CBO: Obamacare will cost $1.76T / 10 years

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of like my avatar. So deal with it.

You are taking someone's avatar and using it? Who do you think you are, Joe Biden? I've heard about you from that other board, and it wasn't pretty. You know, I have lurked here for quite some time but have noticed that since you joined the board the intelligence level has dipped. You could be the next actor in Dumb and Dumber.

Dumbest

There's simply not enough lipstick for this pig.

The U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments on the constitutionality of the national health care law next week, and the number of voters who Strongly Support the law’s repeal is now at an eight-month high.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters shows that 56% at least somewhat favor repeal of the health care law, including 46% who Strongly Favor it. Thirty-nine percent (39%) oppose repeal, with 29% who are Strongly Opposed.

ABC News poll is even worse.

Two-thirds of Americans say the U.S. Supreme Court should throw out either the individual mandate in the federal health care law or the law in its entirety, signaling the depth of public disagreement with that element of the Affordable Care Act.

This ABC News/Washington Post poll finds that Americans oppose the law overall by 52-41 percent. And 67 percent believe the high court should either ditch the law or at least the portion that requires nearly all Americans to have coverage.

The high court opens hearings on the law’s constitutionality a week from today.

The law has never earned majority support in ABC/Post polls – and this update, produced for ABC by Langer Research Associates, finds a strong sense its critics are dominating the debate. Seventy percent of Americans report hearing mainly negative things about the law lately; just 19 percent say the buzz has been positive. Even among its supporters, 53 percent are hearing more negatives than positives. Among opponents this soars to 88 percent.

It's almost this simple for the Republican candidate: If you like Obamacare, vote for Obama. If you want it repealed, vote for me.

There's simply not enough lipstick for this pig.

The U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments on the constitutionality of the national health care law next week, and the number of voters who Strongly Support the law’s repeal is now at an eight-month high.

ABC News poll is even worse.

All that polling data is irrelevant now because it will all come down to 9 specific voters

All that polling data is irrelevant now because it will all come down to 9 specific voters

That Supreme Court decision is going to be crazy. My understanding is that the law can't work without the mandate to buy, and if they throw out that mandate, it's hard to say what level of embarrassment the trifecta of Obama/Reid/Pelosi would have brought to their party.

But if the Supreme Court somehow doesn't recuse Kagan and manages to somehow rule that the entire law is constitutional, it will be up to the GOP presidential nominee to repeal it anyway.

That Supreme Court decision is going to be crazy. My understanding is that the law can't work without the mandate to buy, and if they throw out that mandate, it's hard to say what level of embarrassment the trifecta of Obama/Reid/Pelosi would have brought to their party.

But if the Supreme Court somehow doesn't recuse Kagan and manages to somehow rule that the entire law is constitutional, it will be up to the GOP presidential nominee to repeal it anyway.

Snowball's chance that they rule it unconstitutional. It's a 4-4 split with Kennedy the deciding factor.

Not that I think it's constitutional. Just that I don't see them declaring it unconstitutional.

Doubtful it gets repealed either. The GOP won't be able to get around the 60 votes.

I'm afraid we're likely stuck with this turd.

Snowball's chance that they rule it unconstitutional. It's a 4-4 split with Kennedy the deciding factor.

Not that I think it's constitutional. Just that I don't see them declaring it unconstitutional.

Doubtful it gets repealed either. The GOP won't be able to get around the 60 votes.

They don't need to rule that the law is unconstitutional. Only that the mandate is...and it is. Remove the mandate, it's unsustainable.

Two words: constitutional (aka "nuclear") option.

They don't need to rule that the law is unconstitutional. Only that the mandate is...and it is. Remove the mandate, it's unsustainable.

The 3 stooges talked about how even if the mandate were removed, they'd still implement Obamacare. Just because.

I have read that because the only way the democrats could ram this through was thru the process of "reconciliation"

The Republicans only need a simple majority (51 votes) to repeal it.......certainly attainable.

.Health Blog NCPA