ESPN Bloggers Mock Draft

PaattMaann

the thought process is that if you don't really like anybody at 10 and you find a team willing to move up, you consider it.

Especially if you have a few guys that you like and you are sure one will be avalable with whatever pick you get later.

So if you dont really like anybody, but also have a few guys you do like, this is what you do?

None of this makes sense!

So if you dont really like anybody, but also have a few guys you do like, this is what you do?

None of this makes sense!

meaning that they don't have a guy they are in love with at 10. I don't get why you guys are having trouble with this concept. Teams trade up and down the draft every year. You are acting like this is Quantum Physics. Teams rate players. If they rate a player so highly that he will not be available beyond their current pick, they take him. If they have several players with similar ratings and another team is willing to make it worth their while, they trade.

meaning that they don't have a guy they are in love with at 10. I don't get why you guys are having trouble with this concept. Teams trade up and down the draft every year. You are acting like this is Quantum Physics. Teams rate players. If they rate a player so highly that he will not be available beyond their current pick, they take him. If they have several players with similar ratings and another team is willing to make it worth their while, they trade.

Oh, I "get" the general concept. It's the specific logic in our case that makes no sense. Or isnt worth it.

the thought process is that if you don't really like anybody at 10 and you find a team willing to move up, you consider it.

Especially if you have a few guys that you like and you are sure one will be avalable with whatever pick you get later.

I understand the thinking, I just don't like it. And I'm speaking specifically about the relatively big need the Bills have at LT. If you think Reiff can be the guy, don't take a chance of him not being there at 16. Personally I don't want them to draft Reiff, if the draft played out like this one, I'd stay put at 10 and draft Floyd.

If you were following along on ESPN.com, our 'GM' was hoping for Kuechly, who went 9th so he traded back, was wanting Floyd at 16 but then settled for Reiff, since Gilmore also went at 15.

Edited by todzilla

Trading down 6 slots with a Division Rival to pick up an extra 3rd, and two late round picks? And then Draft a guy they seemingly don't want anyway in Reiff? Whatever...No way I do that Trade for anything less than #16 and #47...It's a bad deal IMHO... B-)

Excellent post

I understand the thinking, I just don't like it. And I'm speaking specifically about the relatively big need the Bills have at LT. If you think Reiff can be the guy, don't take a chance of him not being there at 16. Personally I don't want them to draft Reiff, if the draft played out like this one, I'd stay put at 10 and draft Floyd.

If you were following along on ESPN.com, our 'GM' was hoping for Kuechly, who went 9th so he traded back, was wanting Floyd at 16 but then settled for Reiff, since Gilmore also went at 15.

thats the problem with the trade down scenario. You have to be sure the guy you ultimately want will be there. My thinking about the OL is this: If the Bills rank Glenn, Reiff and Martin as equals then they can slide down a bit and be sure to still get one of them. But if they like one much more than the others they should stay put and take him. I think we will stay at 10 and take a CB unless someone like Kalil or Blackmon drops to us.

trading within division doesnt often happen thats for sure...id be happy to trade down and get extra ammo to fill needs later in the draft regardless of who the trading partner is (and in this particular case, the Jets took Ingram, woopty doo...me = not impressed)

That would give the Bills 13 picks in one draft year.

As I've pointed out before, that's too many. You'd end up cutting too many of your draftees… you can't develop that many rookies. It becomes wasteful.

The only way you accumulate that many picks in one draft is if you plan on packaging them to trade back up for a player or you trade some of them for picks in future years (which devalues them).

Anyways, the first question in my mind: is there a link for this draft?

Second question: What blogger is representing the Bills? There are several Bills bloggers that participate on this forum. Is it one of them?

As I've pointed out before, that's too many. You'd end up cutting too many of your draftees… you can't develop that many rookies. It becomes wasteful.

The only way you accumulate that many picks in one draft is if you plan on packaging them to trade back up for a player or you trade some of them for picks in future years (which devalues them).

Anyways, the first question in my mind: is there a link for this draft?

Second question: What blogger is representing the Bills? There are several Bills bloggers that participate on this forum. Is it one of them?

Well they took 2 of the picks and traded back into the 1st round at pick 32.

The draft was done by the ESPN bloggers, so James Walker. Which led to some amusing comments when he traded with himself between the Jets and Bills.

Well they took 2 of the picks and traded back into the 1st round at pick 32.

The draft was done by the ESPN bloggers, so James Walker. Which led to some amusing comments when he traded with himself between the Jets and Bills.

Thanks!

Yeah that in and of itself is ridiculous, one person playing GM for both teams.

So, in other words, this was worst case scenario for the Bills. Miss out on the guy they liked at 10, so traded down and missed out on the other two guys they liked. :wallbash: I guess it happens, just I hope it doesn't happen Thursday.

Agreed 100%...Lombardi said recently that Belichick always told him "You're building a Team, not collecting talent." The Bills have a great Locker Room by all accounts...You need to be careful in that area as well...The Bills have Needs no question...But 13 Picks is way too much... B-)

Agreed 100%...Lombardi said recently that Belichick always told him "You're building a Team, not collecting talent." The Bills have a great Locker Room by all accounts...You need to be careful in that area as well...The Bills have Needs no question...But 13 Picks is way too much... B-)

as already mentioned, some of those picks were used to move back into first round, having picks allows flexibility....and we still have ALOT of crap on this team that could be replaced by draft picks (Even 7th rounders) ex) batten, moats, every WR not named Johnson/Nelson etc.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.