Playoff scenarios

SF Bills Fan

What is the equation that gets us to play San Diego in the opening round? Would it be a Jets loss or a Denver loss or both?

I hate to look past the Steelers, but I'm already considering the fact that I can get to San Diego should we make the playoffs.

184346[/snapback]

This would be my ideal as well. We need both the Jets and Denver to lose for this to happen. This is my ideal because then we can face the Chargers (beatable), then the Steelers (a good matchup for us) and then hopefully the Colts will knock off the Pats (they almost did in the first game of the year except for Edge's fumbles) and we can play the Colts in the AFC Championship game. That's my dream playoff scenario. I'm not afraid of anyone in the NFC (including the TO-less Eagles).

What is the equation that gets us to play San Diego in the opening round? Would it be a Jets loss or a Denver loss or both?

I hate to look past the Steelers, but I'm already considering the fact that I can get to San Diego should we make the playoffs.

184346[/snapback]

I believe we would play San Diego with a Bills Win, A Denver loss and a Jets loss....

Thanks for the info. I'll just take a win and a loss by either team. If we get that double loss scenario, I'll be extremely pleased, but that is a real stretch. DCgirl, that is good analysis. I think that would be the ideal path. Going into Pitt is always scary, but Manning is more worrisome.

best situation, in my view:

Bills beat the steelers.

Jets lose to the Rams.

Indy beats the Broncos. Buh-bye broncos.

Bills are #5, Jets #6.

Jets go to Indy. Bwa! Indy wins.

Bills go to San Diego, where I believe we'd win pretty handily, and confuse and frustrate their fans in historic fashion.

Bills go to Foxboro still pissed about that last debacle. Determined to play their hearts out, the Bills eke out a win with a late Lindell field goal. (!)

Indy goes into Pittsburgh and rips them a new one, leaving Cowher's jaw fixed in permanent underbite.

Then the Bills travel to Indy in the AFC Championship game, where the Bills D and special teams shocks the Colts and the football world.

Meanwhile, the PACKERS, who can't stop anyone from running on them, somehow Favred their way past the Eagles in the NFC Championship game.

Bills 33

Packers 20

I believe we would play San Diego with a Bills Win, A Denver loss and a Jets loss....

184350[/snapback]

That is right. If Bills win +Jets lose, look for Colts to leave starters in longer to win game and send Bills to San Diego. But I'm afraid if Jets win then Bills are doomed when news hits Indy sideline. ;)

Bills go to Foxboro still pissed about that last debacle. Determined to play their hearts out, the Bills eke out a win with a late Lindell field goal. (!)

Indy goes into Pittsburgh and rips them a new one, leaving Cowher's jaw fixed in permanent underbite.

184359[/snapback]

I think in that scenario - the Bills would go to Pittsburgh because they are the lower seed (#5 v. Colts #3). So the Colts actually play the Pats and we play Pittsburgh. We basically are locked into Pittsburgh in the 2nd round if we win because we will be the lower seed in almost any scenario (unless we are #5 and the #6 seed also wins).

best situation, in my view:

Bills beat the steelers.

Jets lose to the Rams.

Indy beats the Broncos. Buh-bye broncos.

Bills are #5, Jets #6.

Jets go to Indy. Bwa! Indy wins.

Bills go to San Diego, where I believe we'd win pretty handily, and confuse and frustrate their fans in historic fashion.

Then the Bills travel to Indy in the AFC Championship game, where the Bills D and special teams shocks the Colts and the football world.

Meanwhile, the PACKERS, who can't stop anyone from running on them, somehow Favred their way past the Eagles in the NFC Championship game.

Bills 33

Packers 20

184359[/snapback]

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think this can happen. The Bills would play Pittsburgh after beating San Diego and Indianapolis would play New england in this scenario. In general, I believe, Pittsburgh plays lowest seed available in the second round.

So, If we win this week, then Denver and the Jets lose,

THEN

in the first round, the Jets win, and We win...

HOME PLAYOFF GAME!!! ;)

:(

184376[/snapback]

i don't think so, cuz after the first round #1 plays #4 and 2 plays 3. We'd never see the Jets unless we both upset the teams coming off a bye.

184346[/snapback]

They both have to lose. If Denver loses, we're automatically in. If the Jests win, we're the 6th seed but would elevate to 5th if they lost!