Favorite movie scenes

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! A very good old friend of mine wrote the screenplay for "Se7en"...glad the film is still appreciated. Also saw another of his films "The Wolfman" referenced in this thread...he isn't too proud of that one...but I thought it was alright!

Awesome! A very good old friend of mine wrote the screenplay for "Se7en"...glad the film is still appreciated. Also saw another of his films "The Wolfman" referenced in this thread...he isn't too proud of that one...but I thought it was alright!

Andrew Kevin Walker is a fabulous writer. One of the best in the business and someone I learned a ton from just by reading his stuff.

That's what makes the good ones great.

We worked together years ago, and still keep in touch sporadically. He was so down on "The Wolfman" that I almost felt like a traitor going to see it. It was not "Se7en", but I have seen far worse movies...went to see it opening night...my gf has a thing for Benicio, so it was as good excuse as any. I realize (and I think you have probably been through some of this) what you write, and what makes it to the screen are not always the same. I really wanted AKW to write the screenplay for that awful Tim Burton "Planet Of the Apes"...it would have been awesome, I am sure of it...

We worked together years ago, and still keep in touch sporadically. He was so down on "The Wolfman" that I almost felt like a traitor going to see it. It was not "Se7en", but I have seen far worse movies...went to see it opening night...my gf has a thing for Benicio, so it was as good excuse as any. I realize (and I think you have probably been through some of this) what you write, and what makes it to the screen are not always the same. I really wanted AKW to write the screenplay for that awful Tim Burton "Planet Of the Apes"...it would have been awesome, I am sure of it...

It's absolutely a brutal business in that regards. Especially for writers. When it comes to feature films, the writer ranks somewhere below the concessions salesman. The story we spent months painstakingly crafting is often treated with the tenderness of a doberman once production gets rolling. We're more often than not the first to be fired (sometimes several times before cameras even begin to roll) and viewed as the easiest (and cheapest) to replace.

It's definitely not for the feint of heart or the creative purists. Feature film making is an enormously collaborative art form -- which is just another way producers and directors tell writers to !@#$ off.

To me, "Se7en" is one of the best films I have ever seen, and I have a lot of favorites.

This movie is more than just the suspenseful mystery scenes and the disturbing grotesque murders and it's infamous ending. Not to mention Kevin Spacey's creepy performance.

What I love about "Se7en" is the characters played by Pitt & Freeman. The veteran soon to be retired detective who has had it with society, and the young eager detective who is ready to conquer the world. Their interaction in attempting to solve these bizarre murders is so well done, and the writing is superb in this story.

Another favorite scene of mine from this movie best exemplifies the differences in these two characters:

Pitt & Freeman are fantastic here. This scene should be in film & acting classes.

But first you should watch this scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=v4NcuPb4wmA&feature=related

The build up to the ending in that movie was amazing. Just like the detectives, you had no way to see what was coming.

One of my favorite movies, and an underrated bit of the Burton catalogue. That scene gets me every time.

I LOVE Big Fish. Awesome movie. It seems to be very underrated as you said, which is unfortunate.

Props. I feel like I let myself down, forgetting to include my own movie clip into this conversation.

Y'know, I'll probably take some crap for this, but I think that scene is one of the most overrated and ridiculous scenes ever. It was like watching a conversation between two impersonators: one was imitating every Pacino character ever played and the other was imitating every DeNiro character ever played.

Y'know, I'll probably take some crap for this, but I think that scene is one of the most overrated and ridiculous scenes ever. It was like watching a conversation between two impersonators: one was imitating every Pacino character ever played and the other was imitating every DeNiro character ever played.

Which was which?