Revis won't rule out another hold out

Two years after a contentious holdout between Darrelle Revis and the Jets, the two sides look to be headed for Round 2.

Revis, appearing at a charity function in Manhattan last night, said he is unsure whether he will hold out of training camp this summer in hopes of renegotiating his deal.

”I just don’t know,” Revis said before being honored by the Big Brothers Big Sisters NYC. “I’m not saying I am going to hold out. I’m not saying I’m not going to hold out. I just don’t know. Right now my focus is being on the team.”

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/island_vacation_XvzHN2TvBlK7EcCi2rWBLM

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Two years after a contentious holdout between Darrelle Revis and the Jets, the two sides look to be headed for Round 2.

Revis, appearing at a charity function in Manhattan last night, said he is unsure whether he will hold out of training camp this summer in hopes of renegotiating his deal.

”I just don’t know,” Revis said before being honored by the Big Brothers Big Sisters NYC. “I’m not saying I am going to hold out. I’m not saying I’m not going to hold out. I just don’t know. Right now my focus is being on the team.”

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/island_vacation_XvzHN2TvBlK7EcCi2rWBLM

If his focus is being on the team, why would he hold out? I think he's gotten a little bit full of himself, and I really hope Stevie has two more good games against him, just like last year.

If his focus is being on the team, why would he hold out? I think he's gotten a little bit full of himself, and I really hope Stevie has two more good games against him, just like last year.

He always Struck me as a pure hired gun mentality. Thinks he's the best, unique, different and a lone wolf. The uniform means nada to him, it's simply who's giving up the most Benjamins at any point in time.

He always Struck me as a pure hired gun mentality. Thinks he's the best, unique, different and a lone wolf. The uniform means nada to him, it's simply who's giving up the most Benjamins at any point in time.

Deion, Part II.

Almost all players are hired guns: They get paid money to play for a team with whom they would otherwise choose not to be affiliated.

My understanding of the Revis contract is that it was a compromise which the parties structured a particular way in order to avoid certain salary cap implications. Revis and the Jets understood that it would have to be renegotiated after two years.

Say goodbye to the Jets locker room again if that happens. Even Tebow can't save that sorry bunch.

To add to the fire, rumors have been swirling that Sanchez has asked to be traded. Should be an interesting season. ;)

Deion, Part II.

Yeap and hopefully like Deion he flies the coop on them

Almost all players are hired guns: They get paid money to play for a team with whom they would otherwise choose not to be affiliated.

My understanding of the Revis contract is that it was a compromise which the parties structured a particular way in order to avoid certain salary cap implications. Revis and the Jets understood that it would have to be renegotiated after two years.

That's too general a characterization. There are lots of guys who take pay cuts to stay with a team and also guys who retire rather than opt for playing somewhere else.

With Deion and now Revis the sense of not being connected to the team may be greater because theyre always stuck in single coverage anyway.

Yeap and hopefully like Deion he flies the coop on them

That's too general a characterization. There are lots of guys who take pay cuts to stay with a team and also guys who retire rather than opt for playing somewhere else.

That would be nice. I'd think he fit in well in Dallas.

I guess I have less faith. People stay with organizations because they are comfortable, know how things work, like the city. I think players who stay with an organization or take a pay cut because they feel a loyalty to the people of the city, the owner, the team, or their teammates are rare. As for retiring a year or two early, that too is often a business decision. Exhibiting loyalty to one particular area could open up lots of opportunities for a player after he retires.

”I just don’t know,” Revis said before being honored by the Big Brothers Big Sisters NYC. “I’m not saying I am going to hold out. I’m not saying I’m not going to hold out. I just don’t know.

Sounds to me like he is saying he is going to hold out lol.

Dont care if he plays week 1 or not anyways. Stevie owns that island now and planted his flag on it.

I guess I have less faith. People stay with organizations because they are comfortable, know how things work, like the city. I think players who stay with an organization or take a pay cut because they feel a loyalty to the people of the city, the owner, the team, or their teammates are rare. As for retiring a year or two early, that too is often a business decision. Exhibiting loyalty to one particular area could open up lots of opportunities for a player after he retires.

Dont you think there are outliers who are far More aggressive trying to get every last penny for their services, more willing to split on their team and enter into holdouts?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

To add to the fire, rumors have been swirling that Sanchez has asked to be traded. Should be an interesting season. ;)

I didn't hear that one Doc - any link? If that is true, it will be a very busy season for NYC Sports journalists.

I will say this - when you look at the production from Fred Ex last year before he broke his leg, the fact that we drafted him out of Coe College, his production on the field and off the field, his level headed press conferences and loyalty to the team....I'm happy we have Fred and feel pretty comfortable that Nix will get him something by way of a new contract. These are the types of players you want in your locker room (unlike the the Revis types).

Lol who'd want him? I say the market for him is a 5th round pick or worse,, which shows what the league thinks of him after 3 years in the NFL

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack