can it be gilmore AND jenkins?

playman

sounds that he absolutely loves gilmore, so i guess thats the 1st rd pick. and though it sound like a jauronism it was buddy who said that you cant have too many corners :D

stated that while they need tackles they can be found later. same with WRs. and they like hairston.

now, i know jenkins propably isnt a nix guy, getting that kind of talent in rd 2 is a steal. and he may drop that far due to a thing quite a few on this board are also guilty of. that bong-thing ;)

if so, all of a sudden we are set both up front and in the back-end.

the importance of LBs in wannys D isnt that great, and we have capable starters already. looking for depth here. hopefully with korey toomer as one of our 7ths.

so we have 7 picks to spend on OT, LB and WR. would do for depth and competition.

thoughts?

sounds that he absolutely loves gilmore, so i guess thats the 1st rd pick. and though it sound like a jauronism it was buddy who said that you cant have too many corners :D

stated that while they need tackles they can be found later. same with WRs. and they like hairston.

now, i know jenkins propably isnt a nix guy, getting that kind of talent in rd 2 is a steal. and he may drop that far due to a thing quite a few on this board are also guilty of. that bong-thing ;)

the importance of LBs in wannys D isnt that great, and we have capable starters already. looking for depth here. hopefully with korey toomer as one of our 7ths.

so we have 7 picks to spend on OT, LB and WR. would do for depth and competition.

thoughts?

And then in a few seasons after he is suspended once or twice by the league for incidents involving this, we can run him out of town for a 4th like we did with Lynch..........

I would do it in a second. I don't know either of these guys as I dont really follow college. But I keep hearing about them. Ya. Lock the position down, just like the front 4 for YEARS. And they can do whatever they like with offense for eons after this. Only thing is, I wonder if the pick would be Kirkpatrick. Alabama guy, little nudge nudge from a 300+ lb Dareus. On top of him being rated better than Gilmore. I know you said he loved him. He also said talent is most important when selecting picks. I don't know between the two. But I hear everyone say Kirkpatrick is the best CB available. Chances are he'll be there when were on the clock when looking at the other teams wants/needs.

Based on Buddy's comments I'd say Jenkins is a no:

Jenoris Jenkins can cross Buffalo off List of suitors: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/18654596/janoris-jenkins-can-scratch-buffalo-off-list-of-suitors

For example, on the topic of North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins, a player some teams won't even include in their final draft board, Nix signaled the Bills are likely to avoid the smoke, fire and off-field worries that come with adding a player with Jenkins' history.

"You know I just would not get into that," Nix said. "But if you mean whether we'll take him or not ... ability-wise obviously you would. This is a political answer I'm fixing to give you, but otherwise you wouldn't. You get enough trouble without getting one that you know is a problem."

Edited by Carey Bender

I would do it in a second. I don't know either of these guys as I dont really follow college. But I keep hearing about them. Ya. Lock the position down, just like the front 4 for YEARS. And they can do whatever they like with offense for eons after this. Only thing is, I wonder if the pick would be Kirkpatrick. Alabama guy, little nudge nudge from a 300+ lb Dareus. On top of him being rated better than Gilmore. I know you said he loved him. He also said talent is most important when selecting picks. I don't know between the two. But I hear everyone say Kirkpatrick is the best CB available. Chances are he'll be there when were on the clock when looking at the other teams wants/needs.

buddy said beeing " short armed " works against kirkpatrick.

listen here: http://www.wgr550.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5805131

buddy said beeing " short armed " works against kirkpatrick.

listen here: http://www.wgr550.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5805131

don't need to listen. If you said he did. And if that's the knock on him then your probably right. Like I said. I don't follow college at all. Just going by what the gurus say and majority of people think. I guess I was just saying i'd be happy with a 2xCB scenario. If they got the guys they wanted I'm all for it. Would give us 4 new, young corners with Williams and Rogers last year. Woul. Also male McKelvin better as he'd be our 4th or 5th CB. He's really good at that type of depth. I think he'll be better anyway this year.

Buddy better start winning about the win-loss record in the next year. If he doesn't show a major improvement he and Nix should be gone. Knowing that he is under the gun to win, and that LT is the spot of need, I'm really truly impressed that he is confident he will find his LT somewhere in the lower rounds or free agency....

Wait and see.

sounds that he absolutely loves gilmore, so i guess thats the 1st rd pick. and though it sound like a jauronism it was buddy who said that you cant have too many corners

Why do people keep saying this? Everyone loves Gilmore. Most mocks have him going before us now. Why is everyone assuming he will be there at 10?

Gilmore would be a solid choice. One could make a case for him being as high as the seventh best prospect in this draft after the big six (Luck, Griffin, Richardson, Blackmon, Kalil, and Claiborne).

However, keep in mind that we would then have SIX quality corners on the roster: a young pair of starters (Gilmore and Williams), a veteran pair who can still start in this league for a little while longer (McGee and Florence), and then a young pair of kick returners who provide great depth (McKelvin and Rogers). Most teams keep five corners; I don't know any that keep seven. Jenkins is a huge risk as is, but would be a major luxury pick after selecting Gilmore in the first round. There are just too many other roster holes at LT, WR, and LB.

don't need to listen. If you said he did. And if that's the knock on him then your probably right. Like I said. I don't follow college at all. Just going by what the gurus say and majority of people think. I guess I was just saying i'd be happy with a 2xCB scenario. If they got the guys they wanted I'm all for it. Would give us 4 new, young corners with Williams and Rogers last year. Woul. Also male McKelvin better as he'd be our 4th or 5th CB. He's really good at that type of depth. I think he'll be better anyway this year.

Listening yesterday (or maybe it was the day before) I heard someone talking about CBs and the bills and they were saying that the Bills don't view Rogers as a Starter type, more as a 5th CB who was picked more for his return abilities then to play CB. McKelvin would still be in the starter spot (top 4)

thoughts?

Buddy is carefully blowing smoke in your eyes. He said nothing yesterday to offer any significant clue as to whom he might pick.

The importance of linebackers in Wanny's D isn't that great? As James Bond said when told the blond's name, holding him captive, was Pus*y Galore, "you must be joking". Linebackers are very important in any defense.

I want no part of Jenkins. I'm a big 2nd chance guy but he has way too many red flags. I defended guys Lynch, Hardy, and Henry. Jenkins, IMO, has a way worse reputation.

And I'm not really on the 1st round corner market, but if Nix and company do draft one, I think he is hinting that he likes Gilmore the best.