Your craziest day at the Ralph?

scribo

My favorite is - I believe - was the Miami game 2003 just after Thanksgiving...Ricky ran for over 100 in first half and it was tight going in to the half. Bills came out and scored on their first drive and right in tune with the impending Blizzard the Bills kicked off in to a white-out! I remember Travis (I think) running in to Jim Kelly's open arms in the endzone and the Bills cruised! I also remember 75,000 drunks singing "Let it Snow" along with the PA during a tee-vee timeout!

My most memorable day had to be the Dolphins game in '90. Kelly was out because of a knee injury suffered against the Giants the previous week. Larry Norton and friends had made a parody of Free's "All Right Now" into "All Reich Now". I remember hearing that on Friday as my buddy and I pulled into the airport to pick up our friend at the Airport (everyone was coming home from college for the holiday break).

We got a van (with driver) from Olean. Stuck a keg in there a we were all set to make our own version of Buffalo wings. Unfortunately, the coals my friend's parents provided were old and wouldn't light in the drizzling rain. We made our way over to the Winnebago section to beg for some charcoal. A fine gentleman set us up and we were ready to go.

The goal posts came down that day as the Bills clinched (all together now) HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE THROUGHOUT THE PLAYOFFS, with a win over the hated fish. Good times, man. Good times.

My favorite is - I believe - was the Miami game 2003 just after Thanksgiving...Ricky ran for over 100 in first half and it was tight going in to the half.  Bills came out and scored on their first drive and right in tune with the impending Blizzard the Bills kicked off in to a white-out!  I remember Travis (I think) running in to Jim Kelly's open arms in the endzone and the Bills cruised!  I also remember 75,000 drunks singing "Let it Snow" along with the PA during a tee-vee timeout!

183112[/snapback]

It was Peerless Price who ran into Kelly's arm but I wish at was at that game like you were. It looked like fun. My cousin was getting tickets but I had a family get together or something like that so I couldn't go.

Opening Day 1980, When the Bills finally beat Miami 17-7. The goalposts were torn down, passed to the upper deck and thrown over the top. I can still remember Roosevelt Leaks diving into the end zone on a swing pass from Fergy and practically losing my hearing. I never heard a crowd erupt like that in my lifetime.

Party continued onto Mulligans Brick Bar where I went from drunk to blind on Vodka Tonics. Girls were jumping up on the bar and taking their tops off. Got home at 5am and was just dying the next day. Skipped my College classes and stayed in bed.

Good times. :lol:

My best Bills "I was there" memory was going to the AFC Conference Championship game against the Raiders in 1990. The Bills were on a mission that game, nothing was going to stop them that day, and they won 51-3. It kind of reminds me of the game the Bills will play on Sunday.....But the (scub-less) Steelers are a much better team than the 1990 Raiders.

It was just before or during the first Gulf War, and everyone was chanting "USA".

january 96...home playoff game vs. miami...the day we B word-slapped the fish and convinced shula it was time to hang up the whistle.

for some bizarre reason i could not sleep a wink the night before the game...i mean not for 1 minute. so i woke my buddy up early and dragged him to the stadium about 5 hrs before kickoff...we got ripped to the outer gills of course, and just spent hours wandering the lots hooting and hollering and popping beers with total strangers....and just loved every minute of the beatdown that ensued..

Wow, this is a toss up between quite a few games. A couple of games away from the Ralph that stand out was the shutout in Cleveland at the old mistake on the lake park in 1991 I believe. The other away game was the 1993 AFC Championship game in Miami when Kelly came back from a knee injury to lead the Bills to their first Super Bowl game against the Cowgirls. That game was a riot considering the lack of enthusiasm from typical Dolphish fans who didn't even sell the game out and the number of Bills fans that outnumbered fish fans after halftime.

My favorite games at the Ralph were the 1988 (I think) game against the Jets when we finally won the division title after years of futility when, I believe Fred Smerlas blocked a field goal attempt to seal the win. The other two were the playoff games against the Raiders and of course the Oilers game.

Sweet times indeed. I'm feeling this week like I did 14 years ago leading up to a game. I can't wait. This is probably the biggest home game the Bills have had in a long long time. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was just before or during the first Gulf War, and everyone was chanting "USA".

183272[/snapback]

It was during, one of the first few days of the war. I got to re-watch the game 2 weeks ago, and they kept breaking in with news reports from the Gulf.

My favorite was the friggen cold as sh-- Jets game that cliched the division, the last time the Bills went to the super bowl.  Even though it was cold, we were jumping and cheering so much I don't remember being cold inside the stadium.

183481[/snapback]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I forgot to mention that one. How could I forget, I got friggin frostbite that game on my toes. There's nothing like sitting on a blanket in your seat only to have your feet resting atop 6" of ice. You gotta love those games!!

The best time I had at the Ralph was the opener against the Titans. We had the best food, beer, wine, whatever. We got their at 12:00 so by the time the game started we were drunk to say the least. In 1982 my friends and I went to a special Thursday night game by the MNF crew. The Bills were down something like 18 points but in true Bills fashion we came back and won. Howard Cosell said after the win "They did it without Joe Cribbs." Those two games stick out in my mind

183108[/snapback]

I really, really wish I could be at the game Sunday. I was at the Great Comeback. It was the wildest sight I've ever seen. The fences were coming down, fans were ripping their own hair right out of their heads. It was great!

I would like to hear about everyone's craziest time at a Bills game, and I wonder if Sunday's game will earn a spot on the all-time list.

Clang those cowbells so I can hear 'em on TV.

182510[/snapback]

The '77 Second Miracle'! against the Bronx in '90. Tredwell attempting a gimme FG that would ice the victory when Odoms swoops in and blocks it and Biscuit grabs it and flies down the sideline 80 yds. After the kickoff, 'Hitman' picks off Elway- taking it to the hizzy. We bury them at the 2 on the next kickoff and Elway fumbles the first snap and Biscuit recovers. Kenny Davis takes it over from there and a dredfull loss turns into a fantastic victory, propelling the Bills on their 1st SB destiny. I took a client to the game who never had such excitement. He died during the next week... ;)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I forgot to mention that one. How could I forget, I got friggin frostbite that game on my toes. There's nothing like sitting on a blanket in your seat only to have your feet resting atop 6" of ice. You gotta love those games!!

183486[/snapback]

I attended the Vikings/Bills game. Must have been close to the last game of the '94 season ( just found it, December 11th, 1994). My buddy was a big Vikings fan. We had front row seats and it was so freaking cold my shoes froze. I had to take my shoes off and rub my feet to keep them from falling off. Insane.