Defending New England

No, I am not a "draft an OLine/Dline first" guy. I've always been a draft the BPA guy. Always will be.

You make a good point about Kelsay and I think he's in the mix as well as Merriman at DE if healthy. While there's a chance the Bills acquire another DE in the draft, I think he's gonna come from FAgency.

I don't agree that's it's as simple as three being good and four being bad equals unsuccessful coverage on Welker and Gronk. What contributed more than anything was not harassing Brady. The Giants don't have vaunted All Pros in teh secondary and are quite successful as a result of scheme and pressure from their front four.

Like I said originally, you are not going to shut down Brady. But you need to make him as uncomfortable as possible and force him into using personnel he'd rather not use.

All that said, I'd gladly take that CB at 10 if the Bills think he's the BPA on their board. And there's a good chance he will be.

GO BILLS!!!

You can't just be a build line out type guy or be a get them later guy. You really have to be a BPA guy and see how that BPA will fit with your team. On the OL for instance if you have a strong G-C-G you can get by with okay Tackles provided you have a couple good WRs and a good RB to keep the D honest. Yes you can find skill players later in the draft, but it is rare to keep finding Andre Reed's/Darrel Revis's later in the draft. You have to have a mix of adding those players at the appropriate times in the top part of the draft.

You also don't find many Bruce Smith's/Mario Williams/Julius Peppers later in the draft, you need to grab them in the early rounds too. Same goes with LBs.

That being said you can use FA as a tool as well, but you do always overpay and it all comes down to value. FA impact WRs and CBs cost a fortune and aren't worth it unless you are only that position away from serious contention. It is good to grab those players when they are there. You can find good OL talent later on in the draft. You can also find good DT talent later on in the draft, Kyle Williams. However, if a Marcel Dareus is there, you have to take him. Same goes with an LB like Patrick Willis or Von Miller. If you are a couple drafts away and have some holes on the lines, you can take a WR or CB that can play and make an impact day one and not be too far away.

Let them sign all the offensive guys they want - the Pats GLARING weakness is defense.

Sorry if this has already been posted

Williams recently changed his Twitter avatar. In it, Williams is playing Mario from "Super Mario Bros." and he is throwing a fireball at a helpless looking Goomba Brady. Williams will be going after Brady a lot over the next several seasons.

I know - this was covered in a different thread

A source confirmed the visits but did not say how much interest Baltimore had. The Bills announced their visit and said Anderson is meeting with doctors today

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

If Chan would commit to the run, develop the wildcat in the offseason, anything to keep the chains moving and the clock ticking would be helpful. I tt would keep Brady on the sidelines. Ive said it before, the Patriots as a team are not that good, your playing Brady, you slow down Brady to beat the Pats. We cant go 3 and out or turn the ball over and keep giving him opportunities.