WR Success Rate

I'm starting to get on the Kuechly bandwagon. Like many of you, I've been sick and tired of watching other teams' tight ends just kill us. Kuechly is 6'4 with some solid speed. I say draft the kid, stick him at LOLB and let him do his thing.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt say we shouldnt draft another corner, we do every year, but dont think should do in first round. We just invested a high 2nd rounder on a cb last year, and we have huge needs for LT, 2nd WR, and OLB that need to be addressed as well. With the improved passrush, our secondarys job should get easier, since opposing QB's shouldnt be able to sit back and pick them apart at thier leasure anymore. If point to injuries as reason, then that makes the other positions that much more needy than CB, cuase we have allot less depth in other areas as well. Have 3 capable of starting, and 2nd rounder who finally gets a full offseason back.

I don't disagree with anything you say. At #10 we have to get the BPA and depending on how things shake out it could easily be a CB. If Floyd and Blackmon are gone, there is no other WRs close to being rated that high. IMO Lts outside Kalil seem to be a reach at #10 as well. That leaves Kuechly and Gilmore/Kirkpatrick; I could easily see us taking a CB at that point. We can't reach on a player because of need and it is hard to say that we don't need a CB anyway...

Thanks for the stats.

I wonder how many of the failed WRs played on teams that really needed a LT....

A better question is how many of those receivers came from an offense that left them unprepared for the pro game. To much emphasis is put on the LT position, especially in this offense. Did the Steeleres have an elite LT? Nope, they have Jonathan Scott. When you get the ball out quick it doesnt matter who is on the line. Who is catching that quick pass does matter.

I'll take a playmaker all day over a LT.