Team-by-Team Cap Room

Numark

Dont think it was that big of an influence. This year I think it is a shared total percentage across all 32 teams, and it's based on cash-to-cap, which we were already practicing. I believe it has more to do with Buddy executing the plan he has been talking about for the last 3 years.

I was delighted when league was set Payroll minimuns. I think they were sending a message no cash-flow only owners who don't care about a teams competitiveness, which I think Ralph has been guilty of, especially more recently. basically the message was make an honest attempt to field a competitive team or get out.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Thats before they cut Kelsey and Edwards to create another 9.6 million

I was one who also thought Dwan would be cut for the reasons of cap space and him not fitting in the system but, the guy is a baller and after seeing how much space we do have, I believe he deserves a chance to stay with us and see what position he can provide depth in. As far as Kelsay I'm on the fence. I wouldn't mind him being cut if we draft a nice stud rookie like Ingram but if we do something crazy like draft Coples AND let go of Kelsay that would hurt. If Kelsay stays I'm fine if he goes I'm fine also is I guess what I'm trying to say. Plus if he leaves Mario can save a couple bucks on paying for his number so I'm for it now I guess.

We are short of the money to re-up Byrd, Levitre, and Wood. Some surprise cuts are ahead or one of those 3 will be allowed to walk.

Surprise cuts maybe but those 3 guys are Bills for life. They will not be headed anywhere, barring a serious injury of course.

Broken legs are not something that qualifies as an injury history.... that is just bad luck. An injury history -to me- is someone who has injuries related to training problems or or due to style of play. An achilles tendon injury or a knee injury or something that is known to be difficult to return from can also be defined as an injury history. Broken legs are the result of other people falling on/into you... nothing the player can do about that!

Surprise cuts maybe but those 3 guys are Bills for life. They will not be headed anywhere, barring a serious injury of course.

Not if we don't have the money to sign them. So you don't think teams have to let go of talent every year for cap reasons?

Because he's their #1 center.

PTR

They can and should also take a Center or Guard capable of playing Center, perhaps DeCastro, in the draft. Wood missing time is NOT good for the O-line when you have no one who is really capable of backing him up.

Edited by RyanC883

we do have a backup for center who filled in reasonably enough. And his name was not Andy.

But we have some late signees last year and i have no idea if any of them can move positions.

I agree that we need a reliable back up for center. and then we need a reliable guard to back up the guard who just moved to center.

Maybe Decastro is not such a bad idea after all. I like C.Glenn too for this option.

Broken legs are not something that qualifies as an injury history.... that is just bad luck. An injury history -to me- is someone who has injuries related to training problems or or due to style of play. An achilles tendon injury or a knee injury or something that is known to be difficult to return from can also be defined as an injury history. Broken legs are the result of other people falling on/into you... nothing the player can do about that!

Since when do broken bones not count as injuries. As far as knee injuries go Wood was barely touched and his knee popped. Wood is a great player, but if he can't stay on the field then his effectiveness becomes nullified. Wood and Bell have way too much in common as of right now. Wood's biggest problem right now is that he will have to rush the healing process to start the regular season. Thank God for growth hormone or his career would be toast.