[closed]The new collar

nodnarb

I'd love these new uniforms if the made the full collar blue. But now they look so awkward - where the blue meets the white with the red and dark blue stripe on the collar - that's a design disaster and I'd like to tackle the Bills rep that said "Yeah, okay." Our uni is now an outlier in that it's the only one that looks like the player is wearing a crew neck shirt straight out of 1985 underneath the jersey. It's embarrassing how bad this one aspect of the design is.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Bills-Focus-Nike-Jerseys-Unveiled/e5da81f7-a596-40f8-bd92-2a26a680cbe8

I'd love these new uniforms if the made the full collar blue. But now they look so awkward - where the blue meets the white with the red and dark blue stripe on the collar - that's a design disaster and I'd like to tackle the Bills rep that said "Yeah, okay." Our uni is now an outlier in that it's the only one that looks like the player is wearing a crew neck shirt straight out of 1985 underneath the jersey. It's embarrassing how bad this one aspect of the design is.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Bills-Focus-Nike-Jerseys-Unveiled/e5da81f7-a596-40f8-bd92-2a26a680cbe8

I agree, the only thing I don't like is the collar. I have no idea what they were thinking there...

I didnt like it at first but after thinking about it it kinda looks like the horns on a charging buffalo. I kinda like it

And the Sabre Slug looked like a Buffalo, too.

I see preppy crew neck, not horns. Looks ridiculous.

Edited by nodnarb

I'm calling BS on this one. The collar looks fine. Get over yourself. The jersey looks almost exactly like last year. They still have one of the best looking uniforms in the league. I have looked at it several times and I don't see your crew neck shirt description at all. The jerseys are badass.

I'm calling BS on this one. The collar looks fine. Get over yourself. The jersey looks almost exactly like last year. They still have one of the best looking uniforms in the league. I have looked at it several times and I don't see your crew neck shirt description at all. The jerseys are badass.

I agree. People will always find something to complain about.

No it doesnt! That collar looks worse than the dark shoulders of the 2008 uni. :sick:

That's ugly as hell. He said that the collar is reinforced with some sort of wire too - "flywire" as Wilson put it - and the fron v looked very stiff. Does that not sound more dangerous than a stretchy collar? Like it could crush a players windpipe if horse collared real hard?

Its frigging ugly too. Wtf? We finally get a good looking Jersey, and they go and screw it up. Thanks Nike. BTW: i haven't purchased anything with a swoosh on it in like 15 years. Guess I wont start now either.

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

No it doesnt! That collar looks worse than the dark shoulders of the 2008 uni. :sick:

That's ugly as hell. He said that the collar is reinforced with some sort of wire too - "flywire" as Wilson put it - and the fron v looked very stiff. Does that not sound more dangerous than a stretchy collar? Like it could crush a players windpipe if horse collared real hard?

Its frigging ugly too. Wtf? We finally get a good looking Jersey, and they go and screw it up. Thanks Nike. BTW: i haven't purchased anything with a swoosh on it in like 15 years. Guess I wont start now either.

I repeat, the jersey is almost identical to last year. If you don't like it, then fine don't buy it, but it isn't very much different than the one they had last year. And yes, I'm sure that the NFL fielded jerseys for all teams that are going to cause players to choke and suffer crushed windpipes. That statement alone makes me laugh.

There are probably 8-12 teams in the league that have different colored collars, just like Buffalo.

This is simply another attempt to make money and increase profits. There cannot be another reason to add those hideous white collars other than wanting fans to purchase "the latest" jersey. Due to the high amount of jerseys sold last year, they felt they had to make changes to ensure sales. Actually they most likely launched the new jerseys a year prior to the Nike release on purpose, to maximize profits. Fairly smart from a business perspective, fairly crappy from a fans perspective.