The Education of Stevie Johnson

I don't know. He wrote something playful and inoffensive on his undershirt a few times. I've been told that makes him a punk we should've pushed out the door.

exactly.

from ray lewis's wikipedia page:

"Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and his companions and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, and eleven days later the three men were indicted on murder and aggravated assault charges. The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found."

they should walk ray lewis into a gym, and "surprise" him with the families of the 2 men who died, and have him field impromptu questions.

but, lord knows, stevie has some growing up to do! so lets focus on that instead.

I don't know. He wrote something playful and inoffensive on his undershirt a few times. I've been told that makes him a punk we should've pushed out the door.

Don't get ,me wrong, I had no problem with anything he did, but it's clear the league is going to continue to penalize or fine players, and some of those will be on the field judgement calls for right or wrong. I think the bigger lesson for him to learn is to be safe by not celebrating at all so as to not put his team at risk.

Don't get ,me wrong, I had no problem with anything he did, but it's clear the league is going to continue to penalize or fine players, and some of those will be on the field judgement calls for right or wrong. I think the bigger lesson for him to learn is to be safe by not celebrating at all so as to not put his team at risk.

Exactly. No matter how dumb the NFL wants to be, a player is responsible to his teammates when he takes the field. Whenever you knowingly and willfully take a 15 yard penalty, you make it harder for your teammates to do their jobs.

Everybody remembers Rayner flubbing that kickoff, which was terrible, but he wouldn't have been in a position to try kicking the crap out of the ball if he was kicking from the 35.

What I got out of this was that the celebrations ( and penalties ) will continue. He thought the Happy New Years and Jets celebrations would not be penalties. Plus now he's a marked man by NFL refs. SJ, put down the "celebrations" and slowly back away. The kind of EZ celebration he should mimic would be Larry Fitzgerald or Marvin Harrison. Let your play speak volumes for you. Not by playing the fool.

I do like the macarena idea though. Maybe call it the Stevie-arena.

But really I'd be happy if he didn't drop the ball so much.

Edited by reddogblitz

Ive met the guy and had the privilege of talking to him for a good half hour and met his wife. He's mature and anyone who says he's not is ignorant.

Having never met the guy or his wife, if he is mature then what is the explanation for the immature on field behavior?