There's talk that Kalil could slide out of the top 10.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

geez a couple weeks ago his was the cats pajamas. how did so many folks talk him out of them. i understand teams working angles like the Vikes might be but heck now you all are doing it too. If we get him we will consider ourselves lucky and have a solid line for years to come. and if we get him at ten we got us some major value.

I'm no expert on the quality of the current LTs that start for the teams picking at #4-#9, but let's assume that those who have postulated that none of those teams need a LT are correct. If we can see that, so can the Vikings GM. So ask yourself what the Vikings have to gain by implying that they won't take Kalil at #3?

They are trying to put fear in the teams at #4-#9. If MN wants Kalil, the ideal situation for MN is to trade down a few spots and still get him. If they can make a team that covets Blackmon or Claiborne believe that the only way to get the WR or CB is to trade up a few spots to #3, the Vikings can get Kalil AND an extra pick.

The Bills have an obvious need for a LT, but Buddy Nix is known for not trading up or down very often. So the Vikings can trade down a few spots with little fear that the Bills will trade up to snatch Kalil away from them.

While some other team with a LT need might trade up if Kalil slides too far, the Vikings don't have much risk of losing Kalil if they only trade down a few spots, because trading up from a spot below #10 takes a lot of ammo.

If you were the MN GM, and you pretty much knew that Luck and RG3 are going to be the first 2 players picked, why wouldn't you try to trade down a few spots and still get Kalil (assuming he really is the guy MN most wants)?

Also, Schefter was the 1st to call Von Miller to Denver when everyone had Dareus pegged to Denver. If Shefter is saying Vikings aren't taking Kalil, I believe him.

I love Schefter and consider him to have high credibility but Schefter worked in Denver for a long time at both newspapers.

He might have more inside sources with the Broncos than he does the Vikings.

Also Schefter has inevitably reported on many rumors that didn't turn out to have happened.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan