ESPN Bloggers Mock Draft

PaattMaann

ESPN is doing their blogger's mock draft, bloggers play GM and make picks/trade for first round

At 10, the Bills traded down with....the JETS, who had to give a boat load to move up 6 spots, where they selected Ingram

At 16, Bills took Riley Reiff (Floyd and Gilmore were taken with picks before)

To trade up the Jets gave the bills the 16th, 77th, 154th and 187th...

Overall, not a bad move, most of us seem to want a trade down, however I would definately not want us to take Reiff at that spot..but it seemed like he was dictated to us by the picks right before ours in the trade down....

Edited by PaattMaann

ESPN is doing their blogger's mock draft, bloggers play GM and make picks/trade for first round

At 10, the Bills traded down with....the JETS, who had to give a boat load to move up 6 spots, where they selected Ingram

At 16, Bills took Riley Reiff (Floyd and Gilmore were taken with picks before)

To trade up the Jets gave the bills the 16th, 77th, 154th and 187th...

Overall, not a bad move, most of us seem to want a trade down, however I would definately not want us to take Reiff at that spot..but it seemed like he was dictated to us by the picks right before ours in the trade down....

Trading down 6 slots with a Division Rival to pick up an extra 3rd, and two late round picks? And then Draft a guy they seemingly don't want anyway in Reiff? Whatever...No way I do that Trade for anything less than #16 and #47...It's a bad deal IMHO... B-)

Trading down 6 slots with a Division Rival to pick up an extra 3rd, and two late round picks? And then Draft a guy they seemingly don't want anyway in Reiff? Whatever...No way I do that Trade for anything less than #16 and #47...It's a bad deal IMHO... B-)

point value basically is even....I wouldnt mind the trade one bit if they were able to take anyone BUT Reiff with that pick haha

Extra 3rd is great, and I think extra 5ths and 6's are good deals

point value basically is even....I wouldnt mind the trade one bit if they were able to take anyone BUT Reiff with that pick haha

Extra 3rd is great, and I think extra 5ths and 6's are good deals

Meh...I don't like it... :thumbdown:

Value chart or not...Especially since they Drafted Reiff, who I don't like for The Bills at all...Maybe if they took Glenn...I don't know...I just think if you Trade with a Team in your Division you need to make them bleed...A 3rd, 5th, and 6th is just not enough for me...

Agreed 100%. This idea that we would trade with ANY division rival is absurd. Even more so when the proposed trade only nets us some late picks and a mediocre player.

NO WAY should the Bills HELP our division rival get a very good player who we will have to face twice a year for the next 4-10 seasons.

We are NOT in that desperate position anymore. Nix and Co. are too smart and have too much pride to do something that stupid, imo.

This is something the Dolphins would do, with the way this offseason has been going for them.

I think a trade down is a great idea. Get extra picks and give yourself leverage to manipulate the rest of the draft and get players you want.

By leverage to manipulate the rest of the draft, do you mean trading back up into spots? So we trade down and take a lesser player early, in order to be able to trade up later and take better lesser players?

Just doesnt make sense, imo. Seems like a lot of effort and risk to move around to get guys that we could just stand still and grab when it's our turn. I dont see any benefit.

And frankly, Id rather the Bills take a talent like Ingram themselves, instead of trading down for a crappy player at a position of need.

Getting Reiff (or another OT prospect) and Hill by the end of round one would be pretty sweet.

Two 2nd round guys in the 1st isnt a major win, imo.

By leverage to manipulate the rest of the draft, do you mean trading back up into spots? So we trade down and take a lesser player early, in order to be able to trade up later and take better lesser players?

Just doesnt make sense, imo. Seems like a lot of effort and risk to move around to get guys that we could just stand still and grab when it's our turn. I dont see any benefit.

And frankly, Id rather the Bills take a talent like Ingram themselves, instead of trading down for a crappy player at a position of need.

Two 2nd round guys in the 1st isnt a major win, imo.

If we stayed at 10 and draft Reiff, we could not have the extra picks to trade up and get Hill while still filling other needs.

By trading down and still getting Reiff, we add the ammunition needed to get Hill and still have picks left. That's what good team do. If they have 3-4 players closely ranked, they trade down and get extra picks and still get a player they like. It happens every year. Denver traded down multiple times a few years ago and then was able to move up to get Tebow. This is what the Patriots do every year too.

And your comment about both being "2nd round guys" is questionable. Both are pretty much ranked as 1st round picks by every site I can find. Chances are pretty good both will go in Rd1. I'd be pretty psyched if we could somehow end up with both.

We took picks away from a division rival and used them to fill 2 needs, we still had 11 picks left after these two to get depth and a sold CB/LB. i wud be happy with hill and the fact that they got him makes the reiff pick alright to me.

Or, we gave them a top tier prospect who will start from Day 1, for two mid-level prospects that arent guaranteed to beat out the players currently on the roster....

If we stayed at 10 and draft Reiff, we could not have the extra picks to trade up and get Hill while still filling other needs.

By trading down and still getting Reiff, we add the ammunition needed to get Hill and still have picks left. That's what good team do. If they have 3-4 players closely ranked, they trade down and get extra picks and still get a player they like. It happens every year. Denver traded down multiple times a few years ago and then was able to move up to get Tebow. This is what the Patriots do every year too.

And your comment about both being "2nd round guys" is questionable. Both are pretty much ranked as 1st round picks by every site I can find. Chances are pretty good both will go in Rd1. I'd be pretty psyched if we could somehow end up with both.

The year after Denver did all that trading, they ended up with the #2 overall pick. And the Pats havent had a good draft in years. Just sayin...

Or, we gave them a top tier prospect who will start from Day 1, for two mid-level prospects that arent guaranteed to beat out the players currently on the roster....

You might be right but regardless i think the Jets are done for a couple years.. cant win without a QB Dr.Dizzle

My whole problem with this type of trade back and thinking in general, if Reiff isn't good enough at 10, what makes him good enough at 16? If you think he is a starting left tackle, you take him at 10 and don't look back. Letting him drop 6 spots doesn't make a difference if he's a right tackle in the NFL. This is the type of trade that an analyst with a trade value chart makes and not an actual GM (at least I hope not).

My whole problem with this type of trade back and thinking in general, if Reiff isn't good enough at 10, what makes him good enough at 16? If you think he is a starting left tackle, you take him at 10 and don't look back. Letting him drop 6 spots doesn't make a difference if he's a right tackle in the NFL. This is the type of trade that an analyst with a trade value chart makes and not an actual GM (at least I hope not).

the thought process is that if you don't really like anybody at 10 and you find a team willing to move up, you consider it.

Especially if you have a few guys that you like and you are sure one will be avalable with whatever pick you get later.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.