The Official Euro 2012 thread

Yes, I agree...you guys have our number, for sure. You pretty much dominated us. I'm starting to get a little frustrated with Yogi. I think he needs to take his ego down a notch or three.

I really do hope you guys win it all...I respect Spain, but they are boring as all hell to watch. At least Italy has some character/s. On top of that, Pirlo has become one of my favorite players. I have a ton of respect for that guy. He clearly loves the game, he's a great teammate, he's clutch, and I dont' recall ever seeing him take a dive (which I think disrespects the game). I also have a lot of admiration for Buffon. He's another class act.

I thought it was a pretty clean game from all aspects. I was happy to see fouls called without the ref feeling like he needed to card everything. I couldn't believe Italy took the lead as Germany had been dominating up until that point. Then when the second goal went in I knew it was a wrap as Germany had a hard time taking advantage of any of there numerous opportunities.

Feeling pretty good about Italy right now. They should have beaten Spain in the qualifier on top of the pressure Spain has to pull off the 3 championships feat. Can't Wait!!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a pretty clean game from all aspects. I was happy to see fouls called without the ref feeling like he needed to card everything. I couldn't believe Italy took the lead as Germany had been dominating up until that point. Then when the second goal went in I knew it was a wrap as Germany had a hard time taking advantage of any of there numerous opportunities.

Feeling pretty good about Italy right now. They should have beaten Spain in the qualifier on top of the pressure Spain has to pull off the 3 championships feat. Can't Wait!!

I've been watching the national team since 1994 (1990 well but I was too young to appreciate it) and I don't think I've ever seen such a possession/attacking oriented Italian side. 94-2010, the teams were catenaccio + counter attack and it has been great to watch. Never seen such a solid midfield wearing the blue shirt.

Pirlo/De Rossi have been fantastic and Montolivo has been much better than anyone anticipated.

Like my best friend said yesterday, we got this far, have to win it now.

Wow, I didn't see this coming. I don't mind watching Spain when they play this way. For those who don't understand the game well, that first goal by Silva had a difficulty level that was off the charts. One of the most impressive goals of the tourney for sure, maybe even the best.

This is more along the lines of how I saw Germany playing the Azzurri...very surprising so far.

Wow, I didn't see this coming. I don't mind watching Spain when they play this way. For those who don't understand the game well, that first goal by Silva had a difficulty level that was off the charts. One of the most impressive goals of the tourney for sure, maybe even the best.

This is more along the lines of how I saw Germany playing the Azzurri...very surprising so far.

!@#$ !@#$ !@#$

Wow this !@#$ing hurts.

!@#$ !@#$ !@#$

Wow this !@#$ing hurts.

Sorry man, I really did want to see you guys win...Spain has won enough...I'm getting sick of seeing them now.

They made it look easy.

Wow.

Dead inside.

I think it was just a game too far for the Italians. That and the fact that they were playing probably one of the greatest ever international sides at the top of their game. Still, just making the final is a considerable achievement for Italy considering how dismal they were at the last World Cup.

I think it was just a game too far for the Italians. That and the fact that they were playing probably one of the greatest ever international sides at the top of their game. Still, just making the final is a considerable achievement for Italy considering how dismal they were at the last World Cup.

Considerating the fatigue, the schedule and how they weren't even considered to be a factor in this tournament, I'm very proud of prandelli and his players. Spain is one of the best teams ever and no one can take that away from them.

Considerating the fatigue, the schedule and how they weren't even considered to be a factor in this tournament, I'm very proud of prandelli and his players. Spain is one of the best teams ever and no one can take that away from them.

True indeed. No shame in coming up short against this Spanish team. Congrats on the second place finish :beer:

True indeed. No shame in coming up short against this Spanish team. Congrats on the second place finish :beer:

Thanks.

I got pretty drunk during the game and it hit me pretty hard. I realized how good this Spanish team really was. It bothers me to see them as the gold standard in soccer since I think the Italians could do better. Thank God I got to see one world cup championship and I seriously hope the club teams start playing their Italians instead of opting for foreigners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmpwr5K-lyY

Respect to Casillas.

Edited by meazza