H2o's 2nd Take

H2o

The Combine, Pro Days, and visits are all done. We are down to just a mere 5 days and counting before the draft. The anticipation builds for our squad that has made some major strides this offseason. I thought I would take another crack at a 1st Round mock draft. Here we go.

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck/QB/Stanford - Already informed he is being taken first.

2. Washington Redskins - Robert Griffin III/QB/Baylor - Already knows he's going second.

3. Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil/OT/USC - Best OT in the draft will immediately start for this piece of an OL. There is talk that they are considering Blackmon and Claiborne, but I don't buy they draft anyone except Kalil.

4. Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson/RB/Alabama - Blackmon is a serious possibility here, but I think that Richardson would do more for this team than Blackmon right now which is why I believe he will be the pick. Richardson is an absolute beast and has the potential to be one of the best backs in the NFL.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Morris Claiborne/CB/LSU - They are already trying to trade Talib, Barber can't play forever, and I don't see Eric Wright as the #1 CB that the Bucs need. Claiborne has really seemed like their guy from early on. They could shock everyone and go Blackmon here too, but CB is more pressing with the signing of V-Jax to a big money deal.

6. St. Louis Rams - Justin Blackmon/WR/Oklahoma St. - The Rams manage to pick up all kinds of picks in trading the #2 pick to the Skins and still get their man. Blackmon will provide Bradford with the outside threat that he desperately needs. The two will be one of the top QB/WR duos in the NFL within two years.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Stephon Gilmore/CB/South Carolina - I've thought about all kinds of scenarios here, but just think that in the end the Jags take Gilmore. You have Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Kenny Britt (if he can stay healthy) twice a year. Gilmore may be the best CB in the draft and they have that need.

8. Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill/QB/Texas A&M - The dots are pretty much connected here. Miami needs a QB, check. Tannehill's old coach is on the staff, check. Miami is rebuilding so they can give him time to learn from the sidelines, check. If Miami doesn't take him I think it says a lot about the guy, just as it spoke volumes that they did not press for Matt Flynn. I still think they do select him here.

9. Carolina Panthers - Quinton Coples/DE/North Carolina - There has been a lot of negative buzz about the guy, but you cannot deny the talent. The Panthers need help on defense, especially the front 4-7. Coples has the ability to play at DE and even shift inside to rush from the DT position ala Justin Tuck. He will be an immediate starter on the Panthers roster and a guy that will give them flexibility. If anyone can keep this guy straight it will be Ron Rivera.

10. Buffalo Bills - Michael Floyd/WR/Notre Dame - He was a 4 year starter, productive, and the best at a position of need for our team. He and Stevie J will be hard to handle by the opposition. They can't double everybody. :thumbsup:

11. Kansas City Chiefs - David Decastro/OG/Stanford - Honestly, I wouldn't be disappointed if the Bills selected Decastro @ #10. The guy is that good. I think he is the one guy who seems a safe bet to play at a high level for many years, barring serious injury of course. He has the potential to be All-Pro and early on IMO.

12. Seattle Seahawks - Melvin Ingram/DE/South Carolina - The Seahawks need a guy who can get to the QB and Ingram is the top pass rusher on the board. Ingram also can be used at OLB at times in various defensive sets. He is one of the most versitile players in the draft as far as what he can do on the field. I think he fits well in Seattle.

13. Arizona Cardinals - Riley Reiff/OT/Iowa - They need help in many areas and OL is one of those areas. Reiff will be an immediate starter for this team and , despite my own opinion, may flourish in Arizona under the tutelage of Russ Grimm.

14. Dallas Cowboys - Dre Kirkpatrick/CB/Alabama - The Cowboys' secondary was horrendous last year. Kirkpatrick will go a long way to helping them upgrade the position. Mark Barron, Dre's teammate, could be the pick here, but I think they get a S in the 2nd or 3rd instead.

15. Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Keuchly/LB/Boston College - The LB's were terrible last year for the Eagles. Even the mighty Casey struck out at the bat in his chance to be on the field. They get their MLB this year and the best one in the draft.

16. New York Jets - Whitney Mercilus/DE/Illinois - The Jets are looking for pass rushers and Mercilus is definitely that. He is the guy I wanted @ #10 before we signed Williams and Anderson. Sucks that he ends up with the Jets, but it's a great pick for them. He could put up 15 sacks his first season easily IMO. He has long arms, is quick off the snap, has a variety of moves he uses to get to the QB, and is absolutely relentless.

17. Cincinnatti Bengals - Mark Barron/SS/Alabama - Just another piece to the puzzle for Marvin Lewis' defense. Barron will be an immediate starter on a defense that really doesn't need that much. The Bengals will continue their rise in the AFC.

18. San Diego Chargers - Courtney Upshaw/OLB/Alabama - The Chargers need a pass rush and Upshaw is the best tested one available. They took a chance on Larry English a couple of seasons ago and it hasn't panned out. I think this keeps them away from the guys who played against lesser competition in college and they go with Upshaw who played in the SEC to fill that need on their defense.

19. Chicago Bears - Kendall Wright/WR/Baylor - I know they got Brandon Marshall in the offseason, but Lord only knows how many games he'll play this year after his latest incident. The Bears still needed help at WR outside of him anyway. Cutler will like throwing the ball to a guy like Wright who can get behind coverages consistently. Wright is more polished than Stephen Hill which is why I think the Bears take him here.

20. Tennessee Titans - Fletcher Cox/DT/Mississippi St. - The defense needs help all over. Cox will be a guy who can disrupt in the middle and keep some of the focus off of Wimbley on the outside.

21. Cincinnatti Bengals - Janoris Jenkins/CB/North Alabama - There has been all kinds of talk that Jenkins is dropping like a rock because of off the field concerns. Has that ever really scared the Bengals before? I know they just cut ties with Cedric Benson, but if they think they will be able to get a CB as talented as Jenkins when their 2nd rolls around they are sadly mistaken. I think the Bengals take a chance on him here as it is a need and he is undeniably talented.

22. Cleveland Browns - Cordy Glenn/OT/Georgia - The bookend to Joe Thomas will start from day one and help both Colt McCoy and Trent Richardson immensely. I thought about Stephen Hill here, but I think they hold off and opt for a WR in the early 2nd.

23. Detroit Lions - Jonathan Martin/OT/Stanford - The Lions need help at CB, but there is really no one available here that may not possibly be available in the 2nd as well. They get another piece to the OL for Stafford, Johnson, and Co.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers - Dontario Poe/DT/Memphis - Casey Hampton is starting to break down and Poe would be the heir to the NT position. They would likely work him in on a rotational basis more and more as the year goes along allowing him to learn from one of the game's best NT in the process.

25. Denver Broncos - Michael Brockers/DT/LSU - He didn't have a great combine, but I think his play on the field more than spoke for itself. The Broncos need help all along the interior and I think this works out well for them.

26. Houston Texans - Rueben Randle/WR/LSU - I have seen him talked about as a 1st, but not really put here too often. I see Randle and Kendall Wright as very similar WR's in this draft. Houston has a need opposite of Johnson and Randle fills that void. I think Randle goes here ahead of Stephen Hill because Randle is the more polished WR of the two.

27. New England Patriots - Chandler Jones/DE/Syracuse - A fast riser late in the pre-draft process and the Patriots need some pass rushers. He comes off the board here.

28. Green Bay Packers - Nick Perry/DE/USC - They struck gold 3 years ago with another USC player in Clay Matthews and they may very well have struck it once again by getting Perry here. He is a top tier pass rusher and has all of the measurables you need to be able to make the switch to 3-4 OLB.

29. Baltimore Ravens - Shea McClellin/DE/Boise St. - Another pass rusher comes off the board. The Ravens lost Jarrett Johnson in FA and will be going after a replacement. Some say they will take Stephen Hill if he is still on the board, but they took a guy with the same exact skillset last season in Torrey Smith. I just don't see it.

30. San Francisco 49ers - Stephen Hill/WR/Georgia Tech - They got Moss on a 1-year deal, Manningham is there on a relative short term basis possibly, and they need a big-play threat. He can learn behind Moss, get some rotational PT, and hopefully emerge as that guy for the 49ers.

31. New England Patriots - Harrison Smith/SS/Notre Dame - Smith is an intelligent, play-making S. I will hate to be facing the guy twice a year, but the Patriots, who need secondary help, make the right choice here.

32. New York Giants - Coby Fleener/TE/Stanford - This is a no-brainer for the Giants if he makes it to them. Eli LOVES his TE's and Fleener is the best in the draft. Eli will be grinning ear to ear after the announcement of this pick.

Edited by H2o

Worst mock draft past after the top 5 picks...

1) No way Kuechly falls to 15. NO FREAKIN WAY.

2) No way Brockers falls to 25. NO FREAKIN WAY.

3) What does Shea McClellin have anything to do with the Ravens losing Johnson? Johnson is a DE in a 34 and Shea is a projected OLB in a 34.

4) Dont'a Hightower doesn't even make the first round in your mock? :wallbash:

5) Fletcher Cox at 20? C'mon man!!!

6) Carolina at 9 needs DT help more than anything. Also, they need another WR weapon outside Smith, so I'd put Cox or Floyd there instead of

Coples. Carolina is a real darkhorse to pick up Floyd at 9 to help Cam.

7) Bengals already have Pacman Jones to deal with. They're not going to add fuel to the fire by adding Jenkins. That's just pure stupidity on anyones part. They need RB help and offensive line help.

8) Giants just signed Martellus Bennett in free agency and didnt resign Kareem McKenzie. They're also looking to trade Osi so I'd look for them to sign another OLB or DE or even a DT. But definitely not a TE. Giants have proven they can make any TE look good in their offense. Look at Kevin Boss and Ballard.

9) Bears traded 2 3rd rounders for Marshall. They have so many needs right now at OL, CB, DT, and DE opposite Peppers. You honestly think they'll take a WR with one of their first 2 picks considering they don't pick again til round 4? That would be the dumbest thing they can do considering how much they dropped for Marshall already.

10) Lastly Patriots need CB help more than anything else. I don't see them wanting to use Edelman at CB much longer. If anything, I see the Patriots taking a risk on Jenkins since they have the stability in the locker room and enough veteran to keep him in check.

3) What does Shea McClellin have anything to do with the Ravens losing Johnson? Johnson is a DE in a 34 and Shea is a projected OLB in a 34.

6) Carolina at 9 needs DT help more than anything. Also, they need another WR weapon outside Smith, so I'd put Cox or Floyd there instead of

7) Bengals already have Pacman Jones to deal with. They're not going to add fuel to the fire by adding Jenkins. That's just pure stupidity on anyones part. They need RB help and offensive line help.

8) Giants just signed Martellus Bennett in free agency and didnt resign Kareem McKenzie. They're also looking to trade Osi so I'd look for them to sign another OLB or DE or even a DT. But definitely not a TE. Giants have proven they can make any TE look good in their offense. Look at Kevin Boss and Ballard.

9) Bears traded 2 3rd rounders for Marshall. They have so many needs right now at OL, CB, DT, and DE opposite Peppers. You honestly think they'll take a WR with one of their first 2 picks considering they don't pick again til round 4? That would be the dumbest thing they can do considering how much they dropped for Marshall already.

10) Lastly Patriots need CB help more than anything else. I don't see them wanting to use Edelman at CB much longer. If anything, I see the Patriots taking a risk on Jenkins since they have the stability in the locker room and enough veteran to keep him in check.

1. Yes he can and watch him do so.

2. Brockers has fallen on many draft boards because of his unimpressive path to the draft. It could very well happen.

3. Jarrett Johnson is an OLB in a 3-4 the Ravens lost in FA, see http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4567/jarret-johnson

4. I've seen numerous mocks with Hightower falling to the 2nd

5. Yes, Cox @ 20

6. Your opinion and Coples is mine

7. The Bengals have BJGE and Bernard Scott to carry the load. They need CB help.

8. Look at when the Giants had an elite Shockey @ TE. You don't think Manning would want a top notch TE?

9. Yes. Who else do they have that is worth a nickel? Name them.

10. The Pats lost 10 sacks to us in Anderson. Take that away they are at the bottom with us. They need help at OLB just as much, if not more, than anyone else.

Edited by H2o

1335033033[/url]' post='2442441']

The worst? Some of your reasons for disputing the picks are the worst. At least know what you're talking about before making stupid statements. Johnson played 3-4 OLB for Baltimore. While I agree, Hightower should be a 1st, I've seen him go in the 2nd in a few mocks. Carolina needs helps all over. If they think Coples is the best DE in the draft, he makes a nice guy opposite Johnson (I don't like Coples personally, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's the pick at 9). The giants signed Bennett....to a ONE year contract. They are FAR from set at TE. The bear WRs have sucked for the better part of a decade. Martz likes WRs and adding another good one opposite Marshall would be huge for their offense. Their defense is already good and the OL in this draft is questionable. Adding another weapon for cutler is a must IMO. The pats have holes all over their defense, not just CB. If Jones and smith are the bpa on their boards (which is possible) the picks make sense. They can always draft a cb or two or three with their other 57272621103 picks.

You're exaggerating this being the worst mock after pick 5. BIGtime.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.