Luke Kuechly discussion

Yeah, this is a problem for me as well. I'm all in favor of drafting Kuechly, but why not have him take Morrison's spot at Sam LB instead?

That was my thought as well.

I have been reluctant to pick him because I like Killer LBs but considering our system of fast flow zone defense I think he will be perfect for us. I'd still take Tannehill if available but he won't be there so the best LB and one of our biggest needs we should take him.

Who would have to be off the board for Tannehill to be the BPA at #10, in your opinion?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this is a problem for me as well. I'm all in favor of drafting Kuechly, but why not have him take Morrison's spot at Sam LB instead?

I dont understand all of the confidence in Sheppard. I like him and all but he hasn't done much to prove that he is going to be a good player in this league, let along secure a starting role. Everyone has him penciled in as a starter, but the truth is that he is the least proven linebacker on our roster.

Edited by Billsrhody

I dont understand all of the confidence in Sheppard. I like him and all but he hasn't done much to prove that he is going to be a good player in this league, let along secure a starting role. Everyone has him penciled in as a starter, but the truth is that he is the least proven linebacker on our roster.

I think that honor goes to Moats or Batten

No arguments with that, but he'll have a complete offseason to digest the new defense, one closer to the scheme he played at LSU.

don't care who is on the board if he is there, Franchise QB above all else.

Is he a franchise QB?

I think so also. We have no quality depth at lb and shepppard looks to be ok but not spectacular. Shepppard looks very slow also. His speed is the slowest I've seen at lb since Eddie Robinson. The middle lb needs to be instinctive and shepppard is always out of place. I can only hope he improves.

Ok, but keep in mind the following before casting judgment on Sheppard:

A. He was a rookie asked to play perhaps the most cerebral position in the NFL other than QB.

B. George Edwards was the coordinator of the cluster!@#$ that was the 2011 Buffalo Bills defense.

C. For most of the season, the defensive line in front of him consisted of another rookie, Dareus, plus a bunch of scrubs.

After watching 12 of his games, yes and I knew once the scouts put on the tape they'd see the same thing and put him right where he belongs.

That's cool, because I've only seen him play once or twice. Anyway, why not change your sig?

Edited by jjmac

Ok, but keep in mind the following before casting judgment on Sheppard:

A. He was a rookie asked to play perhaps the most cerebral position in the NFL other than QB.

B. George Edwards was the coordinator of the cluster!@#$ that was the 2011 Buffalo Bills defense.

C. For most of the season, the defensive line in front of him consisted of another rookie, Dareus, plus a bunch of scrubs.

Every defensive player drafted last year played very well. Shepppard the least impressive.

Every defensive player drafted last year played very well. Shepppard the least impressive.

He deserves a chance to prove himself in the new defense, seeing has he was robbed of a decent rookie seasin by the lockout and by poor coordination. Besides, Wannstadt's defense has been described as player-friendly, so he should do well.

Besides corner (mainly because of the physical requirements), ILB or MLB are the hardest positions to learn on a defense. You are basically the QB of the defense. It's a lot to learn. Plus, when your d line is getting shredded, your LBs are going to look bad.

If there are no signs of life from Shep this season, then let's worry.

Ya is that why we had 29 sacks last year, 10 in one game 19 in the other 15 and paid 127 Million dollars this year to improve our pass rush?

Moats and Batten are gone. Sorry

The Bills have Moats listed at OLB right now. I think he's gone, too, but let's see who the competition is, first.

Ya is that why we had 29 sacks last year, 10 in one game 19 in the other 15 and paid 127 Million dollars this year to improve our pass rush?

Moats and Batten are gone. Sorry

I'm not saying that moats is going to be better than sheppard will be.. but moats has been in the league longer and has produced more. Just that hit on Favre alone proves he has accomplished more than sheppard.

Sheppard played a prominent role when the team was losing 8 of its last 9. Sheppard has proved next to nothing. Moats didn't get a lot of snaps last year so I think its unfair to pin the lack of a pass rush on him.. How was our run defense last year when sheppard was on the field?

He deserves a chance to prove himself in the new defense, seeing has he was robbed of a decent rookie seasin by the lockout and by poor coordination. Besides, Wannstadt's defense has been described as player-friendly, so he should do well.

Why all this concern about Sheppard? There are 3 LB positions, and Kuechly can play any of them. Linebackers take a lot of punishment, there will be some games missed by linebackers this season. It is also one of the glaring weaknesses of the defense.

Why all this concern about Sheppard? There are 3 LB positions, and Kuechly can play any of them. Linebackers take a lot of punishment, there will be some games missed by linebackers this season. It is also one of the glaring weaknesses of the defense.

I just don't think we can annoint Kuechly a starter yet, nor do I think we can condemn Sheppard to "bust" status yet, either.

I'm not saying that moats is going to be better than sheppard will be.. but moats has been in the league longer and has produced more. Just that hit on Favre alone proves he has accomplished more than sheppard.

Sheppard played a prominent role when the team was losing 8 of its last 9. Sheppard has proved next to nothing. Moats didn't get a lot of snaps last year so I think its unfair to pin the lack of a pass rush on him.. How was our run defense last year when sheppard was on the field?

So did Dareus by your logic he sucks too. Moats cant play the run, at all, has average pass rushing skills and is a former late round pick. I know hes a good likeable kid but he will have a tough time making this roster