Soccer team builds billion-dollar resort island

My link

I bet the NFL is looking this move: Turning your team's brand into a luxury vacation destination. Looks sweet.

So what would "Ralph Wilson's Bills Funland" look like, and would you vacation there?

PTR

We already have that....it's called Orchard Fun Park!

Rides:

The Distiller! See how well your reflexes, and intestines, hold up after getting up at 4 am, commencing the boozing at 7am, trying to keep that rolling through the 2:30-4:30 no booze zone, and then can you pick it right back up again at the Big Tree?

Mr. Toad's Spooky Silly Ride! Can you keep your self control, and stay in the car, when you know that either the driver is drunk, or, it's your sister's assclown boyfriend, who says he "knows a shortcut"?

The Gemini! Sometimes it's you driving when you've had too much, sometimes you are driving dead sober because you have an important work thing tomorrow. In the first case, can you avoid the people, cops, dogs, bikes, and mailboxes, especially with Distiller Reflexes and Dick Jauron-induced rage? In the second, can you avoid the first case people, and not scare everyone in the car by screaming at the drunks too much....and avoid the 2 hours later tirade due to Dick Jauron-induced rage? Can you avoid the alluring hypocrisy?

Games:

The Zipper Ripper! Can you get 3 layers off and do your #2 business generated by The Distiller, before your rear end freezes to the seat, through the toilet paper? Can you get those 3 layers back on before Mr. Happy suffers from permanent shrinkage, or becomes completely useless for the rest of the day(not that The Distiller doesn't make that a distinct possibility anyway)?

Smoker's Hide and Seek! Can you light up and smoke at least half that cigarette before they find you?

Power Outage Pee Dodge! Can you hit that pitch black bathroom and emerge with only a slight splash on your elbow, or, will you end up with a pee stain from you ass to your ankles, or, puddles in your sneakers?

Opposing Female Fan Popcorn Toss! It's a mixed doubles game. The female aspect: How many pieces of popcorn can you toss into her hair and have them stick? The record AFAIK is 7, (handicapped for female Jet fans to 10), but be warned: this game can have an Ultimate Fighting Phase 2, which is the male aspect of the game.

Opposing Fan Blackjack! Can you insult/harass/joke with an opposing fan enough to own them, and stay, or do you go for that one last hit, risking busting, and turning them into Frank the Tank?

Shows:

Beer Goggle Deal or No Deal! Should you stick with that mildly hot, mildly drunk one, or, should you go for the really hot, really drunk one and try to get her back to the hotel? But beware! You could end up spending the second half helping her puke/seeing her to the ambulance, only to find out tomorrow from your friends that she was a 5!

Ralph Wilson Jackass! Will that drunk guy/girl bounce 3 times down the stairs or 2? Will s/he end up landing on her feet, or with a serious head injury?

Who wants to be a hypothermia victim? Yes, that girl you saw in the parking lot with no headgear will be going out on a gurney...the only question is when? Over/under game.

Tailgate Idol! Who is going to be the next big tailgate talent? Will that guy make the greatest parking lot catch ever....but land in your chili, and knock over half your bar? Will the other that guy succeed in supposedly firing up the entire section, by screaming obscenities and standing the whole game, starting at the tailgate? Who is the next, #1 "real fan"?

:D I am sure there are more.....

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Rides:

The Distiller! See how well your reflexes, and intestines, hold up after getting up at 4 am, commencing the boozing at 7am, trying to keep that rolling through the 2:30-4:30 no booze zone, and then can you pick it right back up again at the Big Tree?

Mr. Toad's Spooky Silly Ride! Can you keep your self control, and stay in the car, when you know that either the driver is drunk, or, it's your sister's assclown boyfriend, who says he "knows a shortcut"?

The Gemini! Sometimes it's you driving when you've had too much, sometimes you are driving dead sober because you have an important work thing tomorrow. In the first case, can you avoid the people, cops, dogs, bikes, and mailboxes, especially with Distiller Reflexes and Dick Jauron-induced rage? In the second, can you avoid the first case people, and not scare everyone in the car by screaming at the drunks too much....and avoid the 2 hours later tirade due to Dick Jauron-induced rage? Can you avoid the alluring hypocrisy?

Games:

The Zipper Ripper! Can you get 3 layers off and do your #2 business generated by The Distiller, before your rear end freezes to the seat, through the toilet paper? Can you get those 3 layers back on before Mr. Happy suffers from permanent shrinkage, or becomes completely useless for the rest of the day(not that The Distiller doesn't make that a distinct possibility anyway)?

Smoker's Hide and Seek! Can you light up and smoke at least half that cigarette before they find you?

Power Outage Pee Dodge! Can you hit that pitch black bathroom and emerge with only a slight splash on your elbow, or, will you end up with a pee stain from you ass to your ankles, or, puddles in your sneakers?

Opposing Female Fan Popcorn Toss! It's a mixed doubles game. The female aspect: How many pieces of popcorn can you toss into her hair and have them stick? The record AFAIK is 7, (handicapped for female Jet fans to 10), but be warned: this game can have an Ultimate Fighting Phase 2, which is the male aspect of the game.

Opposing Fan Blackjack! Can you insult/harass/joke with an opposing fan enough to own them, and stay, or do you go for that one last hit, risking busting, and turning them into Frank the Tank?

Shows:

Beer Goggle Deal or No Deal! Should you stick with that mildly hot, mildly drunk one, or, should you go for the really hot, really drunk one and try to get her back to the hotel? But beware! You could end up spending the second half helping her puke/seeing her to the ambulance, only to find out tomorrow from your friends that she was a 5!

Ralph Wilson Jackass! Will that drunk guy/girl bounce 3 times down the stairs or 2? Will s/he end up landing on her feet, or with a serious head injury?

Who wants to be a hypothermia victim? Yes, that girl you saw in the parking lot with no headgear will be going out on a gurney...the only question is when? Over/under game.

Tailgate Idol! Who is going to be the next big tailgate talent? Will that guy make the greatest parking lot catch ever....but land in your chili, and knock over half your bar? Will the other that guy succeed in supposedly firing up the entire section, by screaming obscenities and standing the whole game, starting at the tailgate? Who is the next, #1 "real fan"?

Epic. This was a well thought out, great post. Thanks OC!

My link

I bet the NFL is looking this move: Turning your team's brand into a luxury vacation destination. Looks sweet.

So what would "Ralph Wilson's Bills Funland" look like, and would you vacation there?

PTR

I think that place is great. It might clear out more space, in way cooler travel destinations, of people that seemingly base their whole life on sports/sporting events.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

My link

PTR

Bills funland would include a theme park, movie complex, theater, Buffalo wild wings, live concerts centered around an invisible domed stadium with a 3D jumbotron and dolby surround sound paid for a global tax initiated by Obama. :flirt:

No way does ths cost only $1 Billion......no chance!!! That cost is waaaaay off for a project this big.

lost in translation.

add 000 to your billion and you have a billion european style

your billion is a milliard to us here, to clarify it

Edited by playman

Rides:

Games:

Shows:

That is some funny stuff. Thanks

My link

PTR

Not funded entirely by Real Madrid, partnership with the government there.

And it isn't where they will be playing their league games. This is a resort they are building in an area that attracts the wealthiest people in the world.

They are also one of the most popular sports franchises in the world.

The UAE is a very nice (and expensive) place to go to, particularly if you are on business and don't have to pay for it ;).

Not funded entirely by Real Madrid, partnership with the government there.

And it isn't where they will be playing their league games. This is a resort they are building in an area that attracts the wealthiest people in the world.

They are also one of the most popular sports franchises in the world.

The UAE is a very nice (and expensive) place to go to, particularly if you are on business and don't have to pay for it ;).

Actually, the UAE is just about the most sickening, ultra-artificial surrounding you will find on the face of our beautiful planet.

That does, of course, make it the perfect landing spot for Real Madrid, the most artificially blown up soccer club in the world. (R.M. currently has about 650 million Euros of debt.)

Actually, the UAE is just about the most sickening, ultra-artificial surrounding you will find on the face of our beautiful planet.

That does, of course, make it the perfect landing spot for Real Madrid, the most artificially blown up soccer club in the world. (R.M. currently has about 650 million Euros of debt.)

I always enjoyed it when I was there on business. There is a lot of money there and gaudy is a way of life, which is what makes it a desirable destination to the super wealthy I suppose. To me it is along the lines of "nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there". Which is OK because I couldn't afford to live there even if I wanted to.

I always enjoyed it when I was there on business. There is a lot of money there and gaudy is a way of life, which is what makes it a desirable destination to the super wealthy I suppose. To me it is along the lines of "nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there". Which is OK because I couldn't afford to live there even if I wanted to.

From what I read the level of western tolerance is also a facade. It's still a Muslim society and you can still get in deep poo for violating their mores. Personally I would never go there.

PTR

From what I read the level of western tolerance is also a facade. It's still a Muslim society and you can still get in deep poo for violating their mores. Personally I would never go there.

PTR

Naw, the sheiks are very much aware of the fact that their going to be running out of oil in the near future. So you can get yourself out of just about any trouble if you have the necessary cash. Unless you're a woman and want to drive a car, that is...

The UAE is not nearly as hardcore as other Muslim societies. I have been to Saudi Arabia as well as the UAE and there is a world of difference between the two ... and Saudi Arabia is probably the most "easy going" of all it's neighbors. Women are starting to drive cars in the UAE now even ;)

Regarding getting in trouble there, it takes a certain type of stupid to go anywhere outside of the USA and not understand the society you will be visiting. Or even worse, to expect or demand them to cater to the rules of your society. Every country has some rules very different than the USA, not just Muslim ones. Unfortunately many Americans don't get out much so when they do, some of them are that certain type of stupid. And they probably would be much better off just traveling somewhere in the USA.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The UAE is not nearly as hardcore as other Muslim societies. I have been to Saudi Arabia as well as the UAE and there is a world of difference between the two ... and Saudi Arabia is probably the most "easy going" of all it's neighbors. Women are starting to drive cars in the UAE now even ;)

Regarding getting in trouble there, it takes a certain type of stupid to go anywhere outside of the USA and not understand the society you will be visiting. Or even worse, to expect or demand them to cater to the rules of your society. Every country has some rules very different than the USA, not just Muslim ones. Unfortunately many Americans don't get out much so when they do, some of them are that certain type of stupid. And they probably would be much better off just traveling somewhere in the USA.

Granted. But I've read stories...no idea how accurate....where once you get on their bad side it only gets worse. One story was a kid who was accused of being homosexual after he was sexually attacked by several UAE males. Then there are the tales of foreign workers in the UAE.

PTR

You are actually verry right. And, as an American born and raised in Europe, I am quite sensitive to that. Quite frankly, what disturbs me more about the UAE than their traditional cultural habits is their breed of unsustainable and ruthless hardcore-capitalism.