• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Certainly not you, you ass wipe.

[/quot

profound,.and you, are you in support of helping the majority of syrians?...i'm pleased to see mccain support arming the rebels. annan has tried and failed. force appears necessary. besides your above brilliant insight, any other gems? what do you foresee happening? or do you just not care?

kofi, former sec general of u.n. trick question?

Oh, that Annan. He is the former Secretary General. If he couldn't do a damn thing (other than enrich himself and alot of others) when he was in charge, why would you expect him to be able to do anything now?

Oh, that Annan. He is the former Secretary General. If he couldn't do a damn thing (other than enrich himself and alot of others) when he was in charge, why would you expect him to be able to do anything now?

didn't expect him to...but at least he tried. more than i see most of the rest of the world willing to do so far.

Another foreign intervention?

Afghanistan, Iraq and now Syria? Let's not mention our help in bringing the Muslim Brotherhood and sharia law to the only somewhat secular states in the Middle East. I wonder if that help in Libya & Egypt encouraged the rebels in Syria? Is Assad a schit and does he deserve a special painful death? Yes, but look out what you ask for. That Shah of Iran was so bad that we now have a regime in Iran that is much more enlightened.

Another foreign intervention?

how bout arming the insurgents to the level of equivalence? sure, there are problems with this...are they going to be better off with them then the current regime? will they turn on us? dunno, but don't we westerners proclaim our love and support for democracy very loudly and publicly? hasn't this reasoning been recently used by American leaders (especially conservatives) to justify more costly interventions? this seems a measured response to an ongoing massacre. they're laying landmines meant for refugees fleeing the country and shooting into turkish refugee camps. didn't foreign powers help arm our insurgents in our revolution?

will they turn on us?

They will probably turn on Israel.

this seems a measured response to an ongoing massacre.

This isn't the first time.

didn't foreign powers help arm our insurgents in our revolution?

I'm Canadian.

how bout arming the insurgents to the level of equivalence? sure, there are problems with this...are they going to be better off with them then the current regime? will they turn on us? dunno, but don't we westerners proclaim our love and support for democracy very loudly and publicly? hasn't this reasoning been recently used by American leaders (especially conservatives) to justify more costly interventions? this seems a measured response to an ongoing massacre. they're laying landmines meant for refugees fleeing the country and shooting into turkish refugee camps. didn't foreign powers help arm our insurgents in our revolution?

I've noticed that liberals generally hate any kind of foreign intervention if a Republican is President but are all for any and all intervention if a Democrat is in office. I'm not trying to be cryptic here, but it would have been nice if that whole U.N. thing worked out? Maybe then we wouldn't have to be the world's policeman.

I'm guessing that maybe Obama has the stones to step in...

:lol:

Any day now, leading from behind. I heard that worked well in Lybia.

I've noticed that liberals generally hate any kind of foreign intervention if a Republican is President but are all for any and all intervention if a Democrat is in office. I'm not trying to be cryptic here, but it would have been nice if that whole U.N. thing worked out? Maybe then we wouldn't have to be the world's policeman.

If UN intervention worked in the last 60 yrs, then there would be no need for US to be the policeman.

Any day now, leading from behind. I heard that worked well in Lybia.

If UN intervention worked in the last 60 yrs, then there would be no need for US to be the policeman.

Isn't that what I said? Even you should be able to understand that.

post-9928-037191900 1334111040_thumb.gif

who's talking about "any and all"? selling artillery and ammo isn't exactly that. i've read the insurgents were paying a couple bucks a round for bullets. couldn't we sell at prices that the syrian govt gets, at least?

It's a nice country. Very nice looking women there.

i might have meant "my apologies for getting your nationality wrong"...and it is a very nice country.

who's talking about "any and all"? selling artillery and ammo isn't exactly that. i've read the insurgents were paying a couple bucks a round for bullets. couldn't we sell at prices that the syrian govt gets, at least?

And that would prolong the conflict and kill and maim a lot more people. If the goal is regime change, then use your power to effect it ASAP.

John McCain and Joseph Lieberman have already called for arming Syria's rebels, in statements last month from the U.S. Senate where they serve. But they repeated their demand in more dramatic fashion Tuesday — from a Syrian refugee camp in Turkey and with violence unabated, as the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad disregarded the UN plan that was to have silenced the Syrian Army's guns Tuesday morning.

The two senators joined a growing international chorus of voices finding that the unimplemented plan, brokered by former United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan, is simply allowing the Assad regime to continue its oppression.

--- like we need to waste MILLIONS more on arming another nation. Like we need another Operation Fast and Furious :thumbdown: