The Thread To Name The Unconstitutional

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that was unconstitutional, just stupid.

Maybe, but intentionally putting American citizens in harms way due to this stupidity, by a government that is supposed to protect them, could be an impeachable offense...

Maybe, but intentionally putting American citizens in harms way due to this stupidity, by a government that is supposed to protect them, could be an impeachable offense...

"Stupid" ain't illegal.

Lucky for you.

"Stupid" ain't illegal.

Lucky for you.

Ordering the death of American citizens without due process. (claims it was ok because it was a drone strike outside of the US and he has seen the evidence so we should trust him) After claiming that the prior administration wasn't transparent enough.

Can we make a thread like this for every president that came before him too?

Ordering the death of American citizens without due process. (claims it was ok because it was a drone strike outside of the US and he has seen the evidence so we should trust him) After claiming that the prior administration wasn't transparent enough.

Yes, but I'm not doing it. Feel free to start a separate thread for each president. Make sure you "prime" them by telling us one thing that each president did that was unconstitutional. No sense discussing what's going on in the present when we can talk about William H. Taft.

I'm all for it. As long as we also distinguish between presidents and Congress. I have a hard time blaming all the unconstitutionality of the "Affordable Care Act" on Obama alone.

I'm all for it. As long as we also distinguish between presidents and Congress. I have a hard time blaming all the unconstitutionality of the "Affordable Care Act" on Obama alone.

He doesn't get a pass. Even if he hadn't pushed for it tooth and nail, the President has a duty to uphold the constitution and that means vetoing any legislation that is in violation of it. By signing it into law he forfeited his defense.

Financial Bailouts

Auto Bailouts

Not Having Budgets

How do you figure the financial bailouts?

Budgets are congress' responsibility, not the president's. You might fault him for it, but you can hardly call it an unconstitutional action by him.

How do you figure the financial bailouts?

Budgets are congress' responsibility, not the president's. You might fault him for it, but you can hardly call it an unconstitutional action by him.

The US Government should not be bailing out anyone, nor company, nor market.

You can't be sitting president and think for 1 iota that not having a Budget is acceptable...

The US Government should not be bailing out anyone, nor company, nor market.

But how is it unconstitutional?

You can't be sitting president and think for 1 iota that not having a Budget is acceptable...

But how is it unconstitutional?