The Official Euro 2012 thread

Full schedule here (suitable for framing)

Group A is kind of a dud. Poland, Greece, Russia, Czech Rep. These are the teams playing today. Russia is the favorite here.

Group B is the one everybody is calling the “Group of Death.” It has Germany, Netherlands and Portugal, all capable of winning the tournament but only two teams make it out of each group to the next stage. Denmark is actually pretty good too, but they got like zero chance in this group.

Group C has Spain, Italy, Ireland and Croatia. I’ll be pretty surprised if it’s not Spain and Italy advancing.

Group D . I’ll be rooting for England to do well. France is supposed to be really good again after embarrassing themselves horribly in the World Cup. Ukraine and Sweden are in there too.

My personal favorite: The Netherlands :thumbsup:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full schedule here (suitable for framing)

Group A is kind of a dud. Poland, Greece, Russia, Czech Rep. These are the teams playing today. Russia is the favorite here.

Group B is the one everybody is calling the “Group of Death.” It has Germany, Netherlands and Portugal, all capable of winning the tournament but only two teams make it out of each group to the next stage. Denmark is actually pretty good too, but they got like zero chance in this group.

Group C has Spain, Italy, Ireland and Croatia. I’ll be pretty surprised if it’s not Spain and Italy advancing.

Group D . I’ll be rooting for England to do well. France is supposed to be really good again after embarrassing themselves horribly in the World Cup. Ukraine and Sweden are in there too.

My personal favorite: The Netherlands :thumbsup:

Orange!

Been an England fan my whole life, so I'll be donning my new Rooney shirt come Monday :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I have a solid 5-hour commitment starting at 11:30, so I won't be able to watch. :doh:

Orange!

Been an England fan my whole life, so I'll be donning my new Rooney shirt come Monday :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I have a solid 5-hour commitment starting at 11:30, so I won't be able to watch. :doh:

Too bad he's suspended for two games :P

And yeah !@#$ everyone, FORZA ITALIA.

Italy vs Spain on Sunday at noon.

Top level match right out of the gate.

Hell yeah, that's going to be a solid match...I'm looking forward to getting a look at Meazza's boys to see what Germans have in store for them later on :D

It's really cool seeing A.Lalas and M.Ballack sitting next to each other at the table during the halftime show...two of the most passionate players for their respective sides from years past.

I'm stoked!!

Italy vs Spain on Sunday at noon.

Top level match right out of the gate.

Depends.

The combination of Cassano/Balotelli/Pirlo could surprise the continent but the bench is very thin. The defense scares me too. Barzaglia injured means it will be De Rossi having to play more defensive support making it difficult to control the midfield.

Combine that with Spain whose midfield is world class, could be scary.

Oh well, I have faith.

Wow! That 4th Russian score was beautiful. The guy playing at the right forward spot couldn't score to save his life...whoever put that 4th one in the next is a dangerous mofo!

All you guys agree that the Euro is better than the World Cup right? At least in terms of competition?

Did any of you fill out brackets?

My buddies and I do a point system that increases each stage (with bonuses for picking the correct score).

I've got Greece and Poland coming out of Group A

B: Germany and Netherlands

C: Spain and Croatia

D: France and Ukraine

with Germany winning it all.

My bracket is a combo of what I want to happen and what I think will happen - if it were all about the $ I'd def pick differently, but it's only a $20 buy-in.

Who do you guys think will win it all? Any upsets or sleeper teams you wanna call?

I've only recently been reading/posting in Off the Wall, and I'm happy to find out there's some soccer fans around. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

All you guys agree that the Euro is better than the World Cup right? At least in terms of competition?

Did any of you fill out brackets?

My buddies and I do a point system that increases each stage (with bonuses for picking the correct score).

I've got Greece and Poland coming out of Group A

B: Germany and Netherlands

C: Spain and Croatia

D: France and Ukraine

with Germany winning it all.

My bracket is a combo of what I want to happen and what I think will happen - if it were all about the $ I'd def pick differently, but it's only a $20 buy-in.

Who do you guys think will win it all? Any upsets or sleeper teams you wanna call?

I've only recently been reading/posting in Off the Wall, and I'm happy to find out there's some soccer fans around. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Spain and Croatia:wallbash:

Flapster in da house!!! :D

HOLLA! :lol:

Spain and Croatia:wallbash:

Croatia is the 8th ranked team in the world! Plus, even if you go with the conventional wisdom and consider Italy better anyway, the tournament never goes with the chalk. Gotta go against the grain in a few places!

I can't believe the Netherlands haven't scored yet! Jeez, how many chances do you need?

If you want to see pretty boy Ken doll Christiano Ronaldo get an ass-whoopin, give me a HEYAL YEAH!!!

Ha! I don't hate him like many do, but I'm def rooting for Germany to stomp them, so, HEYAL YEAH!!!

I'm actually a fan of his, as well, but only when he's not playing Germany :D I really enjoy watching his game...he's got some skills for sure. Today will not be a good day for him, though.

Dang, my boy Van Der Faart is gettin warmed up!