Luke Kuechly discussion

We definitely needed another thread about this.

Wait... there wasn't one?... is this 6023598764?... I must have the wrong number sorry...

No sarcasm but can Sheppard play outside? Can Kuechly? If neither can I'm not sure forcing either to the outside or bench is justified.

Sheepherder struggles to play inside... he ain't the fastest of the cats...

I love Kuechly at ten. from what I have been listening to. He can play any position at LB.. Inside, outside no matter. Tackling machine!!

COLLEGE tackling machine... I can see his size being an issue ( I know, that's what she said)

Edited by madtowntobuffalo

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be very upset if the Bills take Gilmore/Kirkpatrick in favor of Kuechly or Floyd. SLB and number two WR are just as important for the Bills to address, so why take the lesser talent? The Kuechly and Floyd draft stocks are much more valuable than the Gilmore of Kirkpatrick stocks in my opinion just based on their production in college and their preparedness for the pros.

Wait... there wasn't one?... is this 6023598764?... I must have the wrong number sorry...

Sheepherder struggles to play inside... he ain't the fastest of the cats...

COLLEGE tackling machine... I can see his size being an issue ( I know, that's what she said)

His size is not an issue

We definitely needed another thread about this.

so why are you posting on the thread?

If Kuechly could fix the TE problem (NE) that would be great. With an increased pass rush, Brady dumpoffs to the TE should be on the increase. As for Welka'?

I was just reviewing some of the most recent drafts. It was like going to bed dreaming about Christmas only to instead get a nightmare of no Christmas (other than Dareus).

If Kuechly could fix the TE problem (NE) that would be great. With an increased pass rush, Brady dumpoffs to the TE should be on the increase. As for Welka'?

I was just reviewing some of the most recent drafts. It was like going to bed dreaming about Christmas only to instead get a nightmare of no Christmas (other than Dareus).

Everyone keeps bringing this up... NO ONE is going to stop the TEs in NE. Gronkowski went an entire season without getting stopped and put up one of the best TE seasons in the history of the league. Truth is, no one in the league can stop him 1 on 1. Hopefully Kuechly can contribute to a solution where we limit the production.. but the problem will never be "fixed".

Everyone keeps bringing this up... NO ONE is going to stop the TEs in NE. Gronkowski went an entire season without getting stopped and put up one of the best TE seasons in the history of the league. Truth is, no one in the league can stop him 1 on 1. Hopefully Kuechly can contribute to a solution where we limit the production.. but the problem will never be "fixed".

Let's stop making Brady and his TE's out to be invincible God-like figures. They can be shut down with a very strong pass rush from the front 4 plus LB's that can take away the short-to-intermediate routes. A competent DC like Wannstedt, Mario Williams, Anderson, a healthy KW, a healthy Merriman, a more experienced Sheppard, and a guy like Kuechly would be good enough to effectively limit Brady and Co.

Let's stop making Brady and his TE's out to be invincible God-like figures. They can be shut down with a very strong pass rush from the front 4 plus LB's that can take away the short-to-intermediate routes. A competent DC like Wannstedt, Mario Williams, Anderson, a healthy KW, a healthy Merriman, a more experienced Sheppard, and a guy like Kuechly would be good enough to effectively limit knock Brady and Co on his ass.

Fixed.

Edited by eball

Let's stop making Brady and his TE's out to be invincible God-like figures. They can be shut down with a very strong pass rush from the front 4 plus LB's that can take away the short-to-intermediate routes. A competent DC like Wannstedt, Mario Williams, Anderson, a healthy KW, a healthy Merriman, a more experienced Sheppard, and a guy like Kuechly would be good enough to effectively limit Brady and Co.

Limit him by holding Brady to 300 yds and 2 TDs? All I'm saying is that their offense is going to get theirs.. some posters are making it seem like Kuechly wont be worth drafting unless he can hold Grownkowski without a catch.

Limit him by holding Brady to 300 yds and 2 TDs? All I'm saying is that their offense is going to get theirs.. some posters are making it seem like Kuechly wont be worth drafting unless he can hold Grownkowski without a catch.

Compared to this team's defensive efforts over the past decade, that would be a stellar showing.

The Clemson gave tape from 2010 and 2011 should be required viewing for anyone that wants Kuechly.

To call him Poz 2.0 is an insult to Poz...

Yeah I thought so too....I called him a more athletic, slightly better version of Chris White and got blasted for it. Oh well, we shall see but too me Kuechly seems like he would have been a 2nd rounder at best in previous draft classes that weren't as thin at LB. To say this is a weak LB class is a big understatement.

Yeah I thought so too....I called him a more athletic, slightly better version of Chris White and got blasted for it. Oh well, we shall see but too me Kuechly seems like he would have been a 2nd rounder at best in previous draft classes that weren't as thin at LB. To say this is a weak LB class is a big understatement.

I think there's good LB depth throughout the draft but that it's underwhelming at the top.

JMO.

I'll be very upset if the Bills take Gilmore/Kirkpatrick in favor of Kuechly or Floyd. SLB and number two WR are just as important for the Bills to address, so why take the lesser talent? The Kuechly and Floyd draft stocks are much more valuable than the Gilmore of Kirkpatrick stocks in my opinion just based on their production in college and their preparedness for the pros.

Definately with you there, no way clairborn drops, who would be only cb think is better talent that Keuchly or Floyd IMO.

I think there's good LB depth throughout the draft but that it's underwhelming at the top.

JMO.

Its so rare for ILB to be so good at coverage along with being tackling machine. He isnt perfect prospect cause doesnt pass rush, and isnt greatest at taking on a blockers, but is good at weaving through them, has tremendous range and is a sure tackler. He needs a team with good DT's in front of him to be at his best, and Bills have that. Think he is a great fit for Bills, cause his strengths meet bills need and IMO is the best MLB to come out of college since Urlacher for all around play.

Edited by rstencel

Definately with you there, no way clairborn drops, who would be only cb think is better talent that Keuchly or Floyd IMO.

Its so rare for ILB to be so good at coverage along with being tackling machine. He isnt perfect prospect cause doesnt pass rush, and isnt greatest at taking on a blockers, but is good at weaving through them, has tremendous range and is a sure tackler. He needs a team with good DT's in front of him to be at his best, and Bills have that. Think he is a great fit for Bills, cause his strengths meet bills need and IMO is the best MLB to come out of college since Urlacher for all around play.

That is a bold statement. If we get him. I hope you are right.