THE SHONALD, lastly fires the Broncos....

Intersting side note too. ESPN picks interns dressed in costumes of the teams waiting to be fired. Three dudes in the Jets, Balt and JAX teams. Some hottie little blonde chick in the Broncos. Salisbury even called her hot. lol

But the Bills. ONLY the Bills.....not represented by a human being. lol

It was a cardboard cutout of Drew!

Christ, why are we always different than everyone else?

MORE COWBELL for the Shonald!

Go Bills!

Salisbury will apparently say anthing. Over the two weeks, I have heard him say emphaticaly that the Ravens, Jags, Bills and Jets will all be in the playoffs, and he has mentioned all as teams that would be the proverbial cliched team "on the outside looking in!"

Slaisbury used to be good. Over the last two or three years though, as sports "journalism"/broadcasting have devolved, Salisbury has become much more "edgey". That would be fine, if he had anything intelligent to say...he must have seen the pink slips that guys like Jimbo (Kelly), Mark Malone were getting and decided "I better dumb myself down, ESPN style, or I will be out of a job too!" ESPN sucks!

BTW, has anyone seen Jim Everett on the FOX NET Ultimate Football show? Oh my god! He is maybe the worst ever. He looks like he is ready to crawl out of his own skin, anytime he has to talk....how do these guys get jobs. Whether Kelly was fired, or quit ESPN, I am glad he is not in broadcasting. I loved him as a player, but cringed when he was on ESPN. I hate seeing the greats stoop so low...I also hate to admitt, Marino is pretty good!

I think "Chrissy" Everett should go on Rome is Burning that would be great TV.

181564[/snapback]

I think Esiason is borderline stupid. One night during a monday night game he was doing on the radio i remember their sideline update type guy made some sort of Rodney King comment in regards to the beating that was being put on the other team and Esiason's reply just sent me reeling.

I agree...I like both of those guys - Marino comes off as a pompus prick.....

181572[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more, Marino acts all high and mighty which is totally uncalled for in this type of broadcasting. I guess he thinks he is better than everyone else because he won a few awards for INDIVIDUAL efforts.

I couldn't agree more, Marino acts all high and mighty which is totally uncalled for in this type of broadcasting. I guess he thinks he is better than everyone else because he won a few awards for INDIVIDUAL efforts.

181616[/snapback]

Cris Carter isn't much better than Marino, if he is at all.

I think Esiason is borderline stupid.  One night during a monday night game he was doing on the radio i remember their sideline update type guy made some sort of Rodney King comment in regards to the beating that was being put on the other team and Esiason's reply just sent me reeling.

181574[/snapback]

Boomer reminds of the outcast kid who wants to be part of the "in" crowd, yet makes silly comments that make no sense. He was a decent QB and probably has good football knowledge, but he comes off the wrong way. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did on ABC.

I thought it was funny. The hairdo on Salisbury was great. Cardboard cut out was a shot at Drew's mobility i think. Bottom line is you can't take broadcasters or even the games themselves too seriously. After all it's only a game. (my safety net catch phrase). :o

Boomer reminds of the outcast kid who wants to be part of the "in" crowd, yet makes silly comments that make no sense. He was a decent QB and probably has good football knowledge, but he comes off the wrong way. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did on ABC.

181746[/snapback]

We had a guy who lived in our dorm freshman year like that, he followed us around for a total of 3 years before failing out and going back to the 'cuse, we called him "the fist!@#$ guy" and he accepted this name the way most of us would accept a nickname like "T-Bone" or "The Chief"

Hmmmm...I rarely get to see the CBS pre-game show (the bar I watch at always shows the ESPN pre-games show), but I do see Marino every week on HBO's "Inside the NFL". Unless he has two personas, I don't see the "pompus ass" thing at all, and in fact, think he comes off very well, and very likable. Believe me, I hated the guy when he played. I am not saying that he is the best or even close (Steve Young is much better), but that he doesn't embarass himself. He has a good sense of humour, great football knowledge, and can speak clearly (a talent that evaded our beloved Jim Kelly), and seems at ease in front of the camera...

Now I loved Steve Young as a player but I hate him on NFL live or countdown or whatever he's on. He has this mindset that if you aren't a scrambling quarterback then you have no business starting in teh NFL. HE has absolutely no respect for bledsoe and it seems little for the bills(of course I havent watched him in a few weeks). Also, it sounds to me like ol' steve still thinks he can play.