Sirius radio....Winning.....

I let me subscription lapse probably over a year ago, howard stern was going through contract negotiations and if he wasn't renewing, i wasn't going to...so in the past couple weeks i have gotten emails saying they want me back and offering me $25 for 6 months then auto renew at the regular rate unless i cancel...so i call this morning to take advantage, but i called as i was sitting on the pot and as i was on hold i started to think that i should check my receiver to make sure it still works, as the offer is only good for that one....hook everything up and voila sirius is fully working....wonder how long that's been going on...i know for a fact that it wasn't on as my subscription ended.....oh well, guess i'll enjoy the ride as long as it lasts...maybe i'll send Howard Stern a note letting him know that his employer is giving out free subscriptions.... :devil:

I let me subscription lapse probably over a year ago, howard stern was going through contract negotiations and if he wasn't renewing, i wasn't going to...so in the past couple weeks i have gotten emails saying they want me back and offering me $25 for 6 months then auto renew at the regular rate unless i cancel...so i call this morning to take advantage, but i called as i was sitting on the pot and as i was on hold i started to think that i should check my receiver to make sure it still works, as the offer is only good for that one....hook everything up and voila sirius is fully working....wonder how long that's been going on...i know for a fact that it wasn't on as my subscription ended.....oh well, guess i'll enjoy the ride as long as it lasts...maybe i'll send Howard Stern a note letting him know that his employer is giving out free subscriptions.... :devil:

I hate to talk about this trick, because it is not right. If you cancel or change radios take the radio you are not going to use, leave it off for at least 5 to 6 months and it will not be caught in the signal to cancel service. However, from time to time they update the signals and you cannot just leave it plugged in all the time.

Also, I record Stern every morning but usually I just D/L the show to my cell, and other then music I seldom listen to my 3 stiletto 100's.

mine has been off for over a year, and last time it was on...there was no subscription..it had lapsed...not sure why its on now...we'll see what happens...

i also d/l stern every evening and listen the next day....but i do love sunday's tales from the golden road on the dead channel...its one of my favorite radio programs

I hate to talk about this trick, because it is not right. If you cancel or change radios take the radio you are not going to use, leave it off for at least 5 to 6 months and it will not be caught in the signal to cancel service. However, from time to time they update the signals and you cannot just leave it plugged in all the time.

Also, I record Stern every morning but usually I just D/L the show to my cell, and other then music I seldom listen to my 3 stiletto 100's.

Similar story- took my radio out of my boat, put it in the closet. Bought a new boat 2 years later-installed and worked for a few months! Sirius is so rude when ever I call and have a problem, there customer service is god awful, but I do like their product.

I have 2old sirius car radios ... still in good shape. If anyone wants them, let me know. I'll be glad to mail them just to see them put to use.

Dan

What models? My Sportster 4 is having "issues", but the docking stations I have for it are fine, so I'd like to just replace the radio, not everything. Some of the models can use the same dock, even if they're not a Sportster.

What models? My Sportster 4 is having "issues", but the docking stations I have for it are fine, so I'd like to just replace the radio, not everything. Some of the models can use the same dock, even if they're not a Sportster.

I have:

Model: Sirius S50-Tk1R - Like New Condition, hardly used (really)

• Remote Control
  • Ear Buds
  • Car Kit (with Vehicle Cradle, Cigarette Lighter Adapter, Antenna, FM Antenna)
  • AC Adapter (Model AU505D)
  • SMB to USB Cable (for connection to PC or AC Adapter)
  • Original Software and booklet

(this one was mine. I hardly ever used it... just on occasion on the road to listen to Bills games. Got an ipod about 2 rs ago and couldn't see keeping the service just to listen to bad Bills football.)

Model: Sirius SL100 - (Excellent Condition, only minor scuffs)

• With Standard Battery (SLEB1) and Slim battery (SLSB1)
  • Remote Control
  • Ear Buds
  • Car Kit (with Vehicle Cradle, Cigarette Lighter Adapter, Antenna, FM Antenna)
  • (Vehice Mounts used)
  • USB Cable (for connection to PC)
  • Stiletto 100 Antenna Headphones
  • Stiletto 100 Armband and Case

(this one was the wifes, she used it quite a bit but then a year and a half ago got a new car that came with satellite radio pre-installed and hasn't used it since)

At one point in time, I had thoughts of selling them on ebay, but never signed up for an account and all. So, they've been boxed up and sitting on my floor for a year or more. Now, I'll just be glad to know a fellow Bills fan is getting some use out of them.

1338161281[/url]' post='2475696']

Ahhh.. thanks. Neither are what I'm looking for. But I think jboy may be interested in the SL100, I think it was him that mentioned having a few as spares in case one dies.

No worries, Sorry I didn't have what you needed.

But, the SL100 just got spoken for. If anyone wants the S50 ...just pm me.

1338173132[/url]' post='2475762']

That is just the smaller memory version of the SL100?

I don't think so. As I recall the S50 was detachable and could be used like a portable mp3 player. But, not sure about the memory. The SL100 is bigger, but not sure if its got more memory. I recall buying it for the wife, because it had the gps antennae headphones, so she could use it while she jogged (which she only did about twice). That's about all I remember about the the units.

edit: yep... just googled them... the S50 has 1gb of memory. the SL100 has 2gb.

edit: now both units are taken.

Edited by Dan

for anyone that's interested, Howard Sterns channel is doing the music of the howard stern show starting at 2:00. He's had some great performances...i am hoping that someone is able to digitize this and offer it for d/l...