Parcells Loves Freddy!!

That was blatantly obvious when the genius Belichick came out in his gimmick 2-5 front. But Kelly was too egotistical and/or too stupid to run TT right from the start. There's a reason you take what the defense gives you and Kelly missed it. If he had run TT off the bat and forced the genius to adjust, both Kelly and TT would have had phenomenal games and we would have kept our anemic run defense off the field. And the genius may never have gotten his first HC gig in Cleveland. He got a lot of mileage out of that gimmick D.

GO BILLS!!!

TT should of had over 200 yds in SB 25. It wasnt all Kelly's fault, they should have saw that in the booth and told him to run the ball.

but Thurman should have been MVP anyway but im biased.

I've always believed that if Jackson hadn't been wasted for 4 or 5 years, he would be knocking on 10,000+ yards rushing over his career, and be talked about as a potential HOF'er...damn shame noone will ever know what Jackson truly could have accomplished with a full career...not only that, Jackson was an exceptional kick and punt returner as well...

Edited by matter2003

That was blatantly obvious when the genius Belichick came out in his gimmick 2-5 front. But Kelly was too egotistical and/or too stupid to run TT right from the start. There's a reason you take what the defense gives you and Kelly missed it. If he had run TT off the bat and forced the genius to adjust, both Kelly and TT would have had phenomenal games and we would have kept our anemic run defense off the field. And the genius may never have gotten his first HC gig in Cleveland. He got a lot of mileage out of that gimmick D.

GO BILLS!!!

The Giants' plan was simply to bleed the clock and slow down Buffalo's offense. Considering the overall time of possession and the fact that the Bills lost the game missing the field goal at expiration, can you really blame Kelly and the offense?

To me Buffalo lost this game on the defensive side. Walt Corey bragged about all the talent he had on defense and how he mostly just let them play without a lot of intricate schemes or adjustments. The result of that was a talented but undisiplined defense that could usually make just enough plays late in the game to pull most close ones out.

But the superbowl is not just a "usual" type of game. How Corey never got fired after that superbowl I'll never know. It was utterly embarrassing from a defensive standpoint.

The Giants' plan was simply to bleed the clock and slow down Buffalo's offense. Considering the overall time of possession and the fact that the Bills lost the game missing the field goal at expiration, can you really blame Kelly and the offense?

To me Buffalo lost this game on the defensive side. Walt Corey bragged about all the talent he had on defense and how he mostly just let them play without a lot of intricate schemes or adjustments. The result of that was a talented but undisiplined defense that could usually make just enough plays late in the game to pull most close ones out.

But the superbowl is not just a "usual" type of game. How Corey never got fired after that superbowl I'll never know. It was utterly embarrassing from a defensive standpoint.

No doubt we lost that game on the defensive side of the ball. There is no way to deny that. Hurry-up no huddle or not, when the other team possesses the ball for 40 minutes, your defense sucks. Plain and simple.

But Kelly should have put his ego aside and run TT until the genius was forced to adjust. We were a great running team and our OLine would have been salivating at the thought of firing off on Dlinemen in a two point stance. Just look at how well we ran the ball for the 20 minutes we actually had it. But Kelly tried to force the issue and as someone pointed out upthread, Marchibroda should have been in Kelly's ear about it, too.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm from Detroit and I watched Barry's first yard til last. And in my opinion he was the best that ever carried the rock. He couldve eclipsed everyone if he wanted to. he simply got his heart broke from a gal and booked to Europe. Done. BUT he had a very magical style of survival tag. He was the greatest tag player that ppl could not tag; no different from the school yard game. He never got the "booger touch" on the field as he would leap away and often times backwards. He would contort his body while running just to avoid opponents finger tips. he destroyed Charles Woodson's ACL with his "hips do lie" moves.Barry would run through the unplanted half of a defender or through the planted half right when the defender shifted back his leverage to recover. He toyed to lever rage shifts. I say all this because Freddy is not just an old-school-do-it-all back that Parcells admires. Fred is much much more and has the same magic as Barry but in a different way. Fred is a uni-cyclist balance extremely forward runner lol! a member here said like flowing water. He runs with incredible block shielding deception and then navigates through falling forward blockers.I've never seen nothing like it. he is constantly cycling forward squeezing through key holes. Now i know this seems like hokey writing and the analogies may not be spot on but how else do you describe a legend in the making? Special is special and if im failing in my description of Fred's uniqueness then I'm in good company bc Parcell's "tremendous" doesnt cut it.

Just to bring this full circle: Barry Sanders is the reason Thurman Thomas, and his hurt knee, decided to declare for the draft early...because he doubted he could Sanders on the bench at OK State. The knee is why Thomas was a 2nd rounder. :wallbash:

Ergo, Barry Sanders is why TT became a Bill. Ralph said "Life's a gamble" and took him.

A RB who can run, block and receive? The Bills could pick a RB in the next draft that has this triple-threat potential.

From Buffalobillsdraft.com:

Onterio McCalebb-Auburn

With Michael Dyer now gone the rushing game will fall almost exclusive on the shoulders of McCalebb. McCalebb is a speed back who will need to continue to be an effective option in the passing game in order to maintain his current value.

Orwin Smith-Georgia Tech

Orwin Smith is an interesting back because he plays in the Triple Option offense. He’s a nice combo back with good size and speed but he’s taken a lot of hits in that offense. Smith also has some pass catching ability and has been a favorite target of Tevin Washington.