Sabres put an a$$-whuppin' on the Caps

Hey I have a question about the Sabres.

I was listening to the Sabres/Wild game over the Internet this weekend.

At the beginning of the game, when it was time for the national anthem, they played both the US anthem AND the Canadien anthem.

Why would they play the Canadien one?

I've been out of the states for years now, but remember that they would only play the Canadien one if they were playing a team from there.

What gives??

Go Sabres!

At the beginning of the game, when it was time for the national anthem, they played both the US anthem AND the Canadien anthem.

I've been out of the states for years now, but remember that they would only play the Canadien one if they were playing a team from there.

What gives??

Go Sabres!

Started playing both regardless, because of the fact that the majority of the players in the league are from Canada.

Really??

Man, that sounds weird.

Do you remember when they started that?

What's next, the Russian, Swedish and Czech anthems too?

Go Sabres

Started playing both regardless, because of the fact that the majority of the players in the league are from Canada.

Really??

Man, that sounds weird.

Do you remember when they started that?

What's next, the Russian, Swedish and Czech anthems too?

Go Sabres

My father purchased season tickets for the 1971-1972 season(the year the roof was raised at The AUD) and had them for about 15 seasons... It was when I began going to Sabres games and when I became aware both national anthems were played...

Over time the percentage of NHL players from Canada has decreased as more Americans and Europeans have made it to the NHL.

I believe that the Sabres play both anthems because Buffalo is a border town and MANY hockey-mad fans and season ticket holders are from Canada.

great win... on the anthem, if you have the right singer the Canadian anthem sounds really nice.usually a big male opera singer

I am 50 and have followed the sabres since late 60's yep - they always sing them both

the Sabres singer is Doug Allen. He is a great singer!

best part about being at hte game - Random Bills chant's with the Shout song. awesome. section 428 rocked it

431 was all up in the Caps crease.

The Highlight was having 4 rows of Sabres fans sing "NaNa-Na-Na-Hey-Hey-hey-Goodbye" during the mass exodus of Crapital fans mid 3rd period.

It was glorious!

best part about being at hte game - Random Bills chant's with the Shout song. awesome. section 428 rocked it

431 was all up in the Caps crease.

The Highlight was having 4 rows of Sabres fans sing "NaNa-Na-Na-Hey-Hey-hey-Goodbye" during the mass exodus of Crapital fans mid 3rd period.

It was glorious!

What gives??

Go Sabres!

They always do it, if there is a Canadian opponent or not.

I think largely due to the fact that a lot of people from Canada go to the games.