Post UFA 'signings' here

I think Corp was a good qb to take a flier on. If he hadn't gotten injured and allowed Barkley the chance to steal his job, who knows how his college career would have gone. USC starting QBs tend to go in the first round under the label "franchise."

In any case I can't believe people are complaining that the UDFAs don't look promising on paper. Of course they don't, no UDFAs do, thats why they weren't drafted. You bring them in to be camp bodies and hope that someone surprises you.

Also, I very much doubt that Buddy and Chan are or were ever looking for a bona fide replacement for Thigpen. Fans want it, but Chan went an entire season with Thigpen as a starter at one point. Thigpen is one of Chan's guys and will be the backup QB until they either draft someone to eventually replace Fitzpatrick, or one of the developmental qbs (like Corp) clearly passes him.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Garrick Williams ILB from Texas A&M

P Shaun Powell-FSU

SAF Nick Sukay-Penn State

SAF Delano Howell-Stanford

SAF Ian Wild-Mercyhurst

RB Chris Douglas-Missouri State

QB Aaron Corp-Richmond

CB Cris Hill-Virginia Tech

What the heck position is 'SAF'? :blink:

Question for you sir: Colt Brennan, Ty Detmer, Case Keenum, the rest of the Top 10 all time NCAA passing yard leaders (aside from Philip Rivers)....what do they have in common?

Answer: They tore up NCAA secondaries, much like your beloved Kellen Moore, and didn't do squat in the NFL because of their physical skills or lack thereof

Answer for you sir, Case, Colt and Ty all played in Run-n-gun type offenses from shot gun. Moore played in a pro style attack that had him under center the majority of the time. His offenses were so well thought of that Florida and Texas hired the last 2 Boise OCs to run PRO STYLE ATTACKS. Did you watch Colt get destroyed in the Sugar Bowl a couple of years ago by UGA? Did you watch Moore throw for 300 yards and 3 tds to beat UGA on the road this year? How did Kirk Cousins play against UGA...3 ints. Btw, UGA won the SEC East if it matters. So, before you argue, try watching a game. Btw, Ty Detmer had a 10 NFL career and Keenem(who I think sucks) has yet to play a down.

Edited by John Cocktosten

Looks like the Bills have done a pretty poor job at adding ufa's. I wouldn't expect any of the guys they signed so far to make the roster.

I 'm disappointed the Bills didn't 't bring in a better QB to challenge Thigpen. He was horrible the preseason last year.

S - Delano Howell will!!!

What the heck position is 'SAF'? :blink:

Safety

If I had a choice, he'd be gone. There has to be a better option that can be developed. Either that or free up a roster spot for another posiion (like DE).

What has Tashard done to make you not accept him as our #3 back? The guy is solid and can run the damn ball. We're not asking for him to start but at #3 he did a pretty damn good job.

While Corp may have played poorly last year, you have to remember it was his first full football season since HS. He was the backup at USC for 2 years, then missed a year due to a broken leg, then transfered, then tore up his knee after 5 games. It takes a bit of time to come back into a starters role after seldom playing for a few years due to circumstances outside of his own control. If he is fully healed (pro level strength and conditioning/medical staff will facilitate this) and working with Chan and David Lee, I think he has a shot to overtake thigpen, if not this year then next for sure. You have to remember the talent is there despite it being very unpolished as he was once a very highly sought after prospect.

While Corp may have played poorly last year, you have to remember it was his first full football season since HS. He was the backup at USC for 2 years, then missed a year due to a broken leg, then transfered, then tore up his knee after 5 games. It takes a bit of time to come back into a starters role after seldom playing for a few years due to circumstances outside of his own control.

That doesn't auger well for making the NFL jump then. The kid's head is going to be exploding at SJF...

While Corp may have played poorly last year, you have to remember it was his first full football season since HS. He was the backup at USC for 2 years, then missed a year due to a broken leg, then transfered, then tore up his knee after 5 games. It takes a bit of time to come back into a starters role after seldom playing for a few years due to circumstances outside of his own control. If he is fully healed (pro level strength and conditioning/medical staff will facilitate this) and working with Chan and David Lee, I think he has a shot to overtake thigpen, if not this year then next for sure. You have to remember the talent is there despite it being very unpolished as he was once a very highly sought after prospect.

That doesn't auger well for making the NFL jump then. The kid's head is going to be exploding at SJF...

Speaking of which, I think John Cocktastic might have an aneurysm pretty soon if we keep this up…

Geez, and we just started to agree on the running game!

I'm just trying to avoid the Brohm/Brown-esque threads that will pollute TBD over the next 3 months!

I'll agree to that but I think Corp is probably better than Brown, he's got a much better pedigree. Brohm, however, could be a very good comparison. I do think that Corp's physical attributes mesh better with Chan's system than Brohm's did.

I'm just trying to be glass half full here because the kid deserves a shot after overcoming a ton of adversity, he seems driven and that attitude will be the biggest factor in his success at the next level.