Do you think a team would trade their second round pick to the bills i

I wonder if the Bills could find a team that has a 2nd round pick in the top 8, that would trade that pick for our 3rd, and one of our 4th round picks? Even add one of our 5ths if I had to. If we could have two picks in the top 9 of the second round we would probably get two starters. You could probably get the OT and wide receiver we need. I would think one of these Offensive tackles would be available in the top 9, Martin or Glenn. Also one of these receivers should be there, Stehpen Hill, Alshon Jeffery, or Randle. I think these guys would be capable of starting as rookies. That would take care of all of the needs except linebacker. Come on Buddy, get off you fat ass and start calling the other teams ahead of you. Earn your paycheck.

Come on Buddy, get off you fat ass and start calling the other teams ahead of you. Earn your paycheck.

I am sure if half of us were in Buddy's position we would miserably fail. I am ok with trading a 3rd and 4th to get back into late 2nd for a receiver that should go early 3rd before the Bills pick. I don't think Buddy would ever trade away a 1st or 2nd.

I wonder if the Bills could find a team that has a 2nd round pick in the top 8, that would trade that pick for our 3rd, and one of our 4th round picks? Even add one of our 5ths if I had to. If we could have two picks in the top 9 of the second round we would probably get two starters. You could probably get the OT and wide receiver we need. I would think one of these Offensive tackles would be available in the top 9, Martin or Glenn. Also one of these receivers should be there, Stehpen Hill, Alshon Jeffery, or Randle. I think these guys would be capable of starting as rookies. That would take care of all of the needs except linebacker. Come on Buddy, get off you fat ass and start calling the other teams ahead of you. Earn your paycheck.

This is what I've been thinking all day.... except the "fat ass" part. I'd love to see us acquire another 2nd. Given the needs and what's on the board, I think he should go for it. We have an extra 4th and 5th. They should be used. With the injured players coming back and free agent acquisitions, we're not where we were 2 years ago where we need to accumulate picks like the Colts, Rams, Dolphins or Browns should be... I think they should make a move!

I am sure if half of us were in Buddy's position we would miserably fail. I am ok with trading a 3rd and 4th to get back into late 2nd for a receiver that should go early 3rd before the Bills pick. I don't think Buddy would ever trade away a 1st or 2nd.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early third?????????????????????????? Are you kiddding. The receivers I listed are going EARLY SECOND! Watch the run on recievers and offensive tackles early in round 2. The tackles and receivers I listed are the last of the real talent in this draft. Those guys will all be gone before the middle of round 2.

I don't agree with Buddy's philosophy. I would rather get three starters than 2 starters and 2 back ups. The Bills have enough slugs that aren't good enough to start, let's get some talented football players and make this team better. There will be some really good players still available in the early going of round 2, then you'll see a big drop off. I would rather have quality over quantity. Quantity just provides you with more players to cut.

Fixed.

If it was up to half the dopes on this board, we'd trade up so often the Bills would be lucky to have 3 picks a year.

=================================================================================

Yep and those three picks would be pro bowlers because the real talent is in the early picks. Other wise you end up with 10 picks and 6 of them get cut anyway. The 4 you have left are no where near as the 3 you would have had by trading up. Give me 3 really good starters, you can have your roster full of back up players who don't win. No playoffs this century should tell you something about Buffalo's philosophy. New England traded up twice in round 1. That's a team that has dominated the Bills ever since we were kids. This whole century anyway. When was the last time Buffalo was better than New England? They still wore leather helmets back then.

=================================================================================

Yep and those three picks would be pro bowlers because the real talent is in the early picks. Other wise you end up with 10 picks and 6 of them get cut anyway. The 4 you have left are no where near as the 3 you would have had by trading up. Give me 3 really good starters, you can have your roster full of back up players who don't win. No playoffs this century should tell you something about Buffalo's philosophy. New England traded up twice in round 1. That's a team that has dominated the Bills ever since we were kids. This whole century anyway. When was the last time Buffalo was better than New England? They still wore leather helmets back then.

New England has dominated Buffalo because of their long history of trading up?? Is this the first time you've ever paid attention to the draft?

:wallbash:

==========================================================================================

The team with the LONGEST playoff drought in the NFL! How could anyone miserably fail worse than that??? It's not possible, you can't go any lower than ZERO. Rock bottom is rock bottom. The funny thing is I disagree with almost all the BIlls moves and agree with 99% of Bill Belichick's moves. Man going by that theory Buffalo fans would hate me as their GM. They hate winning and success so they would run me out of town. Winning in Buffalo is not tolerated. Might ruin the reputation of Buffalo. Thanks for playing.

I don't agree with Buddy's philosophy. I would rather get three starters than 2 starters and 2 back ups. The Bills have enough slugs that aren't good enough to start, let's get some talented football players and make this team better. There will be some really good players still available in the early going of round 2, then you'll see a big drop off. I would rather have quality over quantity. Quantity just provides you with more players to cut.

The problem with your philosophy is that you don't think players taken after the first few rounds can be starters and you feel that every pick you make early is going to pan out. It doesn't happen that way. Players will end up being good who most thought would be backups and players will end up being busts that teams thought were "sure things."

The Bills need to get several starters from this draft, it doesn't matter if it's a 2nd rounder who played as well as people thought or a 6th rounder who nobody expected to make the team. They just need 3-4 of these guys to succeed and play well enough to be solid starters/stars. Trading all your picks away to grab 3 guys in the top 3 round means you better bat 1.000 with the picks you make - which isn't going to happen.

I'm a big believer in stockpiling as many picks as possible and hoping your scouts did a good job in evaluating talent.

==========================================================================================

The team with the LONGEST playoff drought in the NFL! How could anyone miserably fail worse than that??? It's not possible, you can't go any lower than ZERO. Rock bottom is rock bottom. The funny thing is I disagree with almost all the BIlls moves and agree with 99% of Bill Belichick's moves. Man going by that theory Buffalo fans would hate me as their GM. They hate winning and success so they would run me out of town. Winning in Buffalo is not tolerated. Might ruin the reputation of Buffalo. Thanks for playing.

Ok, so you are not the 50% of us. I do not completely know all about all college players. My hope is th eBills draft good players. When I look at scouting reports I read about the players and their physical skillset and where they are predicted to go. As an actual talent evaluator I am so far off base, though I have learned a few things. I see Greg Childs in the 3rd, 6'3 219 4.40-40 20 reps, to me at WR a physical specimen with physical talent you can't teach. I then say teach the man. So to me, as most others I am sure, I don't see all. I will be of the 50%.

I fail to see why getting two first rounders or two second rounders for double the late rounders is such a bad thing, as long as it's done prudently.

I'd much rather have two potential studs than four backups.

I would love two picks in the second in place of a 4th and 3rd. We already have two 4ths anyway. Right now, the 2nd is stacked. Everything after that could be depth or project picks.

NE's strategy this draft will pay off--two first rounders for a Superbowl team(!)--even if they have the fewest picks of the litter.

Having said that, I trust this crew to make good picks.

I fail to see why getting two first rounders or two second rounders for double the late rounders is such a bad thing, as long as it's done prudently.

I'd much rather have two potential studs than four backups.

I would love two picks in the second in place of a 4th and 3rd. We already have two 4ths anyway. Right now, the 2nd is stacked. Everything after that could be depth or project picks.

NE's strategy this draft will pay off--two first rounders for a Superbowl team(!)--even if they have the fewest picks of the litter.

Having said that, I trust this crew to make good picks.

Agree totally... I'm usually a "trade back" person, but you have to be willing to make the moves up when it makes sense. I think this year, at this stage of the draft with this number picks and frankly where the team is in a better position to go for filling its core needs rather than just finding depth... the move should be to get a 2 out of 3 among OT, WR and LB in the top half of Round 2!

I wonder if the Bills could find a team that has a 2nd round pick in the top 8, that would trade that pick for our 3rd, and one of our 4th round picks?

It would take at least the 3rd (#71), and both 4ths (#105 and #124) to get back to just a mid-50s pick. That's too much, unless the guy is a bonafide day-one starter.

OTOH, a deal involving next year's second rounder and this year's #105 might get you in the same place if, say a WR they love sides down a bit. I suspect Buddy's too conservative to do something like that, however...