Why Stephen Hill WILL be the pick at number 10.

mob16151

1334664718[/url]' post='2438521']

OK. First, I don't put much stock in the Biletnikoff award. Josh Reed won it, too, in 2001. Second, hot prospects often flame out in the NFL.

You asked about his resume. The Billetnikoff award is on his resume. Lots of prospects flame out in the nfl, hot prospects, long time prospects, middle round prospects, can't miss prospects.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were the one who asked "how much resume" Johnson had and KOK provided it. Now that the facts don't fit your theory you make a vague, useless statement like "hot prospects flame out."

Calvin Johnson didn't.

Yes, KOK provided it....but I would like to know what my theory was. All I did was ask a question.

You asked about his resume. The Billetnikoff award is on his resume. Lots of prospects flame out in the nfl, hot prospects, long time prospects, middle round prospects, can't miss prospects.

I also pointed out that Josh Reed won it. Should I list other winners with stellar NFL careers, such as Bobby Engram (1994), Marcus Harris (1996), Troy Walters (1999), Antonio Bryant (2000), Charles Rogers (2002), Mike Hass (2005), and Golden Tate (2009)? My point that the Biletnikoff is dubious at best as an indicator of success at the NFL level.

1334709317[/url]' post='2439239']

Yes, KOK provided it....but I would like to know what my theory was. All I did was ask a question.

I also pointed out that Josh Reed won it. Should I list other winners with stellar NFL careers, such as Bobby Engram (1994), Marcus Harris (1996), Troy Walters (1999), Antonio Bryant (2000), Charles Rogers (2002), Mike Hass (2005), and Golden Tate (2009)? My point that the Biletnikoff is dubious at best as an indicator of success at the NFL level.

You pointed out the unsuccessful winners....after you asked about his resume. If he won the heisman, you could talk about 20+ others that sucked in the nfl. If he was 1st team AA, you could talk about the 100 others that sucked. For every college superstar that succeeds in the nfl, there are 200 that don't. So why even bother asking about someone's resume?

Edited by NewEra

well if your going to be bashing people, I will hop in...no need for the comma in that sentence, remove comma and you have a complete sentence.

aside from English writing lessons, I like Hill as a project, but definately NOT with the 10 pick

Correction: Aside from English writing lessons, I like Hill as a project, but definitelyNOT with the 10 pick.

Seriously, unless your grammar, spelling, syntax and composition skills are perfect, do not correct the errors of other people.

You pointed out the unsuccessful winners....after you asked about his resume. If he won the heisman, you could talk about 20+ others that sucked in the nfl. If he was 1st team AA, you could talk about the 100 others that sucked. For every college superstar that succeeds in the nfl, there are 200 that don't. So why even bother asking about someone's resume?

I asked because I did not know of his stats. Also, I will not question the fact that he won the award, but I do question whether or not it s an indicator of potential success in the NFL, or a merely a memorial to a great college career.

Not in round 1

THIS IS THE PROBLEM WHEN THREADS GET MERGED! About 5 - 6 pages of this 8 page thread were regarding "How do we get Stephen Hill?" not "He will be the pick at #10". Hill WILL go in the 1st there is no doubt. #10 would be early and it would be based on speculation about his potential as well as his SICK measureables. If we move around in the draft it's possible that we might end up getting him.

picking Hill at 10 would be something Al Davis would do

Picking Kendall Wright at #10 would be something that Al would do because he is undersized and plays fast!

THIS IS THE PROBLEM WHEN THREADS GET MERGED! About 5 - 6 pages of this 8 page thread were regarding "How do we get Stephen Hill?" not "He will be the pick at #10". Hill WILL go in the 1st there is no doubt. #10 would be early and it would be based on speculation about his potential as well as his SICK measureables. If we move around in the draft it's possible that we might end up getting him.

Yes! Yes! YES! All WIN! Kill the Mods! Eat the Mods! We are the 99%!

Because? Because I want my unrealistic draft scenario in it's own thread!

No thread? No Peace! No thread? No Peace!

:D

I'm gonna go smoke 10,000 dollars worth of crack, come back, and still not be able to post a sillier pick at #10. This guy is a 4th round talent as a football player. Damn.....just damn.

Buddy Nix would need to smoke that much crack to take Hill at the 10 spot :lol:

Seriously, the guy is a project mostly because he doesn't know the complete route tree. The kid can block so he would be a plus for a running team that wants to develop him

If Hill had been in a top passing offense and put up good numbers he would be a top ten pick. Some team will still take the guy in the mid to late first round simply because his numbers are so good. 6'4'' 4.3 40

It's still part of his college resume, isn't it? That's what u asked wasn't it? Since you were too lazy to look it up yourself?

And if I was, so what? It was provided to me, and I consider myself a little more educated about Calvin Johnson. And too lazy? Well, OK, I'll buy off on that, but I thought that was why we can ask questions here in America. How conduct myself is completely up to me, as long as I do not violate the TOS. If you have a problem with that, you are SOL.

Edited by jjmac

Reading comprehension fail? His measurables compare FAVORABLY to Calvin Johnsons. Good lord to people on line know what words all together in a row mean? It's called a sentence. There used to say things. Good lord.

They're

Woah.. Bobby Engram hate?? he had 650 career receptions and 7700 yds! come on man!

My bad....I stand corrected.

Nice of you to say so but you're not completely wrong by any means.

Engram put up good numbers which were abetted by a very long career, something like 15 years.

I don't believe that he ever made a Pro Bowl so the fact of him winning the Biletnikoff Award remains kind of underwhelming.

My bad....I stand corrected.

Nice of you to say so but you're not completely wrong by any means.

Engram put up good numbers which were abetted by a very long career, something like 15 years.

I don't believe that he ever made a Pro Bowl so the fact of him winning the Biletnikoff Award remains kind of underwhelming.