The Purpose of Spectacular Wealth, According to a Spectacularly Wealth

would you like to deport din to quebec? he'll feel right at home.

I suppose I am lucky to not have been affected by brain damage like some of our favorite residents from norfolk

So you think welfare, ss and Medicare have, what, like hurt people or something? I mean what are you actually arguing? Are you some sort of anti government insect or something?

so, i was thinking about this guy conrad and simultaneously reading a chapter in "the hunger games" (yeah, i live in district 12) and thinking he might innovate such a spectacle...good sport and all. can we get back to his book?

So you think welfare, ss and Medicare have, what, like hurt people or something? I mean what are you actually arguing? Are you some sort of anti government insect or something?

OK seriously stfu

so, i was thinking about this guy conrad and simultaneously reading a chapter in "the hunger games" (yeah, i live in district 12) and thinking he might innovate such a spectacle...good sport and all. can we get back to his book?

you mean where you insinuate that if someone votes for Romney he's for the 1% and if he votes for Obama he's for the 99%?

The distribution of wealth by governments lifts millions out of poverty. Love it!

Are you saying that Meazza's transformation from poor to being able to buy a $50,000 vehicle was because of redistribution of wealth by the government? After I leave the soup kitchen line, where do I find the Lexus line? I look forward to sitting in the back with a glass of wine and government cheese.

weren't you the same guys who complained bitterly about folks who bought $150k houses causing the recession? and now a poor boy buying a 50k car is something to celebrate? seems a bit schizophrenic.

or perhaps I'm making the argument that wealth isn't zero sum so even someone who was born poor can move up in social status?

if you cant figure that out, I'm scared shitless for your patients.

weren't you the same guys who complained bitterly about folks who bought $150k houses causing the recession? and now a poor boy buying a 50k car is something to celebrate? seems a bit schizophrenic.

That was "folks who could afford $150k houses buying $600k houses," actually. And meazza never said he was poor, he said he grew up poor. Illustrating, counter to DiN's stupidity, that upwards economic mobility does actually exist.

Either you're pretending to understand that in order to make your own retarded little point, or you actually misunderstood. Either way, it's not to your credit.

IDK know anything about meazza (how old he is what he does etc) and good for him he has a nice car he's proud of. But isn't the question the opportunity to move up that is there for the current children, in significant numbers? I don't think anyone questions the opportunity that has existed in the past.

Edited by TheNewBills

IDK know anything about meazza (how old he is what he does etc) and good for him he has a nice car he's proud of. But isn't the question the opportunity to move up that is there for the current children, in significant numbers? I don't think anyone questions the opportunity that has existed in the past.

I can think of a hell of a lot of examples where that opportunity still exists. To name only one: Barack Obama.

would you be able to tell me in which societies, you have a higher likelihood of upward mobility?

where in the world do you have unemployment

in double digits and yet the highest amount of redistribution of income?

So, the opportunity existed in the past, but doesn't now? Since we are becoming less and less of a capitalistic nation do you think we should double down on the new direction or maybe make a u-turn?

So, the opportunity existed in the past, but doesn't now? Since we are becoming less and less of a capitalistic nation do you think we should double down on the new direction or maybe make a u-turn?

Take a u-turn back to what got us here?

would you be able to tell me in which societies, you have a higher likelihood of upward mobility?

you might want to look here. intergenerational mobility might be of particular interest.

Edited by birdog1960

LOL, Do you really need to write a book to shout we are the job creators - I'd like some statistics on how much of the wealthy's money is going into innovation compared to real estate speculation, commodity speculation, currency speculation and asset stripping existing businesses- these guys protestation of worth remind of the mafia justification that they kept the neighborhood safe from petty criminals.

Then explain why most people that grew up poor that are now wealthy did so on their own backs and through hard work of their own while poor people that are still poor did so on the backs of big government?

LOL, Do you really need to write a book to shout we are the job creators - I'd like some statistics on how much of the wealthy's money is going into innovation compared to real estate speculation, commodity speculation, currency speculation and asset stripping existing businesses- these guys protestation of worth remind of the mafia justification that they kept the neighborhood safe from petty criminals.

Everything they do in the end creates a job. I work for a fund of funds and I'd estimate that it probably generates about 100+ jobs in Canada and many more abroad.