sabres bench used be around twenty bucks... When I was young my sister would take me to a game for my birthday and get those premo seats... One game that sticks out was a Nordiques Game.

Anway... On the opposite end of the spectrum... There were the Oranges @ The Aud... We would sit there for the NBA Buffalo Braves games... Getting our tickets free via the back of the Dairylea milk cartons... Where I fist became afraid of heights!

I probably just dated myself!

They weren't seats, but Cake (the greatest active band in America) played the Chili cook-off in Richmond. Problem was, they're not big with the target age group, so we were able to get right up on the stage so close you could see the wrinkles on the guy's forehead. It was like getting a private concert.

They weren't seats, but Cake (the greatest active band in America) played the Chili cook-off in Richmond. Problem was, they're not big with the target age group, so we were able to get right up on the stage so close you could see the wrinkles on the guy's forehead. It was like getting a private concert.

chili fans don't like cake?

C'mon.

I know of your love for Flutie. At the time when he saved the team I was grateful. When he was the savior, I was grateful. When the truth came out and he showed his true colors I turned, for ever. I'll concede that he helped the franchise in a time of need but at the end of the day he was an @$$hole. And I'll never give up on that opinion.

Had my hands on center stage at a Springsteen show in Carbondale, IL 1981. He howled the end of Jungleland looking me in the eye from about 2 feet away.

Tell me I'm wrong: There is no better show in rock than Springsteen. The man brings it every time. And brings it for three-plus hours.

I was in the first couple of rows dead center when Metallica played Monsters Of Rock at Rich Stadium in 1988 - great show.

Multiple shows over the years where i've been right up front in the pit.

I have 4th row seats for Mayhem Fest (Slayer/Slipknot/Motorhead) in August - can't wait!

Tell me I'm wrong: There is no better show in rock than Springsteen. The man brings it every time. And brings it for three-plus hours.

As much as in a metal guy, my wife got me into Springsteen and you're right - the guy brings it every show and is always awesome to see - you always feel like you're setting the best show he's ever done - not to be missed.

I know of your love for Flutie. At the time when he saved the team I was grateful. When he was the savior, I was grateful. When the truth came out and he showed his true colors I turned, for ever. I'll concede that he helped the franchise in a time of need but at the end of the day he was an @$hole. And I'll never give up on that opinion.

Well now that you bring it up yes, we all owe Flutie a huge debt of gratitude for selling tickets at a time when they simply weren't selling and at a time when the "Business Backs the Bills" campaign was heading for a big time losing season.

As for "truth," I'm not really sure what truth you're talking about. Whose testimony are you choosing to embrace? I lived in Buffalo at the time and was of course, a rabid fan who listened to sports radio all the time, watched every sports show and read every newspaper in town. Virtually the only criticisms of Flutie I recall were those that came from one man.

Speaking of which, my comment to you was about Coach Dickerson, not Flutie.

Well now that you bring it up yes, we all owe Flutie a huge debt of gratitude for selling tickets at a time when they simply weren't selling and at a time when the "Business Backs the Bills" campaign was heading for a big time losing season.

As for "truth," I'm not really sure what truth you're talking about. Whose testimony are you choosing to embrace? I lived in Buffalo at the time and was of course, a rabid fan who listened to sports radio all the time, watched every sports show and read every newspaper in town. Virtually the only criticisms of Flutie I recall were those that came from one man.

Speaking of which, my comment to you was about Coach Dickerson, not Flutie.

IMO I witnessed Flake Boy constantly taking praise and credit singlehandedly for wins while blaming others for losses. I don't have proof but I clearly remember him in an interview saying if the defense had held thier own they would have won the game. I don't remember so much but I wanna say I thought I heard him commenting about the Music City Miracle game and saying if he was on the field they would have won. I may be wrong about that but I wanna say that happened. If I'm right and it happened it's the exact opposite of what we have always embraced as Buffalo fans. A fake player that takes all the credit and denies any wrong doing. If Fitz or Kelly blamed the defense for losing games we would hate them. It was not a lunch pal to work kid of attitude IMO.

It's my opinion. Like I said, I respect what he did to help the franchise at the time but I personally think he's a fake POS.

IMO I witnessed Flake Boy constantly taking praise and credit singlehandedly for wins while blaming others for losses. I don't have proof but I clearly remember him in an interview saying if the defense had held thier own they would have won the game. I don't remember so much but I wanna say I thought I heard him commenting about the Music City Miracle game and saying if he was on the field they would have won. I may be wrong about that but I wanna say that happened. If I'm right and it happened it's the exact opposite of what we have always embraced as Buffalo fans. A fake player that takes all the credit and denies any wrong doing. If Fitz or Kelly blamed the defense for losing games we would hate them. It was not a lunch pal to work kid of attitude IMO.

It's my opinion. Like I said, I respect what he did to help the franchise at the time but I personally think he's a fake POS.

You were pretty young when Jimbo learned the same lesson… not to blame his teammates publicly.

As for Flutie, I would say this:

If a person saves your life (or the franchise that you live and die for), no matter what you think of that person, you should be unequivocally grateful.

The good outweighs the bad by such a huge margin that to dwell on the bad is bad form.

But that's just my opinion.

really a cool feeling, getting a event ticket waiting for the day to attend, getting to facility , walking down the aisle, getting nearer and nearer to seats finding them , it just a cool feeling to once get that special place or seats ... for most of us it fortunate if it happens once in our lives... reality, just saving and getting tickets for events in the facility great in itself, let alone they be great...:)

so interesting to hear of others experiences of special times remembered

Edited by millbank

really a cool feeling, getting a event ticket waiting for the day to attend, getting to facility , walking down the aisle, getting nearer and nearer to seats finding them , it just a cool feeling to once get that special place or seats ... for most of us it fortunate if it happens once in our lives... reality, just saving and getting tickets for events in the facility great in itself, let alone they be great...:)

so interesting to hear of others experiences of special times remembered

They're not good seats but I'm thrilled to have end zone tickets to the Bills-Niners game on October 7th.

The best seats I've had were not that great on the grand scale… I had front row, mid-court seats to a Washington Bullets-Philadelphia 76ers game in around 85 or 86.

Playing in that game were Moses Malone, Julius Erving, Charles Barkley, Manute Bol, Maurice Cheeks, Andrew Toney, Bobby Jones, Jeff Ruland, and Gus Williams.

It's been awhile since I've had mega-epic seats for an event.

You were pretty young when Jimbo learned the same lesson… not to blame his teammates publicly.

As for Flutie, I would say this:

If a person saves your life (or the franchise that you live and die for), no matter what you think of that person, you should be unequivocally grateful.

The good outweighs the bad by such a huge margin that to dwell on the bad is bad form.

But that's just my opinion.

Your right. He did save the Franchise that I LOVE. I AM greatful for what he did. That still doesn't mean I like him. I still think personally he's a POS. That's about the end of my conversation on this subject. Sorry to highjack the OPs thread. Didn't mean to bring up this rediculous subject AGAIN.

In a brighter note, anyone that wants to laugh until your guys hurt, go and watch the movie Ted now. Just went and it was absolutely hilarious.

Gnight all

Your right. He did save the Franchise that I LOVE. I AM greatful for what he did. That still doesn't mean I like him. I still think personally he's a POS. That's about the end of my conversation on this subject. Sorry to highjack the OPs thread. Didn't mean to bring up this rediculous subject AGAIN.

In a brighter note, anyone that wants to laugh until your guys hurt, go and watch the movie Ted now. Just went and it was absolutely hilarious.

Gnight all

So you concede defeat and I can claim unconditional victory?

:)

gnight, M

Back in the late 70's my wife was doing charity work with Dean Torrence's mom in Florida. "Jan and Dean" of surfer music fame had a concert at The Sunrise Music Theatre and Deans mom sent a Limo up to WPB to pick us up. Front row seats. After the show; backstage to their rooms for party with family,press ect. Totally cool, talked late into the next morning about hot cars, the California scene, ect ect. Very friendly down to earth people for stars.

Did you ask them if there really was a "Little Old Lady from Pasadena?"