How do I bet the Steelers Game ??

Surfmeister

In a football freak of nature the Bills have to give the Steelers 9 points. So I don't know how to bet this one. SURE the Bills will win.

But will they beat the second string Steelers by 10 points ??

For bet-bet-bettors like me :doh: this is a tricky part of the regular season.

In a football freak of nature the Bills have to give the Steelers 9 points.  So I don't know how to bet this one.  SURE the Bills will win. 

But will they beat the second string Steelers by 10 points ??

For bet-bet-bettors like me  :doh:  this is a tricky part of the regular season.

185019[/snapback]

It's a lot like the preseason. A total crapshoot. But the 12th man is gonna turn this into a rout. Bills 51 Steelers 3 :)

Go with the reverse betting theory....take the Steelers and the points.

If the Bills cover, you won't care so much about the bet because the Bills will have kicked ass. If the Bills lose, you will have some very minor comfort of winning the bet.

And of course if the Bills win and don't cover, you will be like a pig in stevestojan.

Go with the reverse betting theory....take the Steelers and the points.

If the Bills cover, you won't care so much about the bet because the Bills will have kicked ass.  If the Bills lose, you will have some very minor comfort of winning the bet.

And of course if the Bills win and don't cover, you will be like a pig in stevestojan.

185120[/snapback]

Mahalo Nui Loa !

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

This game is simple... bet the Steelers; it'll be a close game, because their defense will still be there, playing like gangbusters. We win, but NOT by 10.. I don't see it.

This game is simple... bet the Steelers; it'll be a close game, because their defense will still be there, playing like gangbusters. We win, but NOT by 10.. I don't see it.

185135[/snapback]

I hate to disagree. I think it will be lower scoring than it has been, but do you KNOW what our defense is gonna do to this team on Sunday? Did you see them against the lowly 49ers? They were more pumped than I have EVER Seen a Bills defense.... EVER.

Now, add to that home field, and playing for your playoff life (agian, yes, but for the possible last time), man, I don't see Pittsburgh scoring more than 10. Bills 21+, Steelers 9.

185135[/snapback]

The problem with this theory is it forgets the Bills D and special teams. There have been many of these games in which the offense hasn't done much, but the Bills still put up 30+ because of the turnovers the D causes and the field position their special teams give them. Maddox hasn't play significantly since week 2, I can see the guy throwing 3INTs in this game…also Staley will likely be a little rusty too. Rusty players make mistakes.

If I were a betting man I'd take the Bills minus the points.

The problem with this theory is it forgets the Bills D and special teams.  There have been many of these games in which the offense hasn't done much, but the Bills still put up 30+ because of the turnovers the D causes and the field position their special teams give them.  Maddox hasn't play significantly since week 2, I can see the guy throwing 3INTs in this game…also Staley will likely be a little rusty too.  Rusty players make mistakes.

If I were a betting man I'd take the Bills minus the points.

The ST's will be a huge factor. The Steelers almost lost to the lowly Giants thanks to Willie Ponder racking up 250+ yards in returns. And the Bills WILL be playing their starting #3 ranked defense all game, unlike the Steelers who are sure to pull starters after they see MW, Shelton, Peters, and McGahee coming at them.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

To underestimate the Steelers D is to play a dangerous game of denial..

All I am saying is that our offense won't score many points... this game WILL be a victory for us, but not in the way you might think. The last time we played a defense of this caliber at home, it was New England. The Steelers' offense won't be starting mostly, and our offense has improved, so you can take a 14 point loss and turn it and make it a 7 point win. I AM betting the Steelers +9 or more..3. the line is too good to resist... if it goes up, BONUS! A win AND CA$H :D