Russell Wilson already threatening.

The talking heads can kiss my you-know-what. I do project it. I was pissed as hell when we passed on him in the third round and traded up for stick boy. I took a lot of heat for my comments in the "Shout Box" that day (go figure) and I'll take more heat from this post. Knock yourselves out.

I just wonder how many of you will admit you're wrong when he proves YOU wrong. Not that I'm holding my breath.

BA

Stick boy? Really? So because the Bills didn't select the player you preferred, you have to cut down the one they did?

What's the time-frame on Russell Wilson's rise to greatness? When will he officially have proved the pundits wrong? What does he have to accomplish in his career before you come back and say, "I told you so?" What's the benchmark?

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick boy? Really? So because the Bills didn't select the player you preferred, you have to cut down the one they did?

What's the time-frame on Russell Wilson's rise to greatness? When will he officially have proved the pundits wrong? What does he have to accomplish in his career before you come back and say, "I told you so?" What's the benchmark?

GO BILLS!!!

Just another fan who would rather be "right" than see the Bills win...

He's listed as 6'0, 180. MAYBE with heels and weights strapped to his ankles. That's a "stick" in the NFL.

It's much more about who they chose while better options (imo) were on the board. And the fact that Jacksonville was "going to draft him..." That hardly makes him a viable pick. It's friggin' Jacksonville. Tiny WRs in this league traditionally snap like sticks. Didn't we have a WR like that who spent most of his years injured?

Reading comprehension skills FTW. Too bad you missed the point. We were talking about a "franchise QB" -- NOTHING about "greatness." Here's the benchmark: Three years and he'll be a starter in this league. And his team will consider him a "franchise QB." Anything over that and I'll be happy to post that was wrong. Anything under that and you do the same. Deal?

Just another fan who would rather be "right" than see the Bills win...

Just another fan who proved me "right" about the flames. Not surprised -- You rarely bring anything to the table, anyway.

No one in the NFL projects Russell Wilson as a franchise QB, not just the talking heads. If anyone thought he'd be a franchise QB, he'd have been taken in the top half of round 1.

I am NOT saying he's the "next Brady" -- not by a long shot. But no one in the NFL projected that sixth-rounder to be a franchise QB, either.

It CAN happen.

BA

Edited by Bud Adams

He's listed as 6'0, 180. MAYBE with heels and weights strapped to his ankles. That's a "stick" in the NFL.

It's much more about who they chose while better options (imo) were on the board. And the fact that Jacksonville was "going to draft him..." That hardly makes him a viable pick. It's friggin' Jacksonville. Tiny WRs in this league traditionally snap like sticks. Didn't we have a WR like that who spent most of his years injured?

Reading comprehension skills FTW. Too bad you missed the point. We were talking about a "franchise QB" -- NOTHING about "greatness." Here's the benchmark: Three years and he'll be a starter in this league. And his team will consider him a "franchise QB." Anything over that and I'll be happy to post that was wrong. Anything under that and you do the same. Deal?

BA

Just another fan who proved me "right" about the flames. Not surprised -- You rarely bring anything to the table, anyway.

That's disingenuous at best. Nice try.

It's always a nice tactic to attack reading comprehension. Perhaps you'd like to re-read my posts for any grammatical and spelling errors as well?

I may rarely bring anything to the table. But at least I have a seat. Let us know when you're ready to leave the kiddie table and join us grownups.

GO BILLS!!!

That's disingenuous at best. Nice try.

It's always a nice tactic to attack reading comprehension. Perhaps you'd like to re-read my posts for any grammatical and spelling errors as well?

I may rarely bring anything to the table. But at least I have a seat. Let us know when you're ready to leave the kiddie table and join us grownups.

GO BILLS!!!

Seriously? You distorted the context of my point to try to make yours and you compare that to grammatical and spelling errors?

And the "rarely brings anything to the table" quote was not aimed at you. The original author's quote is right above it.

Congrats on the lame put-down at the end, though.

BA

...Just another fan who proved me "right" about the flames. Not surprised -- You rarely bring anything to the table, anyway. ...

You think my post was flaming you? That wasn't my intention at all. I would seriously like to know what Russell Wilson has to accomplish before you can say you were right about you 'projection.' Is it just making the team? Does he have to be the starter? What?

If you think that was a flame, you better get some thicker skin.

GO BILLS!!!

Seriously? You distorted the context of my point to try to make yours and you compare that to grammatical and spelling errors?

And the "rarely brings anything to the table" quote was not aimed at you. The original author's quote is right above it.

Congrats on the lame put-down at the end, though.

BA

I distorted the context of your point now? How, exactly?

GO BILLS!!!

Seriously, no. You attacked my reading comprehension and so I invited you to check for my grammatical and spelling errors as well. Ironic, isn't it?

GO BILLS!!!

You think my post was flaming you? That wasn't my intention at all.

K-9 -- Whoa. Please chill for a second. My reply was to three separate posters in one thread. I may be a new poster, but I've been following this board for as long as I can remember. To be straight -- You DO bring a lot to the table; I've read your past posts. Yours was NOT the flame. Let's calm down on this, okay? If the other poster wants to take it up with me -- fine. It wasn't meant for you.

I would seriously like to know what Russell Wilson has to accomplish before you can say you were right about you 'projection.' Is it just making the team? Does he have to be the starter? What?

Starter, for sure. And with the solid backing of his coach. No QB controversy. He'll be that team's starter and there will be no doubt about it. (Like Andy Dalton -- See below).

I distorted the context of your point now? How, exactly?

In my original post, I predicted Wilson will be a "franchise QB." I never said he'd be awesome. I never said he'd be elite. I never predicted "greatness," as you stated. A "franchise QB" does not have to be any of those. Ask Marvin Lewis. Andy Dalton is their franchise QB. He's a very good QB so far, and he's better than what we've got. BUT, I don't believe he will ever be great or elite. Still, he will be their starting QB for years to come. "Franchise QB" is in the eyes of the head coach. Looking at what Seattle has at the position (I predict "Flynn" will be Rob Johnson II, BTW), I believe Wilson has a very good chance of being THEIR franchise QB. Can't stand Pete Carroll, but he does know how to coach. Given our QB situation, I saw Wilson as the ONLY QB from this draft class (other than picks 1 and 2) who could benefit the Bills.

BA

Edited by Bud Adams

I am NOT saying he's the "next Brady" -- not by a long shot. But no one in the NFL projected that sixth-rounder to be a franchise QB, either.

It CAN happen.

BA

So too summarize it's better to be a shrimp than a stick!

K-9 -- Whoa. Please chill for a second. My reply was to three separate posters in one thread. I may be a new poster, but I've been following this board for as long as I can remember. To be straight -- You DO bring a lot to the table; I've read your past posts. Yours was NOT the flame. Let's calm down on this, okay? If the other poster wants to take it up with me -- fine. It wasn't meant for you.

Thanks for the clarification. No problems on my end. Consider me chilled. I just took umbrage with the idea of putting down Graham. I don't see the reason for it and I lost my patience a bit. Guess I picked bad day to quit huffing.

Starter, for sure. And with the solid backing of his coach. No QB controversy. He'll be that team's starter and there will be no doubt about it. (Like Andy Dalton -- See below).

Fair enough. For what it's worth, I like the kid a lot. And I wish him nothing but the best.

In my original post, I predicted Wilson will be a "franchise QB." I never said he'd be awesome. I never said he'd be elite. I never predicted "greatness," as you stated. A "franchise QB" does not have to be any of those. Ask Marvin Lewis. Andy Dalton is their franchise QB. He's a very good QB so far, and he's better than what we've got. BUT, I don't believe he will ever be great or elite. Still, he will be their starting QB for years to come. "Franchise QB" is in the eyes of the head coach. Looking at what Seattle has at the position (I predict "Flynn" will be Rob Johnson II, BTW), I believe Wilson has a very good chance of being THEIR franchise QB. Can't stand Pete Carroll, but he does know how to coach. Given our QB situation, I saw Wilson as the ONLY QB from this draft class (other than picks 1 and 2) who could benefit the Bills.

BA

I still think that's mincing words, but again, I appreciate the clarification. Peace.

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks for the clarification. No problems on my end. Consider me chilled. I just took umbrage with the idea of putting down Graham. I don't see the reason for it and I lost my patience a bit. Guess I picked bad day to quit huffing.

Fair enough. For what it's worth, I like the kid a lot. And I wish him nothing but the best.

I still think that's mincing words, but again, I appreciate the clarification. Peace.

Peace. :) And for the record, I still love my Bills and hope Graham will prove me wrong.

Edited by Bud Adams

All that being said i have been interested in this kid, since drafting became the majority of the dialogue hereabouts.

The short kid came up for conversation quite a bit if i can recall well enough. At least i thought we Bills fans better get to know the qb's avalaible after luck and rg who we knew were gone by ten. So we noticed him along with Cousins and more. Most of the publicity on the kid was that he is too short. Thats enough for me to want to follow a player right there. The pundits were often saying he had great skills blah blah blah. it seemed some thought the kid might make it.

I am not sure why any one is down on the kid and wouldn't want to see him overcome the naysaers, even if not likely.

Another thought was that since some people much smarter than me think Chan is very good with quarter backs and does tailor the offense to their strengths. ( we shall see about that soon enough eh? ) But i did consider we might draft him. I am better pleased with our stick man thingie guy that we got. personally.

carry on.

Edited by 3rdand12

Oh, please.

I'm far from having a wet dream over a rookie.

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!! :wallbash:

Lets see Wilson successfully make it through Training Camp, the Preseason, and actually throw a ball in a live game against a real NFL defense.

"I told ya so".

Give me a break! :thumbdown:

Worked for Flutie... I'd take Flutie (from back in the day) on this team RIGHT NOW over what we've got.

Well Wilson isn't no Flutie. Flutie had serious credentials by the time he got to B-LO. More importantly he had serious college cred to. This kid doesn't have squat.

I like the kid but again isn't this better discussed on a Seahawks board?

[This is an automated response]

You obviously do not hate to say "I told you so."

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use a more accurate subject line. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Edited by Captain Caveman

Well Wilson isn't no Flutie. Flutie had serious credentials by the time he got to B-LO. More importantly he had serious college cred to. This kid doesn't have squat.

I like the kid but again isn't this better discussed on a Seahawks board?

And again, I have to ask, Don't you watch any football outside of Bills games? Are the Bills the only players who's careers you follow?

As for serious college cred, WTF does a kid have to do? -He's 5'10"5/8, Became a first-team ACC QB, owns a few school records at NC State, Played professional baseball, went back to play football for a different school/conference, learned and mastered a completely different offense, won the starting job, passed for over 3,000 yards, threw 33 touchdowns, and claimed the Big-Ten Title.

If you don't understand what attracts people to this kid, then maybe you don't like football all that much.

[This is an automated response]

You obviously do not hate to say "I told you so."

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use a more accurate subject line. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

OMG, what exactly are you whining about?!

There's nothing misleading in the thread, or the thread title. THIS SAME TOPIC has been dicussed today on ESPN on "First Take" and "Around The Horn."

If you, Shadowcat, K-9, and the rest of the "YOU VILL DOO VOT VEE SAY" crowd don't like it, STAY OFF THE THREAD. -It's that simple.

And again, I have to ask, Don't you watch any football outside of Bills games? Are the Bills the only players who's careers you follow?

As for serious college cred, WTF does a kid have to do? -He's 5'10"5/8, Became a first-team ACC QB, owns a few school records at NC State, Played professional baseball, went back to play football for a different school/conference, learned and mastered a completely different offense, won the starting job, passed for over 3,000 yards, threw 33 touchdowns, and claimed the Big-Ten Title.

If you don't understand what attracts people to this kid, then maybe you don't like football all that much.

I watch more Football than a average fan.

Reading comprehension has gone down a lot in the US

Your posts show that. I have said I like the guy. I also

would never be so naive to even say the word Flutie in the sentence as him.

Did you ever watch Flutie play in college or do you just watch one player on one team?

Also, I keep football in the hobby/interests group in my life.It's fun,

I don't call our 3rd rounder "stick" people because the Bills drafted someone other

than a curiosity with our pick. Seems like something my kids would have said at 16.

So, clearly my life is a little more complicated than say

a person who repeatedly accuses fans of a SPORT of only watching the BIlls.

As I have said once before and never really boast unless it too a youngster .You would fall over if you

saw my fan card buddy.

Edited by Best Player Available

OMG, what exactly are you whining about?!

There's nothing misleading in the thread, or the thread title. THIS SAME TOPIC has been dicussed today on ESPN on "First Take" and "Around The Horn."

If you, Shadowcat, K-9, and the rest of the "YOU VILL DOO VOT VEE SAY" crowd don't like it, STAY OFF THE THREAD. -It's that simple.

Excuse me? You are calling me out because of what exactly?

The ONLY objection I have to Russell Wilson has NOTHING to do with Russell Wilson. People knocking TJ Graham because the Bills had the temerity to select him instead is ridiculous.

Please show me where I've knocked Wilson.

If you don't want to read all my posts in this thread to gain some measure of context before calling me out, then STFU.

GO BILLS!!!

Did these shows say they hated to say I told you so before talking about how Russell Wilson may unseat Tarvaris Jackson? You're gloating about a rookie camp report. Have you read the rookie camp reports on our guys? It means nothing.