Bills - Niners Ticket Update

Well - we just got our tickets!!

For those of you planning on getting tickets and trying to figure out where you want to be in the stadium, we're in Lower Box Corner, Section 15. We have a dozen people going, though 2 are Niners fans and 2 are very confused Bears fans. But the section is close to the field and on the Bills' side, corner end zone. We're in Row I.

If anyone wants to start coordinating for a massive Buffalo style tailgate, feel free to post here - it's never too early to start talking tailgate party!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well - we just got our tickets!!

For those of you planning on getting tickets and trying to figure out where you want to be in the stadium, we're in Lower Box Corner, Section 15. We have a dozen people going, though 2 are Niners fans and 2 are very confused Bears fans. But the section is close to the field and on the Bills' side, corner end zone. We're in Row I.

If anyone wants to start coordinating for a massive Buffalo style tailgate, feel free to post here - it's never too early to start talking tailgate party!! :)

Just bought 4 more tickets today for a grand total of 14.

We're sitting in Lower Reserved 19 in row 17, seats 6-15 and 22-25 so we'll be pretty close to you.

Obviously the Niners are a very solid team but our boys are gonna give em the fight of their lives.

The first step to victory is to take over the stadium.

http://www.seathound.com/venue/candlestick-park-58/football-seating-views/lower_reserved_19.html#section_map

• 2 months later...

Is it too early to start planning for the Bills/Niners tailgate? I was about to order some Sahlens hot dogs and have an email into Genessee about getting some Genny Cream Ale :w00t: (Labatt Blue is pretty easy to find, so we'll have some of that too)

If anyone is interested in either a) trying to caravan into the stadium to stake out a Bills section in the parking lot and/or b) ordering tailgate food/suppliers together, let me know!

Awesome, WSS!

For those interested in attending but possibly hesitant due to crowd behavior, I would say that Candlestick is probably no worse or no better than any NFL stadium.

One policy that was implemented after last year's preseason debacle between the Raiders and the Niners (which was stupidly scheduled as a night game) is that cops are assigned to the game (and off duty cops are encouraged to attend) and dress as fans of the visiting team.

Anyways, going to an opponents stadium while flying the colors is never for the faint of heart when it comes to NFL football.

But our group is gonna be loud and proud!

We'll be in lower reserve section 19, row 17, seats 6-15!

I have heard stories from my Uncle. He has lived in the area for 25+ years. I live in the Seattle area so I ask him if he was interested in doing the game. He said he didnt.

He used to regularly go to a niners game but in the last 5 years it seems to have gotten alot worse in the area and the way the fans are. I had said the environment makes the Raiders game look more appealing which isnt saying much.

The issue is with the stadium and where it is. He is fine going to a Giants game. He will likely go to aniners game when they move toward San Jose.

I have heard stories from my Uncle. He has lived in the area for 25+ years. I live in the Seattle area so I ask him if he was interested in doing the game. He said he didnt.

He used to regularly go to a niners game but in the last 5 years it seems to have gotten alot worse in the area and the way the fans are. I had said the environment makes the Raiders game look more appealing which isnt saying much.

The issue is with the stadium and where it is. He is fine going to a Giants game. He will likely go to aniners game when they move toward San Jose.

Much appreciate the forewarning, but not too concerned. I've been to Bills games games at Miami, Chicago, Denver and San Diego, and a Bears game in Oakland when things were rougher. Though each stadium is different, I've found two fundamental rules apply: expect to take some grief and shrug it off like a good fan, and don't act like a jerk and people won't usually be too belligerent. Plus, going in a big group with mixed fans is pretty helpful, which is what we're doing.

Anyway - if anyone wants to tailgate together, we have our 12 folks (LB15) and a few others that we watch Bills games with in Los Altos. If anyone lets me know in the next day or so, I'd be happy to get extra hot dogs, etc. for ya! Otherwise, at least we can still party together and it's byo.

Edited by calbear

Guest BrodanBillsfan

I'm going with a buddy who is a 49ers fan - sitting in lower stands section 29. We'd be up for joining a tailgate, are people caravaning in from somewhere?

I'm going with my son...We're also sitting in Section 29 row 20. Our 9er fan friends are sitting on the other side. I figured we'd be safe on the visiters side. Go Bills!!!

What's the word Bills fans? Where is everyone planning to tailgate this Sunday? Is there a large group forming?

That's what I want to know. My dad & I are going and I've never done any tailgating. I went the the Chargers-Bills game last year but didn't really do any tailgating. We'll be in section UR 09.