Packers flying the American flag at half mast

LabattBlue

I revere the flag and still get goosebumps watching a flag get raised in the morning when I drive by the courthouse on my way to work. With that said, everything the flag stands for says the Packers can fly the flag at half mast when they believe it is appropriate.

I personally like flag etiquette and that it should only be flown at half mast for civilians upon an order of the governor or president.

What a slap in the face to those who have served in the military.  Someone get the Packer organization a book on flag etiquette.  Even worse, they have incorrectly flown it at half mast before.  Why not fly your Packer flag at half mast instead you morons.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...flag-flap_x.htm

;)  :blink:  :)  :angry:

183528[/snapback]

Ease up, Labatt. They're trying to respect one of their own. If they're a bit overzealous in that, I'm sure it isn't done to disrespect anyone.

I hate the fact that they keep calling him the leader in all time sacks

HE IS NOT..BRUCE SMITH IS

183534[/snapback]

You shouldn't hate.

Actually, Deacon Jones is by a mile but stats were not kept back then.

183541[/snapback]

Nope, they weren't, so they don't matter. It's the same thing in basketball, where most people know that Bill Russell is the all-time leader in blocked shots even though that stat wasn't kept during his career.

Ease up, Labatt.  They're trying to respect one of their own.  If they're a bit overzealous in that, I'm sure it isn't done to disrespect anyone.

You shouldn't hate.

183540[/snapback]

The American flag at half mast is an honored tradition not to be used for Bob Harlans personal beliefs. Even after the moron was told that it was incorrect, he said that he will do what he wants.

Like I said, fly the Packer flag at half mast, but don't F*** with the American Flag.

My opinion, and yes I know about flag etiquette, is if the Packers want to fly it at half mast, then okay. But if the NFL decrees that every team fly theirs at half mast, they would open a can of worms. Because then every time a former NFL player dies, they would be expected to fly it half mast also.

Flag Etiquette

My brothers and I always get a kick out of this:

The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard

Think about all those July 4th picnics you've been to where someone has paper plates and napkins with the flag on them. That's also wrong according to flag etiquette.

The packers have flown the flag at half staff MANY times. When Favres father died, when other members of the team or orginazation have died.

Pipe down with all the ediqoute crap. do you see every flag with a light constantly on it? Does a color gaurd burn every american flag when it becomes worn? Does every american flag out there NEVER touch the ground? Yea, I am sure the Packers are the ONLY orginazation not to follow every Ediquote rule...

The packers have flown the flag at half staff MANY times.  When Favres father died, when other members of the team or orginazation have died.

Pipe down with all the ediqoute crap.  do you see every flag with a light constantly on it?  Does a color gaurd burn every american flag when it becomes worn?  Does every american flag out there NEVER touch the ground?  Yea, I am sure the Packers are the ONLY orginazation not to follow every Ediquote rule...

183580[/snapback]

Fug you...steeler troll. Oh and by the way...learn how to spell etiquette.

Etiquette says I should not eat with my elbows on the table.

183581[/snapback]

yeah...but did you ever notice how perfectly your hands are in reference to your mouth when you eat a burger with your elbows on the table?

God intended for us to eat with elbows on the table.