Upon further review

Mikie2times

I hate the way some opposing fans are using the Bills schedule to downplay their run. You could almost take half the playoff teams and do the same thing with their schedule. They’re a lot of weak teams this year and a lot of dominant teams, as a result the big boys have knocked of the little guys almost every time.

What you have left is the little guys fighting for the scraps amongst each other, and many of the playoff teams or teams in contention simply beating up the little guys. Just take a look at some of these teams and their schedules

Colts

If you want to call wins over Green Bay, Minnesota, Jacksonville, and Baltimore quality wins then I would also think the Bills wins over Jets, Seattle, Rams, and Cincinnati meet that criteria. The only game the Colts have over the Bills is the Charger win and that took place in the closing seconds.

Chargers

The Chargers good wins have come against powerhouses like Jacksonville, Carolina (during losing streak), Kansas City, and Denver. Again the Bills quality wins more then match up against the Chargers.

Jets

Don’t need to elaborate on this one.

Denver

The Denver quality wins include Kansas City, Panthers (during losing streak), and San Diego. Again a our wins look good against those teams.

Bottom line is the only teams that can make a claim to having more quality wins then Buffalo is Pittsburgh and New England. So the next time opposing fans give you that BS line that we haven't beaten anybody simply ask them to share all their teams stellar victories. A :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: might also be warranted.

I hate the way some opposing fans are using the Bills schedule to downplay their run. You could almost take half the playoff teams and do the same thing with their schedule. They’re a lot of weak teams this year and a lot of dominant teams, as a result the big boys have knocked of the little guys almost every time.

What you have left is the little guys fighting for the scraps amongst each other, and many of the playoff teams or teams in contention simply beating up the little guys.  Just take a look at some of these teams and their schedules

Colts

If you want to call wins over Green Bay, Minnesota, Jacksonville, and Baltimore quality wins then I would also think the Bills wins over Jets, Seattle, Rams, and Cincinnati meet that criteria. The only game the Colts have over the Bills is the Charger win and that took place in the closing seconds.

Chargers

The Chargers good wins have come against powerhouses like Jacksonville, Carolina (during losing streak), Kansas City, and Denver. Again the Bills quality wins more then match up against the Chargers.

Jets

Don’t need to elaborate on this one.

Denver

The Chargers quality wins include Kansas City, Panthers (during losing streak), and San Diego. Again a our wins look good against those teams.

Bottom line is the only teams that can make a claim to having more quality wins then Buffalo is Pittsburgh and New England. So the next time opposing fans give you that BS line that we haven't beaten anybody simply ask them to share all their teams stellar victories. A  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  might also be warranted.

185617[/snapback]

The one person who most needs to see that is no longer with us. :D

The problem with schedule comparisons this year is that the results have been so have and have not this year with more than the usal 2 or fewer teams only experiencing one or two losses that it is hard to find a win against a quality team because the Steelers, Patriots, Eagles and slightly lesser extent Indy have loss so few times. The search for quaity wins by playoff teams becomes even harder as the few losses these teams have suffered have come against each other or wild upsets like the Fins win or even the Iggles falling to a Rams team with a losing record.

Instead most of the rest of the league and especially the NFC drag each other down as an 8-8 record looks likely to qualify for the playoffs.

The real importance of great producing teams like the Pats being beaten by the Fins is that it can clearly be the case on any given Sunday that anybody can beat anybody. The key is for the Bills to make the playoffs and since if they do they will be on a 7 game winning role and likely 7 games in a row they have absolutely torched their opponents they will actually have more than a punchers chance of making the SB.

Its fun to dream and look ahead though I'm glad to see the team is not doing this, but we will need at least one game like the refs employed the tuck rule to rescue the Pats SB run, but I like our chances if we get in. Particularly when after the NE game I was pretty sure we weren't even gonna get in.

Look at the Steelers schedule. It doesn't impress me one bit. Their two big wins were against New England and Philadelphia and those were both at home. That may be the easiest road schedule in NFL history. Their first big road test of the season comes this Sunday.

2005 Pittsburgh Steelers (Teams with LOSING records in CAPS)

Home

OAKLAND 24-21

CINCINNATI 28-17

CLEVELAND 34-23

New England 34-20

Philadelphia 27-3

WASHINGTON 16-7

New York Jets 17-6

Baltimore 20-7

Road

Baltimore 13-30

MIAMI 13-3

DALLAS 24-20

CLEVELAND 24-10

CINCINNATI 19-14

Jacksonville 17-16

NEW YORK GIANTS 33-30

Self Imposed Exile I think... He couldn't shake the anti Drew disease. :P

186023[/snapback]

Oh, ICE has got it made. Here are possible scenarios for his comeback this weekend.

1. Bills win 47-10. ICE: "Bills wouldn't have won with Drew as QB against a REAL team that plays its REAL defense in a REAL meaningful game."

2. Bills win 20-19. ICE: "If Drew were a REAL QB he would have beaten the Stillers scrubs 47-10. Drew still can't win decisively against a REAL team, even at home. We are not going anywhere with Drew as QB."

3. Bills lose. ICE: "See? We're not going anywhere with Drew as QB. He can't beat a REAL defense."

:ph34r: