Draft format...old way or new?

103 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have the traditional first three rounds on Satuday or the current format over three days?

• Rounds 1-3 Saturday; 4-7 Sunday
    • Round 1 Friday in Primtime; 2-3 Saturday;4-7 Sunday
    • Round 1 Thursday; Round 2-3 Friday; 4-7 Saturday
    • Other

I will say that if the NFL does get the broadcasts to stop tipping picks, that would be a huge improvement. Last year was just awful to watch. So anti-climactic.

This does ruin a lot of the excitement of the draft. I love how the analysts still sit there and pretend the pick is going to be a surprise when everyone in the world has already seen the obvious player on his cell phone and crying for the past 5 minutes.

And for the record, Saturday by far for the first few rounds for me. Made for a perfect all day party that usually coincided with some of the first nice days to be outside for us around the NYS area.

I like the way it is now. That way, there are 3 days where I don't have to anything around the house because my wife knows it's the draft.

pssh id rather take a full weekend, than 2 nights and a saturday where you start getting nagged for watching that again

pssh id rather take a full weekend, than 2 nights and a saturday where you start getting nagged for watching that again

My wife knows that I watch the draft every year. I also play the "after 25 years in the military, I have earned the right to watch what I want to watch" card. That, coupled with the "I don't complain about what you watch every other night" argument convinces her to leave me alone.

Edited by jjmac

I like the new prime time setup.

I wish the league would find a way to stop the "tipping" of picks. That isn't only awkward but takes out any semblance of anticipation when the pick is read at the podium.

Its not even close.

We had an annual BBQ on Saturday during the draft.

Now its seems stupid BBQ for 4th round picks.

Bring back the Saturday afternoon 1st round draft!!!

If you want to spread out than have Monday be the 4th through 7th.

Edited by Why So Serious?