Patrick Walker, Northern Colorado WR

Punch

According to Matthew Elder @BillsDraft the Bills have a strong interest in Patrick Walker, who is described as being similar to Roscoe Parrish: 5' 8", 184 lbs, athletic WR with "greased lightning" speed.

It's not shocking they'd have interest in such a WR considering how much Roscoe figured into Gailey's offensive plans before injury derailed him each of the past two seasons.

Walker is the opposite of what Nix has publicly stated the Bills were interested in in regards to a big physical WR---Would they draft two WRs, though? Is that out of the realm of possibility?

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/03/northern-colorado-wr-patrick-walker-interview/

I could see them taking two WRs. One to be the "number two" and another to potentially fill Roscoe's shoes. I agree, Gailey did seem to like having that kind of weapon in his offense (when Roscoe was healthy).

Edited by The New Beast of the East

Walker is the opposite of what Nix has publicly stated the Bills were interested in in regards to a big physical WR---Would they draft two WRs, though? Is that out of the realm of possibility?

They need both, so yes, I expect them to draft at least two WRs next month. They need one as a full time starter opposite Steve Johnson and a second as a slot receiver to replace Roscoe Parrish.

very interesting if they draft one of the "little folk" at wr. i loved the potential of roscoe parrish catching the quick stuff with a couple blockers up front. it just never really materialized for him. but, the plan is quite sound and i absolutely think there is a spot for that type of player on this team. the only question i have is: wouldn't it be better to use cj spiller in this role from time to time?

only so many roster spots to go around - given the current group if the bills add a WR early in the draft (to fill the #2 role) and a WR late in the draft (to fill the "roscoe" role) i wouldn't expect the late guy to actually crack the roster (perhaps practice squad though).......now if the bills can't find their #2 and don't want to reach the possibilty of WR picked late getting a roster spot is much better

I wouldn't expect roster spots to be a major issue. Aside from Steve Johnson and, to a lesser extent, David Nelson, none of these guys are anything close to guaranteed a roster spot. The rest of the WR roster is essentially glorified camp fodder.

Edited by Brandon

I say we take two just for the competition. we have a full camp this year and should be able to grade out well enough with what we have and send the remainder to PS or..just away.

But the insightful comment about CJ got me thinking. If Chan can get down with running Fred and CJ on the same plays, why wouldn't we have him motion to the slot or pick up what some of Parrish did for us? Draft two regardless of size. As long as they are big and fast

only so many roster spots to go around - given the current group if the bills add a WR early in the draft (to fill the #2 role) and a WR late in the draft (to fill the "roscoe" role) i wouldn't expect the late guy to actually crack the roster (perhaps practice squad though).......now if the bills can't find their #2 and don't want to reach the possibilty of WR picked late getting a roster spot is much better

That's a legitimate thought. I mean, come cut downs, despite everyone now saying "we need recievers", with the aquisition of two good WR's in the draft, ones we liked, we'd then be saying, "which WR's do we HAVE to cut?" It's a good problem, but still, if we're cutting them, maybe we could use the picks elsewhere?

They need both, so yes, I expect them to draft at least two WRs next month. They need one as a full time starter opposite Steve Johnson and a second as a slot receiver to replace Roscoe Parrish.

So they need a guy to put on IR?

FWIW, Scouts, Inc. doesn't have Patrick Walker listed in their top 208 WRs coming out this year. Then again, Wes Welker was an UFA. He may be a guy they pick in the 7th round if he's drafted at all.

I'd rather have T.Y. Hilton. He's like a Dante Hall, but a much better receiver. I like him a lot more than when McCluster came out.

youtube.com/watch?v=FYmbKz55ZEM

I agree with getting T.Y. He is a playmaker and would fill the Roscoe slot nicely.