The Official Euro 2012 thread

first half of germany vs portugal is a great example of entertaining futbal where there were no goals scored. Some early drama and tension, and you can tell that these two teams are here to win. I am PISSED that my boys are staring Gomez over Air Klose...I don't get that at all. I know Klose has some wear on the tires, but he's an ANIMAL in these matches!! Germany has been holding back a bit, I think, although the Portugese are playing solid D. I love watching that girly man Ronaldo...he's dangerous as hell.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the most physical, entertaining matches I've seen in a while. I have to say, I'm very impressed with Portugal. They seem much less like a collection of individuals and more like a team this year. They had a lot of REALLY nice opportunities but just couldn't get it done. You had guys taking shots to the nuts, getting knocked off their arses during set pieces, clutch saves, etc...really good match.

Congrats to the Germans!

One of the most physical, entertaining matches I've seen in a while. I have to say, I'm very impressed with Portugal. They seem much less like a collection of individuals and more like a team this year. They had a lot of REALLY nice opportunities but just couldn't get it done. You had guys taking shots to the nuts, getting knocked off their arses during set pieces, clutch saves, etc...really good match.

Congrats to the Germans!

By far the best team on paper in this tournament.

Big game in one hour. So !@#$ing scared.

By far the best team on paper in this tournament.

Big game in one hour. So !@#$ing scared.

I tried to curtail my all-nighter so I was up and ready to go for this one...can't wait!!!

WTF...this is the weirdest team I've ever seen LOL...What the HELL was Balotelli waiting for?? SHOOT THE BALL!!! :doh:

WTF...this is the weirdest team I've ever seen LOL...What the HELL was Balotelli waiting for?? SHOOT THE BALL!!! :doh:

Buffon, best keeper ever.

Lot's of respect for Di Natale. Sad that Cassano can't play a full 90 min.

Forza Azzurri. !@#$ Spain.

Buffon, best keeper ever.

Lot's of respect for Di Natale. Sad that Cassano can't play a full 90 min.

Forza Azzurri. !@#$ Spain.

2nd half was awesome! Not sure what all that wacko business was in the first.

Why the heck start the mohawk over the most prolific scorer on the team? I don't get that. He gets the nod and puts it in the net within the first few mins he's on the pitch.

2nd half was awesome! Not sure what all that wacko business was in the first.

Why the heck start the mohawk over the most prolific scorer on the team? I don't get that. He gets the nod and puts it in the net within the first few mins he's on the pitch.

Di Natale has been one of the most prolific scorers in Italy since 2000 yet he's never included in the team because he never played for a big club or ever played for a big tournament.

Balotelli is much more talented than Di Natale and you see it. He can be a handful for the defense. It's his character that got him relegated to the bench in Man City. Plus maybe Prandelli didn't want to be called a racist :lol:

Much respect to my man De Rossi. He's not a defender yet he put him there due to the Barzagli injury. Man I miss the days of Cannavaro and Nesta.

Edited by meazza

Di Natale has been one of the most prolific scorers in Italy since 2000 yet he's never included in the team because he never played for a big club or ever played for a big tournament.

Balotelli is much more talented than Di Natale and you see it. He can be a handful for the defense. It's his character that got him relegated to the bench in Man City. Plus maybe Prandelli didn't want to be called a racist :lol:

Much respect to my man De Rossi. He's not a defender yet he put him there due to the Barzagli injury. Man I miss the days of Cannavaro and Nesta.

So what the hell was up with Balotelli and his deer in the headlights run on goal? He had about the best look you're ever going to get against spain and he just farted around until the defender took him down from behind

So what the hell was up with Balotelli and his deer in the headlights run on goal? He had about the best look you're ever going to get against spain and he just farted around until the defender took him down from behind

I don't know. Maybe it was a brainfart? Like I said, he is talented, just not right in the head.

I don't know. Maybe it was a brainfart? Like I said, he is talented, just not right in the head.

lol, I think half your team isn't right in the head after watching that! :lol:

lol, I think half your team isn't right in the head after watching that! :lol:

They played well but there are a lot of question marks. I'm relieved after getting past this game without a loss. Pirlo is pure class. Seems to be getting better with age.

They played well but there are a lot of question marks. I'm relieved after getting past this game without a loss. Pirlo is pure class. Seems to be getting better with age.

Yeah it was cool to see some familiar faces...especially Pirlo and (that sumbitch) De Rossi.

How do they match up v. Croatia?