[OT] Chrysler 300.... have it for a week...

SDS

I am test driviing a 300 for a week and all i can say is that I'm really impressed. This V8 has some serious balls. 0-80 mph in a blink of an eye and when you are going it 80 - the ride is so smooth you feel like you are going 30.

The interior is very tasteful - fit and finish are excellent. I've had 10 people test drive it so far and everyone has liked it.

The car is solid. Feels like you are driving a tank. A very FAST tank.

It would be nice if the quality turns out to be good because Chrysler has a winner here. My friend said it was by far the best car they have ever built quality wise since he has been w/ the company.

How did you get it for a week? Sounds like you know someone with a dealership or the company. I know GM has a 24 hour test drive program, but this would be the first I've heard of that's a week.

181944[/snapback]

my neighbor was head of mid-atlantic sales. their offices are a mile from the house. they have all their cars parked in a row and if you know the right people - you just check 'em out if you want to test drive them.

How did you get it for a week? Sounds like you know someone with a dealership or the company. I know GM has a 24 hour test drive program, but this would be the first I've heard of that's a week.

181944[/snapback]

I wanna test drive a pick-up with GM so that I can move my tempur-pedic mattress out of my girlfriends house so that I at least have the option to break up with her, do you think this is a feasible plan? I'd really rather not rent a vehicle.

I am test driviing a 300 for a week and all i can say is that I'm really impressed.  This V8 has some serious balls.  0-80 mph in a blink of an eye and when you are going it 80 - the ride is so smooth you feel like you are going 30.

The interior is very tasteful - fit and finish are excellent.  I've had 10 people test drive it so far and everyone has liked it. 

The car is solid.  Feels like you are driving a tank. A very FAST tank.

It would be nice if the quality turns out to be good because Chrysler has a winner here. My friend said it was by far the best car they have ever built quality wise since he has been w/ the company.

181937[/snapback]

What's you impression regarding outward visiblilty?

What's you impression regarding outward visiblilty?

181967[/snapback]

Well, it is certainly less than other cars, but I haven't been bothered by it at all. Then again, I haven't tried to parallel park it either. :o

It wouldn't hold me back.

Well, it is certainly less than other cars, but I haven't been bothered by it at all.  Then again, I haven't tried to parallel park it either. :o

It wouldn't hold me back.

181976[/snapback]

Have you tried a three-point turn on a two-lane street? There is something I'd be curious to hear about. Too many cars have a crappy turning radius.

Have you tried a three-point turn on a two-lane street? There is something I'd be curious to hear about. Too many cars have a crappy turning radius.

181979[/snapback]

turns on a dime. many people who have driven it said there were surprised at the tight turns.

I wanna test drive a pick-up with GM so that I can move my tempur-pedic mattress out of my girlfriends house so that I at least have the option to break up with her, do you think this is a feasible plan?  I'd really rather not rent a vehicle.

181960[/snapback]

:o:(

181979[/snapback]

Not the crown vic, when it comes to big cars, thats got one of the best turning radius'(or is it radii, ray-dee-eye, you know?). My friends old cop car whips around pretty good. It's the officiel Po-Piece of the Buffalo Bills.

Not the crown vic, when it comes to big cars, thats got one of the best turning radius'(or is it radii, ray-dee-eye, you know?).  My friends old cop car whips around pretty good.  It's the officiel Po-Piece of the Buffalo Bills.

181987[/snapback]

300: 19.5'

crown vic: 20'

I wanna test drive a pick-up with GM so that I can move my tempur-pedic mattress out of my girlfriends house so that I at least have the option to break up with her, do you think this is a feasible plan?  I'd really rather not rent a vehicle.

181960[/snapback]

It appears it may be over: GM 24 Hour Test Drive. Wouldn't hurt to call your local dealer to find out though.

I am test driviing a 300 for a week and all i can say is that I'm really impressed.  This V8 has some serious balls.  0-80 mph in a blink of an eye and when you are going it 80 - the ride is so smooth you feel like you are going 30.

The interior is very tasteful - fit and finish are excellent.  I've had 10 people test drive it so far and everyone has liked it. 

The car is solid.  Feels like you are driving a tank. A very FAST tank.

181937[/snapback]

If you think the 300 is sweet, you should have tried it's predecessor -the LHS. The 300 just doesn't match up. I know this belief is shared by many WNY'ers who have had them both.