Competition breeds Success

McKelvin was awesome today in, getting his hands on alot of passes! Which means he was locating the ball and Making a Play on it Consistently! Very encouraging news, and during his interviews, he said that the competition with all the young guys was pushing him to elevate his game. I'm pumped about the upcoming season, and truely believe that all the competition in practice will pay off big time come game day!

Go Bills!!!

He also was burned by Roosevelt and dropped an interception right in his hands. Leodis has looked great in offseason practice before. The younger guys have nothing to do with it. Aaron Williams was actually not even up today he's been shut down for a week or two with a knee.

McKelvin was awesome today in, getting his hands on alot of passes! Which means he was locating the ball and Making a Play on it Consistently! Very encouraging news, and during his interviews, he said that the competition with all the young guys was pushing him to elevate his game. I'm pumped about the upcoming season, and truely believe that all the competition in practice will pay off big time come game day!

Go Bills!!!

You can understand his interviews? Please translate

Edited by Bob Goulet

My guess is mckelvin has his best season of his career and finally shows first round ability, then goes to an overpaying team in free agency...OR he performs at an average level, again, and goes to be a pro bowl caliber player on another team a la lil donte...either way, get ready to wish mr daaatrite a farewell....but hope for the former.

If he is one of the top five or six CBs he makes the team, if not his free agency period starts a year early.

Don't kid yourself, McKelvin is a lock to make the team

I agree about competition but it wouldn't be a coincidence if McKelvin just happened to hv a good year in his contract year...funny how often that works out

Edited by Max997

He also was burned by Roosevelt and dropped an interception right in his hands. Leodis has looked great in offseason practice before. The younger guys have nothing to do with it. Aaron Williams was actually not even up today he's been shut down for a week or two with a knee.

As I recall, he said something last year about how good he was in practice, but somehow it wouldn't translate to the games. We'll see...but the incentive is there.

They're letting him play inside now where he prefers.

Exactly! This will have more to do with his success than anything. He's now going to be on the inside which makes ball skills less important. Just stick to Welker like glue little Leo and everything will be OK!

More like young or thigpen suck at throwing the ball, I dont think he would get too many first tema reps more second team i would think

AFAIK, Leodis is the "starting" Nickel back. Meaning that he's on the "first team" when they line up in any defensive formation that matches up against a variety of spread formations (which we do a lot of). IIRC, most teams played a form of Nickel against us last year because of how rarely we lined up in "power" formations.

If he is one of the top five or six CBs he makes the team, if not his free agency period starts a year early.

I cannot imagine him not making the team but the competition will keep him far far away from the starting backfield.

He has shown potential before but when it gets to game situations he's always trying to figure out how to make the big touchdown producing interception and all that thinking causes him to let his receiver catch the ball.

We will probably see him on punt/kick returns and even with that there will be some team out there willing to give him an overpriced contract next year.

It is good to see McKelvin look good in practice, but he's done that before and it just hasn't translated to the field. That said, I think that if the front four can stay healthy that all of the DB's are going to have to cover receivers for much shorter time and give them that much more opportunity to make plays. Given enough time, any receiver can get open from any defensive back. It's truly a game of seconds.

They're letting him play inside now where he prefers.

He has said that he knows why he has struggled on the outside.

But i think he will do better to keep the plays in front of him instead of running with the wr. He is very fast and a very good athlete. Lets hope Wanny can put him in a position to succeed for us this year. Once he was demoted he was an animal in the return game.

Let's just restructure his contract, because my opinion is he wants to be a Bill. Kid has heart. and i hope he can play nickel dime packages for us. He busted. lets make the best of it and focus on what he can do for us