New Draft Strategy?

RyanC883

Ok. Now that we have the pass rusher we so desperately needed, who do we draft. I'm thinking the consensus will be OT since Bell appears to be gone. But, I would take the best defensive player available. Get the top LB, or Irving from South Carolina. Make the D nasty for the next 5 years. The draft is deep at DT, so taking one in the 2nd round should not be a killer. I like Harriston, and think he is starter material.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

keep building the defense and we will be close to a top 5 d, we still need a corner, lb and a rde.

[/quoteour coaches seem pretty high on Sheppard manning the inside, Barnetts good, that leaves one hole...our LBs will improve immensely behing Williams, Willliams, Dareus, and Kelsay

Sign a WR in free agency.

1st Round: OLB

2nd Round: Offensive Tackle

3rd Round: CB

4th Round: Linebacker

4th Round: WR (if can't sign a WR)/Offensive Line (if WR is signed)

5th Round: DE

6th Round: Defensive Secondary

7th Round: Wide Receiver

We have a conditional from Seattle for Marshawn. Where is that one going?

I agree that they need playmakers, but what if BPA is an OL?

If an OL is the BPA on their board, then I think the Bills will take him. I gotta think Martin and Reiff are up there so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

GO BILLS!!!

The thing that scares me about Martin is the type of offense he played in. Run heavy with a lot of play action and having a very mobile QB. He got destroyed in the USC game. Stanford's offense is not an open spread offense that the Bills run. Draft another Pass rusher and we have the best D line for the next 5 years.

He's a backup at best, at worst the starting RT (though I think Harriston should start at RT). Big hole at LT and no free agents who can fill that void. Bills will grab Martin at 10.

Thats where we disagree. Outside of Kalil there is no sure franchise LT in this draft. In other words from what I've seen of them theres not much of a difference between, Reiff, MAretin, or McCants,Datko.

Thats where we disagree. Outside of Kalil there is no sure franchise LT in this draft. In other words from what I've seen of them theres not much of a difference between, Reiff, MAretin, or McCants,Datko.

You might be right -- I'm not a draftnick so I don't know much about the LTs in the draft. But I do know that right now there is no LT on the Bills roster and there aren't any realistic options available in Free Agency. You either have to resign Bell (and overpay) or you have to use a top pick on a LT. Going into the season with Pears and Harriston as your starting tackles would be a big mistake.

You might be right -- I'm not a draftnick so I don't know much about the LTs in the draft. But I do know that right now there is no LT on the Bills roster and there aren't any realistic options available in Free Agency. You either have to resign Bell (and overpay) or you have to use a top pick on a LT. Going into the season with Pears and Harriston as your starting tackles would be a big mistake.

That could be but, Im cautiously optimistic about Hairston. Most players make thir biggest improvements between thier first and second year.