Lament Of a Buffalo Fan

plenzmd1

So now we have one of the meanest, toughest, DLines in the NFL, and I just read on PFT that they may take Madden to heart and give QBs the exact same protection as punters and kickers. I mean part of the effectivess of the line is just not sacks, but pressures and the the thought in the QB mind that even if he releases the ball, he might still get drilled.

If that is gone..does the Dline become less effective? Will they have to outlaw pump fakes? Will the QB have to stay in the pocket??

This benefits the Bills.

Fitzpatrick needs all the help he can get.

But even with the help of the league, Fitz will still only be able to take this team so far.

8-8.

Wouldn't it be a little more prudent to wait until after the draft to put season record predictions out there?

So now we have one of the meanest, toughest, DLines in the NFL, and I just read on PFT that they may take Madden to heart and give QBs the exact same protection as punters and kickers. I mean part of the effectivess of the line is just not sacks, but pressures and the the thought in the QB mind that even if he releases the ball, he might still get drilled.

If that is gone..does the Dline become less effective? Will they have to outlaw pump fakes? Will the QB have to stay in the pocket??

If that actually were to happen, Im completely done with professional football.

The only consolation is that it's PFT reporting it. Cue Tom...

PHEW!!! I thought you read it from a credible source. PFT back at it again I see.

Wouldn't it be a little more prudent to wait until after the draft to put season record predictions out there?

No.

QB is THE most important position on any football team.

And Fitz is...not good. :bag:

8-8 with most losses occurring in the middle to the end of the season as Fitzpatrick wears down.

This benefits the Bills.

Fitzpatrick needs all the help he can get.

But even with the help of the league, Fitz will still only be able to take this team so far.

8-8.

We're having one of the best off-seasons that I can remember, We just TODAY made a very very good signing and retained a key player. Why the complaining? We had no defense since we've had Fitz, not saying he's elite because he's not. tom brady is the only elite QB in the league with a better record over 8-8 with a worse defense than ours.

We have a VERY solid defense.

By mid season their only incentive to play well will be being selected to be on the AFC Pro Bowl.

...sorry! :bag:

Pessimism without logic. Typical bills fan psychologically damaged from the years of being tortured by watching the product the bills put on the field. Fitz is a solid qb when his oline isnt in shambles and when he isnt down by 14 right away because the defense couldnt stop sh*t. On paper this team is better than 8-8. Try to be more optimistic and you will find that life isnt so crappy :P