Curtis Modkins - Is He Needed?

It does not matter whether you or anyone else thinks he is necessary.

It's up to Chan. Chan obviously feels he is, so I am not sure why you would even waste a breath on trying to determine whether he is. You don't have the necessary information in order to make an intelligent hypothesis.

Threads like this really amuse me.

Members like you also amuse ME. Joined TBD much longer than others yet have very few posts but choose to say something like what you said. You sir are the joke of which you're amused.

A huge percentage of offensive head coaches call plays. You see the same thing in many of the most explosive offenses (green bay and new orleans for example). I think you don't understand what a small percentage the actual play calls can be. Scheming, scouting, coaching Technique, running practice, player evaluation etc...

Only problem is you equate "I don't know" to equal "he's not good"

Never once said he wasn't good. Just "don't know" what he brings to the table or in our case the intangibles, be it scheme, playbook, coaching etc. Still I have no answer from any of you except to say "check the stats", this thread is a waste of time, it amuses me because you don't have the knowledge to make a hypothesis (when I'm asking for knowledge on the matter). It's all good though. I'm having fun reading something different for a change. I wish the draft comes and goes because TBD has been very boring lately... We need something to talk about and only after the draft will brains start working again.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never once said he wasn't good. Just "don't know" what he brings to the table or in our case the intangibles, be it scheme, playbook, coaching etc. Still I have no answer from any of you except to say "check the stats", this thread is a waste of time, it amuses me because you don't have the knowledge to make a hypothesis (when I'm asking for knowledge on the matter). It's all good though. I'm having fun reading something different for a change. I wish the draft comes and goes because TBD has been very boring lately... We need something to talk about and only after the draft will brains start working again.

you are going to be very disappointed. after the draft, there are going to be conspiracy theories the stadium leasing, crazy speculation on who is part of jim kelly's "group" of investors, silly things that show up in stevie's twitter.... in the offeason, everyone stops talking after the draft. happens every year. there will be nothing to talk about until the preseason. The highlights in between will be when the rookies sign. that's it. Really, any topic between after the draft and training camp is going to look like crap next to the draft discussion. "it must be the offseason" will be posted in just about any thread that is created. happens every year around here.

But keeping modkins is important. The offense has been successful, it is on the right track, and bringing in another coordinator with a new playbook with just throw all that out the window. For all you know, stevie, fitz, and jackson could totally suck with a new playbook. Especially stevie who benifits a lot from chan's system. Bringing in a coordinator that is "proven" is going to want to bring in his own playbook, and that just sounds silly. I love fitz and all, but I don't think having him learn a new playbook is going to make him any better.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

you are going to be very disappointed. after the draft, there are going to be conspiracy theories the stadium leasing, crazy speculation on who is part of jim kelly's "group" of investors, silly things that show up in stevie's twitter.... in the offeason, everyone stops talking after the draft. happens every year. there will be nothing to talk about until the preseason. The highlights in between will be when the rookies sign. that's it. Really, any topic between after the draft and training camp is going to look like crap next to the draft discussion. "it must be the offseason" will be posted in just about any thread that is created. happens every year around here.

But keeping modkins is important. The offense has been successful, it is on the right track, and bringing in another coordinator with a new playbook with just throw all that out the window. For all you know, stevie, fitz, and jackson could totally suck with a new playbook. Especially stevie who benifits a lot from chan's system. Bringing in a coordinator that is "proven" is going to want to bring in his own playbook, and that just sounds silly. I love fitz and all, but I don't think having him learn a new playbook is going to make him any better.

Not to mention what would the point be to bring in a coordinator who is not on the same page as Chan and what he wants to do. Like its been stated before, just cause Modkins isn't calling plays doesn't mean he isn't serving an important purpose.

exactly. but by bringing in a new coordinator, we aren't switching modkins with a new coordinator, we are basically switching gailey out for the coordinator, which is silly. it is a step backwards to competley change the plan. if they are going to just go and change an entire offense, they might as well change everything else. I find it crazy that someone wants to change the offense with a new coordinator after we already have a new defense. We might as well rid of nix, gailey, and get a new special teams coach as well if we are going to gut both the offense and defense in one offseason.

Lol I guess my posts number won't reach past 400 til after preseason. You're definitely right about a new system maybe throwing the players off but it could also be switched around and be better... I'm fine with the group of coaches we have though I would like for Chan to stick to his word and get cj and Fred on the field at the same time a few times maybe have cj line up at wr and Fred get the ball from Fitz only to have it be an endaround give to cj.... Little tweaks... I just wanted to know how Modkins contributes is all... He's obviously doing SOMETHING or else he wouldn't get paid. I just want to know what it is...

Side note - endaround give to cj (not to give it up the exit hole)

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

I think he is really just coaching the running backs, and maybe now and then gailey deligates something to him. I don't really know all his duties, but I think he is a coordinator in name only based on how much gailey is hands on with the offense.

Just move on, original poster was so oblivious that he din't know Chan designs the offense.

Time to get back to the sock thread.

This is the type of thread you get during the off season. It doesnt matter who the offensive coordinator is, as long as Chan Gailey is the HC, he is calling the plays. End of Story. Picking on Modkins??? Are you serious?? The guy has worked with Gailey for years and probably does a good job of emphasizing the things that are important to Gailey.

This is the type of thread you get during the off season. It doesnt matter who the offensive coordinator is, as long as Chan Gailey is the HC, he is calling the plays. End of Story. Picking on Modkins??? Are you serious?? The guy has worked with Gailey for years and probably does a good job of emphasizing the things that are important to Gailey.

Yet you made it to page 2. But you're right. His role is very important now that you guys have proven to me how important modkins is to this offense..I can sleep with ease tonight with all the info I have received. It was also probably modkins who said, hey Chan listen, this is a bit of a reach and it might cost us to go this route but, I think we should go with the goatee look in the offseason... Come on dude. Get a name for crying out loud.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz